Feb. 25, 2017
Virginia Game Notes
No. 18 Virginia 70, NC State 55
Saturday, Feb. 25
- UVA (19-9, 9-7 ACC) snapped its longest losing streak (4 games) since 2010
- The Cavaliers have a five-game winning streak vs. NC State and are 10-0 in their last 10 regular-season games against the Wolfpack
- UVA is 7-5 in true road games, including a 5-4 mark in ACC away contests
- UVA has a nine-game winning streak at PNC Arena
- UVA went on a 15-0 scoring run in the first half, its largest since a 15-0 run at Boston College on Jan 18
- UVA shot 50 percent (12-24) in the first half, marking its best half of shooting since 59.1 percent in the second half vs. Louisville on Feb. 6
- UVA shot a season-high 68.8 percent from 3-point range
- UVA improved to 93-6 when scoring 70 or more points under Tony Bennett
- London Perrantes had his third career double-double with 16 points and 10 assists
- Devon Hall had a career-high 18 points and matched a career best with nine rebounds
- Kyle Guy had an ACC high of 19 points
- Guy tied his career high with five 3-pointers
- Perrantes made his 128th career start, tying his for first all-time with Joe Harris (2011-14), Ralph Sampson (1980-83) and Bryant Stith (1989-92)
- Perrantes ranks seventh all-time with 104 career wins in UVA games played career
- Perrantes tied Sammy Zeglinski (2008-12) for sixth all-time at UVA with 197 career 3-pointers
- Perrantes passed Devin Smith (2003-05) for 41st on UVA all-time scoring list with 1,132 career points
- Ty Jerome made his first career start and had a career-best four steals
- Isaiah Wilkins’ (illness) 44-game consecutive starts streak ended
- Darius Thompson (illness) dressed but did not play
'Hoos Rue Missed OpportunityFootball11/18/17On an afternoon when Kurt Benkert threw four touchdown passes, Virginia twice built 14-point leads before falling 44-28 to No. 2 Miami at Hard Rock Stadium.Cavalier Football Notebook -- Miami WeekFootball11/16/17Two regular-season games remain for Virginia (6-4 overall, 3-3 ACC), which plays No. 2 Miami (9-0, 6-0) at noon Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.Torres Makes Most of Learning OpportunityWomen's Soccer11/15/17Freshman Taryn Torres has scored a team-high eight goals for Virginia, which meets Pepperdine in the NCAA tourney's second round Friday night in Los Angeles.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Hunter's 23 points lifts Virginia past Monmouth 75-53
M. Basketball | 11/19/2017
Behind a pace-setting, 23 point, eight-rebound performance by redshirt-freshman Deandre Hunter, ...
Virginia Entertains Monmouth on Sunday
M. Basketball | 11/18/2017
Virginia (3-0) hosts Monmouth (2-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Sunday (No...
Guy's 29 lead Virginia past VCU, 76-67
M. Basketball | 11/17/2017
Kyle Guy scored 29 points and hit two 3-pointers in the final three minutes Friday, leading...
Virginia Plays at VCU Friday
M. Basketball | 11/16/2017
Virginia meets VCU for the first time since posting a 74-57 win over the Rams during the 2014-15 ...
Jeff White: Redshirt Freshmen Impress in Emphatic Win
M. Basketball | 11/14/2017
Jay Huff and De'Andre Hunter combined for 29 points Monday night in Virginia's 93-49 victory over...
Huff Shines in Debut as Virginia Rolls Austin Peay, 93-49
M. Basketball | 11/13/2017
Four players scored in double-figures for Virginia as the Cavaliers defeated Austin Peay 93-49 on...
Virginia Hosts Austin Peay on Monday Night
M. Basketball | 11/12/2017
Virginia (1-0) hosts Austin Peay (0-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Monday ...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Grind Out Win in Opener
M. Basketball | 11/10/2017
For the second straight year, UVA opened the season with a win over UNC Greensboro. This one was ...
- Online Stores