Feb. 16, 2013
February 16, 2013
North Carolina 93, Virginia 81
- Virginia (18-7, 8-4 ACC) is now 6-65 all-time vs. North Carolina in Chapel Hill.
- Virginia allowed a season-high 93 points in the loss.
- The 93 points allowed by Virginia were the most since allowing 106 to Washington (11/22/10).
- The 93 points allowed were the most in ACC action during the Tony Bennett era at Virginia.
- Virginia was tied at the half (40-40) for the first time this season.
- The 40 first half points and 53 second half points by North Carolina marked season-highs against Virginia.
- The Cavaliers made a season-high 12 3-pointers and shot 50 percent or better from beyond the arc for the seventh time.
- Joe Harris led UVA with a career-high 27 points, his fourth consecutive 20-point effort and fifth in the last six games.
- Harris has made at least one 3-pointer in 15 consecutive games.
- Jontel Evans had a season-high 12 points.
- Evans matched a career-high with six turnovers.
- Evans (5 assists) moved into ninth on Virginia's career assists list with 373.
- Akil Mitchell led Virginia in rebounding (9) for the 18th time.
Lynch Makes Timely Return to MoundBaseball5/28/16In his first appearance since April 13, freshman Daniel Lynch retired all four batters he faced Friday in Virginia's ACC tournament loss to Wake Forest.Transfers Eager to Help Lift ProgramFootball5/26/16UVA's football team added three transfers this spring: quarterback Kurt Benkert, offensive guard Jared Cohen and defensive end Jack Powers.Cavaliers' Reign Atop NCAA ContinuesMen's Tennis5/25/16With a 4-1 win over Oklahoma on Tuesday night, top-seeded Virginia captured its second straight NCAA men's title and third in four seasons.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia to Host Ohio State in 2016 ACC/Big Ten Challenge
M. Basketball | 5/24/2016
Virginia will host Ohio State in the 18th ACC/Big Ten Challenge on Wednesday, Nov. 30. This year'...
Jeff White: Checking In With Justin Anderson
M. Basketball | 5/18/2016
Former UVA star Justin Anderson, who recently completed his rookie season with the NBA's Mavs,...
Malcolm Brogdon and Leah Smith UVA's Top Athletes
M. Basketball | 5/4/2016
Malcolm Brogdon (men's basketball) and Leah Smith (women's swimming) were honored as Virginia's...
Bennett, Brogdon and Gill Honored by VaSID
M. Basketball | 4/22/2016
Virginia's Tony Bennett, Malcolm Brogdon (Atlanta, Ga.) and Anthony Gill (High Point, N.C.) were ...
Brogdon Adds Senior CLASS First-Team Honor
M. Basketball | 4/1/2016
Virginia's Malcolm Brogdon (Atlanta, Ga.) was named to the 2015-16 Senior CLASS All-America first...
Brogdon Named NABC Defensive Player of the Year
M. Basketball | 3/31/2016
Virginia guard Malcolm Brogdon (Atlanta, Ga.), a consensus first-team All-American, has been...
Gill To Compete in Reese's College All-Star Game
M. Basketball | 03/29/2016
Virginia senior forward Anthony Gill (High Point, Va.) has been selected by the National...
Brogdon Named AP First-Team All-American
M. Basketball | 03/29/2016
Virginia senior guard Malcolm Brogdon (Atlanta, Ga.) was named first-team All-American by the...
- Online Stores