Feb. 25, 2017
Virginia Game Notes
No. 18 Virginia 70, NC State 55
Saturday, Feb. 25
- UVA (19-9, 9-7 ACC) snapped its longest losing streak (4 games) since 2010
- The Cavaliers have a five-game winning streak vs. NC State and are 10-0 in their last 10 regular-season games against the Wolfpack
- UVA is 7-5 in true road games, including a 5-4 mark in ACC away contests
- UVA has a nine-game winning streak at PNC Arena
- UVA went on a 15-0 scoring run in the first half, its largest since a 15-0 run at Boston College on Jan 18
- UVA shot 50 percent (12-24) in the first half, marking its best half of shooting since 59.1 percent in the second half vs. Louisville on Feb. 6
- UVA shot a season-high 68.8 percent from 3-point range
- UVA improved to 93-6 when scoring 70 or more points under Tony Bennett
- London Perrantes had his third career double-double with 16 points and 10 assists
- Devon Hall had a career-high 18 points and matched a career best with nine rebounds
- Kyle Guy had an ACC high of 19 points
- Guy tied his career high with five 3-pointers
- Perrantes made his 128th career start, tying his for first all-time with Joe Harris (2011-14), Ralph Sampson (1980-83) and Bryant Stith (1989-92)
- Perrantes ranks seventh all-time with 104 career wins in UVA games played career
- Perrantes tied Sammy Zeglinski (2008-12) for sixth all-time at UVA with 197 career 3-pointers
- Perrantes passed Devin Smith (2003-05) for 41st on UVA all-time scoring list with 1,132 career points
- Ty Jerome made his first career start and had a career-best four steals
- Isaiah Wilkins’ (illness) 44-game consecutive starts streak ended
- Darius Thompson (illness) dressed but did not play
NCAA Quest Begins for Iceland NativeTrack & Field, Cross Country5/24/18A three-time ACC champion in the hammer throw, Virginia junior Hilmar Jonsson competes Thursday at the NCAA East Preliminary meet in Tampa, Fla.Lynch Shines Again in His Season FinaleBaseball5/23/18In what was probably his final appearance for UVA, junior left-hander Daniel Lynch struck out seven Tuesday against Florida State in the ACC tournament.UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Men’s Basketball Adds Caffaro and Key
M. Basketball | 5/18/2018
Virginia men's head basketball coach Tony Bennett announced May 18 the additions of center...
Jeff White: Vandross Eager to Contribute in New Role
M. Basketball | 5/2/2018
Ron Sanchez's departure created a vacancy on the UVA staff that Tony Bennett filled by promoting ...
UVA Sweeps Top VaSID Honors
M. Basketball | 4/20/2018
Tony Bennett (coach), Kyle Guy (player) and De'Andre Hunter (rookie) earned top VaSID University...
Bennett Promotes Williford and Vandross
M. Basketball | 4/17/2018
Jason Williford has been promoted to associate head coach and Orlando Vandross has been elevated ...
ACC Opponents Announced for 2018-19
M. Basketball | 4/10/2018
The ACC announced Tuesday (April 10) the men's basketball league opponents for all 15...
Bennett Adds Another Coach of the Year Award
M. Basketball | 4/1/2018
Virginia’s Tony Bennett was named the 2018 NABC Division I Coach of the Year, announced...
Bennett Earns Naismith Coach of the Year Award
M. Basketball | 04/01/2018
Virginia's Tony Bennett was named the 2018 Werner Ladder Naismith Men's College Coach of the Year...
Bennett Named AP Coach of the Year
M. Basketball | 03/29/2018
Virginia's Tony Bennett was named the Associated Press (AP) Men's College Basketball Coach of the...
- Online Stores