March 9, 2017
Virginia Game Notes
No. 6 Seed Virginia 75, No. 14 Seed Pitt 63
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
ACC Tournament Notes
• Virginia is 38-61 all-time in the ACC Tournament, including 8-6 in eight seasons under Tony Bennett
• Virginia reached the quarterfinals for the sixth straight season
• UVA plays No. 3 seed Notre Dame Thursday night in the quarters, marking the teams’ first-ever matchup in the ACC Tournament
• Virginia is 13-4 all-time against Pitt, including 6-1 as ACC members and 2-0 in ACC tournament matchups
• Virginia won its 22nd game of the season and has won 22 or more games in six straight seasons, a program record
• UVA’s 75 points marked the Cavaliers’ most in regulation since a 77-73 win over Clemson on Jan. 14
• Virginia went 11-for-22 from 3-point range, reaching double figures in made 3-pointers for the fourth straight game (UVA also was 11-for-22 from three last Saturday against Pitt)
• UVA is 6-1 this year when making 10 or more 3-pointers
• UVA’s bench outscored Pitt’s reserves, 23-0, marking the second time this year an opposing team’s bench did not score against UVA (Providence)
• UVA’s bench has outscored the opposing team’s bench 23 times this year
• Virginia is 94-6 when holding its opponent under 70 points during the Tony Bennett era
• UVA is 17-2 this year when out-rebounding its opponent
• Ten Virginia players saw playing time, with each getting at least seven minutes
• Virginia held Pitt without a field goal for the final 7:30 of the first half.
• London Perrantes made his 131st career start, tops all time in program history
• Perrantes recorded his 107th career win, tied for fifth in program history
• With 14 points tonight, Perrantes moved up two spots into 36th in scoring in program history (1,181 points)
• Kyle Guy matched his career high with 20 points, set on Nov. 22 against Grambling
• Guy scored in double figures for the 11th time this season and the sixth against an ACC opponent
• Ty Jerome recorded a career-high seven rebounds
• Jerome scored 11 points, his fourth double-figure game of the year, with two coming against Pitt
Mueller Shining for Surging CavaliersWomen's Lacrosse3/29/17Freshman midfielder Sammy Mueller is the second-leading scorer for No. 15 Virginia, which hosts Oregon on Wednesday night at Klöckner Stadium.Cook Ready To Make Up For Lost TimeFootball3/27/17After missing last season with a heart condition, UVA outside linebacker Malcolm Cook has been cleared to play again.Offensive Line Looking to Raise Its GameFootball3/24/17Guard Jack McDonald and tackle Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia, which starts spring practice Tuesday.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Perrantes To Compete in Reese’s College All-Star Game
M. Basketball | 3/28/2017
London Perrantes has been selected by the NABC to play in the 2017 Reese's Division I College All...
Thompson Departing Virginia Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 3/23/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced March 23 that redshirt junior guard...
Shayok and Reuter Leaving UVA Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 3/22/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced Wednesday (March 22) that junior...
Perrantes Named to NABC All-District 2 Second Team
M. Basketball | 3/22/2017
Virginia senior point guard London Perrantes was named to the NABC All-District 2 second team,...
Jeff White: Successful Season Ends on Excruciating Note
M. Basketball | 3/19/2017
Virginia's fourth consecutive appearance in the NCAA tournament ended with a 65-39 second-round...
Virginia Falls to Florida 65-39 in Second Round of the NCAAs
M. Basketball | 3/18/2017
Devin Robinson had 14 points and 11 rebounds, the fifth double-double of his career, and No. 4 ...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Hoping For Another Lift From Thompson
M. Basketball | 03/18/2017
In his first start since Dec. 31, Darius Thompson played a team-high 34 minutes Thursday in...
No. 5 Seed UVA Battles No. 4 Seed Florida on Saturday
M. Basketball | 03/17/2017
No. 5 seed Virginia plays No. 4 seed Florida in the second round of the NCAA Tournament on Sat., ...
- Online Stores