March 9, 2017
Virginia Game Notes
No. 6 Seed Virginia 75, No. 14 Seed Pitt 63
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
ACC Tournament Notes
• Virginia is 38-61 all-time in the ACC Tournament, including 8-6 in eight seasons under Tony Bennett
• Virginia reached the quarterfinals for the sixth straight season
• UVA plays No. 3 seed Notre Dame Thursday night in the quarters, marking the teams’ first-ever matchup in the ACC Tournament
• Virginia is 13-4 all-time against Pitt, including 6-1 as ACC members and 2-0 in ACC tournament matchups
• Virginia won its 22nd game of the season and has won 22 or more games in six straight seasons, a program record
• UVA’s 75 points marked the Cavaliers’ most in regulation since a 77-73 win over Clemson on Jan. 14
• Virginia went 11-for-22 from 3-point range, reaching double figures in made 3-pointers for the fourth straight game (UVA also was 11-for-22 from three last Saturday against Pitt)
• UVA is 6-1 this year when making 10 or more 3-pointers
• UVA’s bench outscored Pitt’s reserves, 23-0, marking the second time this year an opposing team’s bench did not score against UVA (Providence)
• UVA’s bench has outscored the opposing team’s bench 23 times this year
• Virginia is 94-6 when holding its opponent under 70 points during the Tony Bennett era
• UVA is 17-2 this year when out-rebounding its opponent
• Ten Virginia players saw playing time, with each getting at least seven minutes
• Virginia held Pitt without a field goal for the final 7:30 of the first half.
• London Perrantes made his 131st career start, tops all time in program history
• Perrantes recorded his 107th career win, tied for fifth in program history
• With 14 points tonight, Perrantes moved up two spots into 36th in scoring in program history (1,181 points)
• Kyle Guy matched his career high with 20 points, set on Nov. 22 against Grambling
• Guy scored in double figures for the 11th time this season and the sixth against an ACC opponent
• Ty Jerome recorded a career-high seven rebounds
• Jerome scored 11 points, his fourth double-figure game of the year, with two coming against Pitt
Cavaliers Looking to Build MomentumWomen's Basketball11/22/17Virginia (2-3) will play twice this weekend in the Cavalier Classic at John Paul Jones Arena: Saturday against Harvard and Sunday against Duquesne.'Hoos Eager to Seize Opportunity Friday NightFootball11/21/17At 8 p.m. Friday, in the annual battle for the Commonwealth Clash, UVA (6-5 overall, 3-4 ACC) meets Virginia Tech (8-3, 4-3) at Scott Stadium.Hunter Dazzles as 'Hoos Stay UnbeatenMen's Basketball11/19/17Behind a career-high 23 points from redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter, unbeaten Virginia defeated Monmouth 73-53 on Sunday at JPJ.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia-Vanderbilt Clash on Thanksgiving Day
M. Basketball | 11/21/2017
Virginia (4-0) meets Vanderbilt in the semifinals of the NIT Season Tip-Off on Thanksgiving Day (...
Jeff White: Hunter Dazzles as 'Hoos Stay Unbeaten
M. Basketball | 11/19/2017
Behind a career-high 23 points from redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter, Virginia defeated Monmouth...
Hunter's 23 points lifts Virginia past Monmouth 73-53
M. Basketball | 11/19/2017
Behind a pace-setting, 23 point, eight-rebound performance by redshirt-freshman Deandre Hunter, ...
Virginia Entertains Monmouth on Sunday
M. Basketball | 11/18/2017
Virginia (3-0) hosts Monmouth (2-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Sunday (No...
Guy's 29 lead Virginia past VCU, 76-67
M. Basketball | 11/17/2017
Kyle Guy scored 29 points and hit two 3-pointers in the final three minutes Friday, leading...
Virginia Plays at VCU Friday
M. Basketball | 11/16/2017
Virginia meets VCU for the first time since posting a 74-57 win over the Rams during the 2014-15 ...
Jeff White: Redshirt Freshmen Impress in Emphatic Win
M. Basketball | 11/14/2017
Jay Huff and De'Andre Hunter combined for 29 points Monday night in Virginia's 93-49 victory over...
Huff Shines in Debut as Virginia Rolls Austin Peay, 93-49
M. Basketball | 11/13/2017
Four players scored in double-figures for Virginia as the Cavaliers defeated Austin Peay 93-49 on...
- Online Stores