March 9, 2017
Virginia Game Notes
No. 6 Seed Virginia 75, No. 14 Seed Pitt 63
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
ACC Tournament Notes
• Virginia is 38-61 all-time in the ACC Tournament, including 8-6 in eight seasons under Tony Bennett
• Virginia reached the quarterfinals for the sixth straight season
• UVA plays No. 3 seed Notre Dame Thursday night in the quarters, marking the teams’ first-ever matchup in the ACC Tournament
• Virginia is 13-4 all-time against Pitt, including 6-1 as ACC members and 2-0 in ACC tournament matchups
• Virginia won its 22nd game of the season and has won 22 or more games in six straight seasons, a program record
• UVA’s 75 points marked the Cavaliers’ most in regulation since a 77-73 win over Clemson on Jan. 14
• Virginia went 11-for-22 from 3-point range, reaching double figures in made 3-pointers for the fourth straight game (UVA also was 11-for-22 from three last Saturday against Pitt)
• UVA is 6-1 this year when making 10 or more 3-pointers
• UVA’s bench outscored Pitt’s reserves, 23-0, marking the second time this year an opposing team’s bench did not score against UVA (Providence)
• UVA’s bench has outscored the opposing team’s bench 23 times this year
• Virginia is 94-6 when holding its opponent under 70 points during the Tony Bennett era
• UVA is 17-2 this year when out-rebounding its opponent
• Ten Virginia players saw playing time, with each getting at least seven minutes
• Virginia held Pitt without a field goal for the final 7:30 of the first half.
• London Perrantes made his 131st career start, tops all time in program history
• Perrantes recorded his 107th career win, tied for fifth in program history
• With 14 points tonight, Perrantes moved up two spots into 36th in scoring in program history (1,181 points)
• Kyle Guy matched his career high with 20 points, set on Nov. 22 against Grambling
• Guy scored in double figures for the 11th time this season and the sixth against an ACC opponent
• Ty Jerome recorded a career-high seven rebounds
• Jerome scored 11 points, his fourth double-figure game of the year, with two coming against Pitt
No. 1 Cavaliers Celebrate Latest FeatMen's Basketball2/24/18Three days after clinching the No. 1 seed in the ACC tournament, top-ranked Virginia secured the outright regular-season title with a win at Pitt.Cunningham Flying High With EaglesFootball2/23/18Former UVA offensive lineman Ian-Yates Cunningham is the Philadelphia Eagles' director of college scouting.No. 1 Cavaliers Reach Another MilestoneMen's Basketball2/22/18Top-ranked Virginia clinched the No. 1 seed in the ACC tournament Tuesday night with a hard-earned victory over Georgia Tech at John Paul Jones Arena.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: No. 1 Cavaliers Celebrate Latest Feat
M. Basketball | 2/24/2018
Three days after clinching the No. 1 seed in the ACC tournament, top-ranked Virginia secured the ...
No. 1 Virginia cruises past Pitt, secures outright ACC title
M. Basketball | 2/24/2018
No. 1 Virginia allowed just seven points in the first half and secured the regular-season...
No. 1 Virginia Travels to Pitt Saturday
M. Basketball | 2/23/2018
Top-ranked Virginia (25-2, 14-1 ACC) travels to Pitt on Saturday, Feb. 24. Tipoff at Petersen...
Jeff White: No. 1 Cavaliers Reach Another Milestone
M. Basketball | 2/22/2018
Top-ranked Virginia clinched the No. 1 seed in the ACC tournament Tuesday night with a hard-earne...
Jerome leads No. 1 Virginia past Georgia Tech, 65-54
M. Basketball | 2/21/2018
Ty Jerome scored 18 points and top-ranked Virginia held off depleted Georgia Tech 65-54 on...
Top-Ranked Virginia Hosts Georgia Tech Wednesday
M. Basketball | 2/20/2018
Top-ranked Virginia (24-2, 13-1 ACC) hosts Georgia Tech on Wednesday, Feb. 21. Tipoff at John...
Hunter Named Co-ACC Rookie of the Week
M. Basketball | 02/19/2018
Virginia redshirt freshman guard De'Andre Hunter has been voted the ACC Men's Basketball Co-Rooki...
Jeff White: Hard-Earned Break Next for No. 1 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 02/14/2018
No. 1 Virginia, which defeated ACC rival Miami 59-50 late Tuesday night in Coral Gables, Fla.,...
- Online Stores