Feb. 27, 2017
Virginia Game Notes
No. 23 Virginia 53, No. 5 North Carolina 43
Monday, February 27, 2017
• Virginia is 54-131 all-time against North Carolina, including 34-44 in
Charlottesville, and has won four of the last five regular-season meetings
• UVA has won four straight games against UNC at John Paul Jones Arena
• UVA is 149-40 in 11 seasons at JPJ, including 111-24 under Tony Bennett and 76-9 over the past five seasons
• UVA is 40-4 in ACC home games over the last five seasons
• UVA is 63-2 when holding opponents to fewer than 50 points under Tony Bennett
• Virginia recorded its sixth consecutive 20-win season
• UVA has posted its eighth-consecutive season with 11 or more home wins • UVA has recorded five straight seasons of 10 or more ACC wins
• UNC’s 21 second-half point matched the fewest scored by the Tar Heels in any half this season (21 in first half at Miami)
• Virginia blocked eight shots, matching a season high
• UVA committed a season-low four turnovers (five vs. Iowa, Boston College)
• UNC scored its fewest points in Roy Williams’ 14 years as head coach (45 at Syracuse, 1/11/14)
• It also marked UNC’s fewest points since 1979
• UVA held UNC to half its season points average (86.4) and to 19 points fewer than its previous low (62 at Miami)
• UVA forced 12 first-half turnovers, scoring 18 points off them
• UVA held Justin Jackson to seven points, matching his season low
• London Perrantes made his 129th career start, becoming the all-time
leader in program history
• Kyle Guy scored in double figures for the 10th time this season and the fifth in ACC play
• Guy hit five three-pointers for the second straight game, matching his season high (Grambling, NC State)
• Guy also recorded season highs in rebounds (6) and assists (4)
• Devon Hall matched his season high in shots (14 at home vs. Virginia Tech)
• Jack Salt played 25 minutes, his most since 35 against Georgia Tech
• With 15 points, Devon Hall scored in double figures in ACC play for the 12th time, including third straight
Mueller Shining for Surging CavaliersWomen's Lacrosse3/29/17Freshman midfielder Sammy Mueller is the second-leading scorer for No. 15 Virginia, which hosts Oregon on Wednesday night at Klöckner Stadium.Cook Ready To Make Up For Lost TimeFootball3/27/17After missing last season with a heart condition, UVA outside linebacker Malcolm Cook has been cleared to play again.Offensive Line Looking to Raise Its GameFootball3/24/17Guard Jack McDonald and tackle Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia, which starts spring practice Tuesday.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Perrantes To Compete in Reese’s College All-Star Game
M. Basketball | 3/28/2017
London Perrantes has been selected by the NABC to play in the 2017 Reese's Division I College All...
Thompson Departing Virginia Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 3/23/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced March 23 that redshirt junior guard...
Shayok and Reuter Leaving UVA Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 3/22/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced Wednesday (March 22) that junior...
Perrantes Named to NABC All-District 2 Second Team
M. Basketball | 3/22/2017
Virginia senior point guard London Perrantes was named to the NABC All-District 2 second team,...
Jeff White: Successful Season Ends on Excruciating Note
M. Basketball | 3/19/2017
Virginia's fourth consecutive appearance in the NCAA tournament ended with a 65-39 second-round...
Virginia Falls to Florida 65-39 in Second Round of the NCAAs
M. Basketball | 3/18/2017
Devin Robinson had 14 points and 11 rebounds, the fifth double-double of his career, and No. 4 ...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Hoping For Another Lift From Thompson
M. Basketball | 03/18/2017
In his first start since Dec. 31, Darius Thompson played a team-high 34 minutes Thursday in...
No. 5 Seed UVA Battles No. 4 Seed Florida on Saturday
M. Basketball | 03/17/2017
No. 5 seed Virginia plays No. 4 seed Florida in the second round of the NCAA Tournament on Sat., ...
- Online Stores