Feb. 16, 2013
February 16, 2013
North Carolina 93, Virginia 81
- Virginia (18-7, 8-4 ACC) is now 6-65 all-time vs. North Carolina in Chapel Hill.
- Virginia allowed a season-high 93 points in the loss.
- The 93 points allowed by Virginia were the most since allowing 106 to Washington (11/22/10).
- The 93 points allowed were the most in ACC action during the Tony Bennett era at Virginia.
- Virginia was tied at the half (40-40) for the first time this season.
- The 40 first half points and 53 second half points by North Carolina marked season-highs against Virginia.
- The Cavaliers made a season-high 12 3-pointers and shot 50 percent or better from beyond the arc for the seventh time.
- Joe Harris led UVA with a career-high 27 points, his fourth consecutive 20-point effort and fifth in the last six games.
- Harris has made at least one 3-pointer in 15 consecutive games.
- Jontel Evans had a season-high 12 points.
- Evans matched a career-high with six turnovers.
- Evans (5 assists) moved into ninth on Virginia's career assists list with 373.
- Akil Mitchell led Virginia in rebounding (9) for the 18th time.
Conte's Impact Continues to GrowFootball9/28/16In his second year as a Virginia starter, graduate student Nicholas Conte (44.2-yard average) ranks among the nation's top punters.Spirit of '76 Unites Basketball FamilyMen's Basketball9/27/16At the Virginia men's basketball reunion, the spotlight was on the 1975-76 team and the legacy of former head coach Terry Holland.'Hoos Savor Long-Awaited BreakthroughFootball9/25/16The 'Hoos picked up their first victory of the season -- also their first under head coach Bronco Mendenhall -- Saturday at Scott Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Spirit of '76 Unites Basketball Family
M. Basketball | 9/27/2016
At the Virginia men's basketball reunion, the spotlight was on the 1975-76 team and the legacy of...
Blue-White Scrimmage & Meet the Teams Day Set For Oct. 23
M. Basketball | 9/21/2016
The UVA men’s team will hold its second annual Pepsi Blue-White intrasquad scrimmage at 3 p...
Jeff White: Non-Conference Challenges Await 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 9/13/2016
Virginia's 2016-17 men's basketball schedule includes non-conference games against such opponents...
ACC Releases Virginia's 2016-17 Men's Basketball Schedule
M. Basketball | 9/12/2016
The Atlantic Coast Conference released the 2016-17 men’s basketball schedules for its...
Jeff White: Spanish Journey Strengthens Cavaliers' Bond
M. Basketball | 8/20/2016
Head coach Tony Bennett's team came together on and off the court during its 10-day tour of Spain...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Heading Home On High Note
M. Basketball | 8/17/2016
On the final night of its 10-day tour of Spain, Virginia routed the Sant Julià All-Stars...
UVA Finishes Spain Tour Unbeaten at 5-0
M. Basketball | 08/17/2016
The Virginia men's basketball team recorded a pair of wins over the Sant Julià All-Stars...
Jeff White: Hall Eager To Take On Larger Role
M. Basketball | 08/16/2016
Devon Hall, who earned his bachelor's degree this summer, has two seasons of eligibility...
- Online Stores