Feb. 16, 2013
February 16, 2013
North Carolina 93, Virginia 81
- Virginia (18-7, 8-4 ACC) is now 6-65 all-time vs. North Carolina in Chapel Hill.
- Virginia allowed a season-high 93 points in the loss.
- The 93 points allowed by Virginia were the most since allowing 106 to Washington (11/22/10).
- The 93 points allowed were the most in ACC action during the Tony Bennett era at Virginia.
- Virginia was tied at the half (40-40) for the first time this season.
- The 40 first half points and 53 second half points by North Carolina marked season-highs against Virginia.
- The Cavaliers made a season-high 12 3-pointers and shot 50 percent or better from beyond the arc for the seventh time.
- Joe Harris led UVA with a career-high 27 points, his fourth consecutive 20-point effort and fifth in the last six games.
- Harris has made at least one 3-pointer in 15 consecutive games.
- Jontel Evans had a season-high 12 points.
- Evans matched a career-high with six turnovers.
- Evans (5 assists) moved into ninth on Virginia's career assists list with 373.
- Akil Mitchell led Virginia in rebounding (9) for the 18th time.
Cavalier Tennis Programs Joining ForcesMen's Tennis6/21/17UVA's new head tennis coaches -- Andres Pedroso for the men and Sara O'Leary for the women -- want their programs to work closely together.Catching Up With Cherie Greer BrownWomen's Lacrosse6/19/17A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time first-team All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks among the finest players in lacrosse history.European Trip Strengthens Team's BondsWomen's Soccer6/14/17The Virginia women's soccer team recently returned from a trip to Europe, where the Cavaliers played two games in France and one in Germany.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Brogdon Named NBA Rookie of the Year
M. Basketball | 6/26/2017
Former Virginia two-time All-American and current Milwaukee Bucks guard Malcolm Brogdon was named...
Virginia to Host Wisconsin in 2017 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
M. Basketball | 6/8/2017
The Cavaliers and Badgers meet for the third time in the Challenge and fifth time overall. UVA is...
Jeff White: Cavalier Men's Basketball Notebook
M. Basketball | 5/16/2017
The Cavaliers are heading into their ninth season under head coach Tony Bennett, who has led them...
UVA Men’s Basketball Signs Badocchi to NLI
M. Basketball | 5/11/2017
The Virginia men's basketball program signed forward Francesco Badocchi (Milan, Italy) to a...
Huff to Tour Czech Republic and Poland with AIA
M. Basketball | 5/4/2017
Virginia redshirt freshman Jay Huff (Durham, N.C.) will embark on a 13-day competitive basketball...
Perrantes Named VaSID All-State First Team
M. Basketball | 4/20/2017
Virginia’s London Perrantes (Los Angeles) was honored by the Virginia Sports Information...
Perrantes To Compete in Reese's College All-Star Game
M. Basketball | 03/28/2017
London Perrantes has been selected by the NABC to play in the 2017 Reese's Division I College All...
Thompson Departing Virginia Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 03/23/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced March 23 that redshirt junior guard...
- Online Stores