Feb. 16, 2013
February 16, 2013
North Carolina 93, Virginia 81
- Virginia (18-7, 8-4 ACC) is now 6-65 all-time vs. North Carolina in Chapel Hill.
- Virginia allowed a season-high 93 points in the loss.
- The 93 points allowed by Virginia were the most since allowing 106 to Washington (11/22/10).
- The 93 points allowed were the most in ACC action during the Tony Bennett era at Virginia.
- Virginia was tied at the half (40-40) for the first time this season.
- The 40 first half points and 53 second half points by North Carolina marked season-highs against Virginia.
- The Cavaliers made a season-high 12 3-pointers and shot 50 percent or better from beyond the arc for the seventh time.
- Joe Harris led UVA with a career-high 27 points, his fourth consecutive 20-point effort and fifth in the last six games.
- Harris has made at least one 3-pointer in 15 consecutive games.
- Jontel Evans had a season-high 12 points.
- Evans matched a career-high with six turnovers.
- Evans (5 assists) moved into ninth on Virginia's career assists list with 373.
- Akil Mitchell led Virginia in rebounding (9) for the 18th time.
NCAA Quest Begins for Iceland NativeTrack & Field, Cross Country5/24/18A three-time ACC champion in the hammer throw, Virginia junior Hilmar Jonsson competes Thursday at the NCAA East Preliminary meet in Tampa, Fla.Lynch Shines Again in His Season FinaleBaseball5/23/18In what was probably his final appearance for UVA, junior left-hander Daniel Lynch struck out seven Tuesday against Florida State in the ACC tournament.UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Men’s Basketball Adds Caffaro and Key
M. Basketball | 5/18/2018
Virginia men's head basketball coach Tony Bennett announced May 18 the additions of center...
Jeff White: Vandross Eager to Contribute in New Role
M. Basketball | 5/2/2018
Ron Sanchez's departure created a vacancy on the UVA staff that Tony Bennett filled by promoting ...
UVA Sweeps Top VaSID Honors
M. Basketball | 4/20/2018
Tony Bennett (coach), Kyle Guy (player) and De'Andre Hunter (rookie) earned top VaSID University...
Bennett Promotes Williford and Vandross
M. Basketball | 4/17/2018
Jason Williford has been promoted to associate head coach and Orlando Vandross has been elevated ...
ACC Opponents Announced for 2018-19
M. Basketball | 4/10/2018
The ACC announced Tuesday (April 10) the men's basketball league opponents for all 15...
Bennett Adds Another Coach of the Year Award
M. Basketball | 4/1/2018
Virginia’s Tony Bennett was named the 2018 NABC Division I Coach of the Year, announced...
Bennett Earns Naismith Coach of the Year Award
M. Basketball | 04/01/2018
Virginia's Tony Bennett was named the 2018 Werner Ladder Naismith Men's College Coach of the Year...
Bennett Named AP Coach of the Year
M. Basketball | 03/29/2018
Virginia's Tony Bennett was named the Associated Press (AP) Men's College Basketball Coach of the...
- Online Stores