Feb. 27, 2017
Virginia Game Notes
No. 23 Virginia 53, No. 5 North Carolina 43
Monday, February 27, 2017
• Virginia is 54-131 all-time against North Carolina, including 34-44 in
Charlottesville, and has won four of the last five regular-season meetings
• UVA has won four straight games against UNC at John Paul Jones Arena
• UVA is 149-40 in 11 seasons at JPJ, including 111-24 under Tony Bennett and 76-9 over the past five seasons
• UVA is 40-4 in ACC home games over the last five seasons
• UVA is 63-2 when holding opponents to fewer than 50 points under Tony Bennett
• Virginia recorded its sixth consecutive 20-win season
• UVA has posted its eighth-consecutive season with 11 or more home wins • UVA has recorded five straight seasons of 10 or more ACC wins
• UNC’s 21 second-half point matched the fewest scored by the Tar Heels in any half this season (21 in first half at Miami)
• Virginia blocked eight shots, matching a season high
• UVA committed a season-low four turnovers (five vs. Iowa, Boston College)
• UNC scored its fewest points in Roy Williams’ 14 years as head coach (45 at Syracuse, 1/11/14)
• It also marked UNC’s fewest points since 1979
• UVA held UNC to half its season points average (86.4) and to 19 points fewer than its previous low (62 at Miami)
• UVA forced 12 first-half turnovers, scoring 18 points off them
• UVA held Justin Jackson to seven points, matching his season low
• London Perrantes made his 129th career start, becoming the all-time
leader in program history
• Kyle Guy scored in double figures for the 10th time this season and the fifth in ACC play
• Guy hit five three-pointers for the second straight game, matching his season high (Grambling, NC State)
• Guy also recorded season highs in rebounds (6) and assists (4)
• Devon Hall matched his season high in shots (14 at home vs. Virginia Tech)
• Jack Salt played 25 minutes, his most since 35 against Georgia Tech
• With 15 points, Devon Hall scored in double figures in ACC play for the 12th time, including third straight
Cavalier Tennis Programs Joining ForcesMen's Tennis6/21/17UVA's new head tennis coaches -- Andres Pedroso for the men and Sara O'Leary for the women -- want their programs to work closely together.Catching Up With Cherie Greer BrownWomen's Lacrosse6/19/17A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time first-team All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks among the finest players in lacrosse history.European Trip Strengthens Team's BondsWomen's Soccer6/14/17The Virginia women's soccer team recently returned from a trip to Europe, where the Cavaliers played two games in France and one in Germany.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia to Host Wisconsin in 2017 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
M. Basketball | 6/8/2017
The Cavaliers and Badgers meet for the third time in the Challenge and fifth time overall. UVA is...
Jeff White: Cavalier Men's Basketball Notebook
M. Basketball | 5/16/2017
The Cavaliers are heading into their ninth season under head coach Tony Bennett, who has led them...
UVA Men’s Basketball Signs Badocchi to NLI
M. Basketball | 5/11/2017
The Virginia men's basketball program signed forward Francesco Badocchi (Milan, Italy) to a...
Huff to Tour Czech Republic and Poland with AIA
M. Basketball | 5/4/2017
Virginia redshirt freshman Jay Huff (Durham, N.C.) will embark on a 13-day competitive basketball...
Perrantes Named VaSID All-State First Team
M. Basketball | 4/20/2017
Virginia’s London Perrantes (Los Angeles) was honored by the Virginia Sports Information...
Perrantes To Compete in Reese's College All-Star Game
M. Basketball | 3/28/2017
London Perrantes has been selected by the NABC to play in the 2017 Reese's Division I College All...
Thompson Departing Virginia Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 03/23/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced March 23 that redshirt junior guard...
Shayok and Reuter Leaving UVA Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 03/22/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced Wednesday (March 22) that junior...
- Online Stores