Feb. 25, 2017
Virginia Game Notes
No. 18 Virginia 70, NC State 55
Saturday, Feb. 25
- UVA (19-9, 9-7 ACC) snapped its longest losing streak (4 games) since 2010
- The Cavaliers have a five-game winning streak vs. NC State and are 10-0 in their last 10 regular-season games against the Wolfpack
- UVA is 7-5 in true road games, including a 5-4 mark in ACC away contests
- UVA has a nine-game winning streak at PNC Arena
- UVA went on a 15-0 scoring run in the first half, its largest since a 15-0 run at Boston College on Jan 18
- UVA shot 50 percent (12-24) in the first half, marking its best half of shooting since 59.1 percent in the second half vs. Louisville on Feb. 6
- UVA shot a season-high 68.8 percent from 3-point range
- UVA improved to 93-6 when scoring 70 or more points under Tony Bennett
- London Perrantes had his third career double-double with 16 points and 10 assists
- Devon Hall had a career-high 18 points and matched a career best with nine rebounds
- Kyle Guy had an ACC high of 19 points
- Guy tied his career high with five 3-pointers
- Perrantes made his 128th career start, tying his for first all-time with Joe Harris (2011-14), Ralph Sampson (1980-83) and Bryant Stith (1989-92)
- Perrantes ranks seventh all-time with 104 career wins in UVA games played career
- Perrantes tied Sammy Zeglinski (2008-12) for sixth all-time at UVA with 197 career 3-pointers
- Perrantes passed Devin Smith (2003-05) for 41st on UVA all-time scoring list with 1,132 career points
- Ty Jerome made his first career start and had a career-best four steals
- Isaiah Wilkins’ (illness) 44-game consecutive starts streak ended
- Darius Thompson (illness) dressed but did not play
1992-93 Cavaliers Step Back Into SpotlightWomen's Basketball1/20/18The 1992-93 Virginia women's basketball team will be honored Sunday at John Paul Jones Arena as part of National Girls and Women in Sports Day.'Hoos Make Themselves at Home in AtlantaMen's Basketball1/19/18No. 2 Virginia, which plays Sunday at Wake Forest, stretched its winning streak to nine games with a victory over Georgia Tech in Atlanta on Thursday night.Tyson Finds Perfect Fit at UVAWomen's Squash1/18/18Annie Tyson, who also starred in lacrosse in high school, is one of the leaders of the UVA women's squash team.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Guy, No. 2 Virginia pull away to beat Wake 59-49
M. Basketball | 1/21/2018
Kyle Guy scored 17 points, and No. 2 Virginia beat Wake Forest 59-49 on Sunday night for its 10th...
No. 2 UVA Plays at Wake Forest Sunday
M. Basketball | 1/20/2018
No. 2 Virginia (17-1, 6-0 ACC) continues ACC men’s basketball game at Wake Forest (8-10, 1-...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Make Themselves at Home in Atlanta
M. Basketball | 1/19/2018
No. 2 Virginia, which plays Sunday at Wake Forest, stretched its winning streak to nine games...
Hunter scores 17 points, No. 2 Virginia beats Ga Tech 64-48
M. Basketball | 1/18/2018
De'Andre Hunter scored 17 points and No. 2 Virginia won its ninth straight game, 64-48 over...
No. 2 Virginia Travels to Georgia Tech Thursday
M. Basketball | 1/17/2018
No. 2 Virginia (16-1, 5-0 ACC) hits the road for a game an ACC men’s basketball game at...
Jeff White: No. 3 Cavaliers Keep Rolling at JPJ
M. Basketball | 1/15/2018
No. 3 Virginia remained atop the ACC standings with a 68-51 victory over NC State at John Paul...
Hall's 25 lead No. 3 Virginia past NC State 68-51
M. Basketball | 01/14/2018
Devon Hall scored a career-best 25 points and No. 3 Virginia pushed its winning streak to eight ...
No. 3 Virginia Hosts NC State Sunday
M. Basketball | 01/12/2018
No. 3 Virginia (15-1, 4-0 ACC) hosts NC State (12-5, 2-2 ACC) in ACC men’s basketball...
- Online Stores