March 1, 2013
• The win broke the Cavaliers’ eight-game losing streak against the Blue Devils
• The win was Virginia’s first against a top-5 opponent since an 87-84 win over No. 3 Duke on Feb. 28, 2002
• Virginia ended its 22-game losing streak against top-5 opponents
• Virginia won its 10th ACC game of the season, its most ACC wins since winning 11 in 2006-07
• Virginia has improved its ACC record in each of the last four seasons (5 wins in 2009-10, 7 wins in 2010-11, 9 wins in 2011-12 and 10 wins in 2012-13)
• The Cavaliers extended their home winning streak to 16 games (JPJA record), their longest home winning streak since the school-record 34 game home winning streak (1980-83)
• Virginia’s 17 home wins this season (17-1) are a school record, breaking the previous mark of 16 set in 2006-07 (first year of JPJA, 16-1)
• Virginia improved to 35-3 when scoring at least 70 points in the Bennett era
• Duke became the last ACC team to lose to Virginia in the Bennett era
• Joe Harris (36 pts) had the first 30-point game by a Cavalier this season, first since Mike Scott (35 pts) at Maryland on Mar. 4, 2012
• Harris’ 36 points are the most by a Cavalier since Sean Singletary scored 41 points at Miami (Mar. 1, 2008)
• Harris’ 36 points are the most by an ACC player this season
• Harris’ 36 points are the most by a Duke opponent since Florida State’s Al Thornton scored 37 at Cameron Indoor Stadium on Feb. 4, 2006
• Harris had his ninth 20-point game of the season (six in ACC play)
• Harris scored in double figures for the 25th time this season
• Akil Mitchell (19 pts, 12 rebs) had his ninth double-double of the season (10th career double-double)
• Mitchell’s 19 points are an ACC career high
• Mitchell tied his ACC career high with 12 rebounds
• Mitchell scored in double figures for the 21st time this season
Career Records Watch
• Joe Harris moved into sixth place on Virginia’s all-time 3-pointer list with 180, passing John Crotty (179, 1988-91)
• Joe Harris (1,170 pts) moved into 35th place on Virginia’s all-time scoring lists, passing Paul Adkins (1,150, 1958-60), Olden Polynice (1,151, 1984-86) and Chip Conner (1,157, 1962-64)
Road Tests Await 'HoosMen's Basketball1/22/17No. 16 UVA, which beat Georgia Tech at JPJ on Saturday, is on the road Tuesday against No. 15 Notre Dame and next Sunday against No. 1 Villanova.Perseverance Paying Off for SchanyWrestling1/21/17Redshirt sophomore Will Schany is the starting 184-pounder for No. 25 Virginia, which meets No. 6 Virginia Tech at 4 p.m. Sunday in Blacksburg.Selflessness Marks Cavaliers' Latest WinMen's Basketball1/19/17In its latest road victory, a 71-54 conquest of Boston College, No. 16 Virginia recorded assists on 22 of its 27 field goals Wednesday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 14 Notre Dame Next For No. 12 UVA
M. Basketball | 1/23/2017
No. 12 Virginia (15-3, 5-2 ACC) plays at No. 14 Notre Dame (17-3, 6-1 ACC) on Tuesday, Jan. 24 at...
Jeff White: Stern Tests Await 'Hoos on Road
M. Basketball | 1/22/2017
No. 16 UVA, which beat Georgia Tech at JPJ on Saturday, plays Tuesday night at No. 15 Notre Dame ...
No. 16 Virginia tops Georgia Tech 62-49
M. Basketball | 1/21/2017
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) Marial Shayok scored a career-best 19 points and No. 16 Virginia used a...
No. 16 Virginia Hosts Georgia Tech on Saturday
M. Basketball | 1/20/2017
No. 16 Virginia (14-3, 4-2 ACC) hosts Georgia Tech (11-7, 3-3 ACC) in ACC men’s basketball ...
Jeff White: Selflessness Marks Cavaliers' Latest Win
M. Basketball | 1/19/2017
In its latest road victory, a 71-54 conquest of Boston College, No. 16 Virginia recorded assists ...
No. 16 UVA Cruises to 71-54 Win Over Boston College
M. Basketball | 1/18/2017
Devon Hall scored 13 points and Isaiah Wilkins had 11 points and nine rebounds before heading...
No. 16 Cavaliers Play at BC on Wednesday
M. Basketball | 01/17/2017
No. 16 Virginia (13-3, 3-2 ACC) travels to Boston College (9-9, 2-3 ACC) for an ACC men’s...
Jeff Jones Declared Academically Ineligible
M. Basketball | 01/17/2017
Virginia senior forward Jeff Jones has been declared academically ineligible for the spring...
- Online Stores