Feb. 18, 2017
Virginia Game Notes
No. 10 North Carolina 65, No. 14 Virginia 41
Saturday, Feb. 18, 2017
• UVA (18-8, 8-6 ACC) has lost three straight games in a season for the first time since January of 2011 (North Carolina, No. 1 Duke & Boston College)
• Virginia is 3-5 vs. ranked opponents
• The Cavaliers are 53-131 all-time vs. Carolina, including a 7-66 mark in Chapel Hill
• UVA trailed by 12 points at halftime (34-22), tying for its largest halftime deficit of the season (36-24 vs. Ohio State)
• UVA trailed by 27 points (63-36) at 3:35 in the second half, its largest deficit of the season (32-16 vs. Ohio State)
• The 24-point loss was UVA's largest this season and worst since its 35-point loss at Tennessee on Dec. 30, 2013
• UVA's 41 points, 15 field goals and 27.8 percent field goal shooting marked season lows for the Cavaliers
• London Perrantes made his 126th career start and moved into sole possession of fifth place in program history
• Perrantes (12 points) reached double figures for the sixth straight game
• Marial Shayok led UVA with 13 points, reaching double figures for the 13 th time this season
• Mamadi Diakite has blocked three shots in each of the last three games and has two or more blocked shots in four straight games
'Hoos Rue Missed OpportunityFootball11/18/17On an afternoon when Kurt Benkert threw four touchdown passes, Virginia twice built 14-point leads before falling 44-28 to No. 2 Miami at Hard Rock Stadium.Cavalier Football Notebook -- Miami WeekFootball11/16/17Two regular-season games remain for Virginia (6-4 overall, 3-3 ACC), which plays No. 2 Miami (9-0, 6-0) at noon Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.Torres Makes Most of Learning OpportunityWomen's Soccer11/15/17Freshman Taryn Torres has scored a team-high eight goals for Virginia, which meets Pepperdine in the NCAA tourney's second round Friday night in Los Angeles.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Hunter's 23 points lifts Virginia past Monmouth 75-53
M. Basketball | 11/19/2017
Behind a pace-setting, 23 point, eight-rebound performance by redshirt-freshman Deandre Hunter, ...
Virginia Entertains Monmouth on Sunday
M. Basketball | 11/18/2017
Virginia (3-0) hosts Monmouth (2-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Sunday (No...
Guy's 29 lead Virginia past VCU, 76-67
M. Basketball | 11/17/2017
Kyle Guy scored 29 points and hit two 3-pointers in the final three minutes Friday, leading...
Virginia Plays at VCU Friday
M. Basketball | 11/16/2017
Virginia meets VCU for the first time since posting a 74-57 win over the Rams during the 2014-15 ...
Jeff White: Redshirt Freshmen Impress in Emphatic Win
M. Basketball | 11/14/2017
Jay Huff and De'Andre Hunter combined for 29 points Monday night in Virginia's 93-49 victory over...
Huff Shines in Debut as Virginia Rolls Austin Peay, 93-49
M. Basketball | 11/13/2017
Four players scored in double-figures for Virginia as the Cavaliers defeated Austin Peay 93-49 on...
Virginia Hosts Austin Peay on Monday Night
M. Basketball | 11/12/2017
Virginia (1-0) hosts Austin Peay (0-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Monday ...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Grind Out Win in Opener
M. Basketball | 11/10/2017
For the second straight year, UVA opened the season with a win over UNC Greensboro. This one was ...
- Online Stores