March 1, 2013
• The win broke the Cavaliers’ eight-game losing streak against the Blue Devils
• The win was Virginia’s first against a top-5 opponent since an 87-84 win over No. 3 Duke on Feb. 28, 2002
• Virginia ended its 22-game losing streak against top-5 opponents
• Virginia won its 10th ACC game of the season, its most ACC wins since winning 11 in 2006-07
• Virginia has improved its ACC record in each of the last four seasons (5 wins in 2009-10, 7 wins in 2010-11, 9 wins in 2011-12 and 10 wins in 2012-13)
• The Cavaliers extended their home winning streak to 16 games (JPJA record), their longest home winning streak since the school-record 34 game home winning streak (1980-83)
• Virginia’s 17 home wins this season (17-1) are a school record, breaking the previous mark of 16 set in 2006-07 (first year of JPJA, 16-1)
• Virginia improved to 35-3 when scoring at least 70 points in the Bennett era
• Duke became the last ACC team to lose to Virginia in the Bennett era
• Joe Harris (36 pts) had the first 30-point game by a Cavalier this season, first since Mike Scott (35 pts) at Maryland on Mar. 4, 2012
• Harris’ 36 points are the most by a Cavalier since Sean Singletary scored 41 points at Miami (Mar. 1, 2008)
• Harris’ 36 points are the most by an ACC player this season
• Harris’ 36 points are the most by a Duke opponent since Florida State’s Al Thornton scored 37 at Cameron Indoor Stadium on Feb. 4, 2006
• Harris had his ninth 20-point game of the season (six in ACC play)
• Harris scored in double figures for the 25th time this season
• Akil Mitchell (19 pts, 12 rebs) had his ninth double-double of the season (10th career double-double)
• Mitchell’s 19 points are an ACC career high
• Mitchell tied his ACC career high with 12 rebounds
• Mitchell scored in double figures for the 21st time this season
Career Records Watch
• Joe Harris moved into sixth place on Virginia’s all-time 3-pointer list with 180, passing John Crotty (179, 1988-91)
• Joe Harris (1,170 pts) moved into 35th place on Virginia’s all-time scoring lists, passing Paul Adkins (1,150, 1958-60), Olden Polynice (1,151, 1984-86) and Chip Conner (1,157, 1962-64)
Morse Making Seamless Transition at UVAWomen's Soccer10/26/16Midfielder Zoe Morse has played the most of any freshman for No. 8 Virginia, which closes the regular season Thursday night at Louisville.Ellis Thrilled to Back in CoachingWrestling10/24/16The newest member of the Virginia wrestling team's coaching staff is assistant Mark Ellis, who won an NCAA title as a heavyweight at Missouri.North Carolina PostscriptFootball10/23/16Virginia, which trailed 14-7 at halftime, lost 35-14 to No. 22 North Carolina in an ACC game Saturday at Scott Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Nichols Named to Malone Award Watch List
M. Basketball | 10/20/2016
Virginia’s Austin Nichols (Collierville, Tenn.) was one of 20 players named to the watch...
Jeff White: Media Day Notebook
M. Basketball | 10/18/2016
Virginia, which reached the Elite Eight in 2015-16, opens the season Nov. 11 against UNC...
Perrantes Named to Cousy Award Watch List
M. Basketball | 10/17/2016
Virginia’s London Perrantes (Los Angeles) was one of 20 players named to the watch list for...
Jeff White: Reuter Ready To Take On Larger Role
M. Basketball | 10/17/2016
A 6-7, 243-pound sophomore from Marion, Mass., Jarred Reuter is competing for a starting spot in ...
On-Sale Dates For Single-Game Tickets Announced
M. Basketball | 10/10/2016
The University of Virginia announced the on-sale dates for single-game tickets for men’s...
Jeff White: Spirit of '76 Unites Basketball Family
M. Basketball | 9/27/2016
At the Virginia men's basketball reunion, the spotlight was on the 1975-76 team and the legacy of...
Scrimmage & Meet the Teams Day Set For Sunday
M. Basketball | 09/21/2016
The UVA men's team will hold its second annual Pepsi Blue-White intrasquad scrimmage at 3 p.m.,...
Jeff White: Non-Conference Challenges Await 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 09/13/2016
Virginia's 2016-17 men's basketball schedule includes non-conference games against such opponents...
- Online Stores