March 9, 2017
Virginia Game Notes
No. 6 Seed Virginia 75, No. 14 Seed Pitt 63
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
ACC Tournament Notes
• Virginia is 38-61 all-time in the ACC Tournament, including 8-6 in eight seasons under Tony Bennett
• Virginia reached the quarterfinals for the sixth straight season
• UVA plays No. 3 seed Notre Dame Thursday night in the quarters, marking the teams’ first-ever matchup in the ACC Tournament
• Virginia is 13-4 all-time against Pitt, including 6-1 as ACC members and 2-0 in ACC tournament matchups
• Virginia won its 22nd game of the season and has won 22 or more games in six straight seasons, a program record
• UVA’s 75 points marked the Cavaliers’ most in regulation since a 77-73 win over Clemson on Jan. 14
• Virginia went 11-for-22 from 3-point range, reaching double figures in made 3-pointers for the fourth straight game (UVA also was 11-for-22 from three last Saturday against Pitt)
• UVA is 6-1 this year when making 10 or more 3-pointers
• UVA’s bench outscored Pitt’s reserves, 23-0, marking the second time this year an opposing team’s bench did not score against UVA (Providence)
• UVA’s bench has outscored the opposing team’s bench 23 times this year
• Virginia is 94-6 when holding its opponent under 70 points during the Tony Bennett era
• UVA is 17-2 this year when out-rebounding its opponent
• Ten Virginia players saw playing time, with each getting at least seven minutes
• Virginia held Pitt without a field goal for the final 7:30 of the first half.
• London Perrantes made his 131st career start, tops all time in program history
• Perrantes recorded his 107th career win, tied for fifth in program history
• With 14 points tonight, Perrantes moved up two spots into 36th in scoring in program history (1,181 points)
• Kyle Guy matched his career high with 20 points, set on Nov. 22 against Grambling
• Guy scored in double figures for the 11th time this season and the sixth against an ACC opponent
• Ty Jerome recorded a career-high seven rebounds
• Jerome scored 11 points, his fourth double-figure game of the year, with two coming against Pitt
'Hoos Make Statement With Resounding WinFootball9/23/17On the blue turf of Albertsons Stadium, where Boise State rarely loses, Virginia rolled a 42-23 victory Friday night in a game shown on ESPN2.Dreams Coming True for Opoku at UVAMen's Soccer9/22/17Edward Opoku, a native of Ghana, is the leading scorer for No. 9 Virginia, which hosts No. 7 North Carolina on Friday night at Klöckner Stadium.Reinkensmeyer Moves Center StageFootball9/19/17Redshirt freshman Dillon Reinkensmeyer will make his third start for Virginia -- his second at center -- at Boise State on Friday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Announces Times and TV Designations for Seven Games
M. Basketball | 9/18/2017
UVA home contests vs. UNC Greensboro (Nov. 10, 7 p.m.), Austin Peay (Nov. 13, 7 p.m.), Lehigh (De...
ACC Releases UVA's 2017-18 Men's Basketball Schedule
M. Basketball | 9/7/2017
Virginia will play 30 regular-season games, including 17 contests at John Paul Jones Arena.
Jeff White: Johnson Eager to Make Mark as Cavalier
M. Basketball | 8/23/2017
The addition of graduate student Nigel Johnson, who averaged 11.3 points for Rutgers last season,...
Jeff White: Newcomers Settling In At UVA
M. Basketball | 6/30/2017
Head coach Tony Bennett's scholarship players for 2017-18 include two freshmen: guard Marco...
Brogdon Named NBA Rookie of the Year
M. Basketball | 6/26/2017
Former Virginia two-time All-American and current Milwaukee Bucks guard Malcolm Brogdon was named...
Virginia to Host Wisconsin in 2017 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
M. Basketball | 6/8/2017
The Cavaliers and Badgers meet for the third time in the Challenge and fifth time overall. UVA is...
Jeff White: Cavalier Men's Basketball Notebook
M. Basketball | 05/16/2017
The Cavaliers are heading into their ninth season under head coach Tony Bennett, who has led them...
UVA Men’s Basketball Signs Badocchi to NLI
M. Basketball | 05/11/2017
The Virginia men's basketball program signed forward Francesco Badocchi (Milan, Italy) to a...
- Online Stores