March 9, 2017
Virginia Game Notes
No. 6 Seed Virginia 75, No. 14 Seed Pitt 63
Wednesday, March 8, 2017
ACC Tournament Notes
• Virginia is 38-61 all-time in the ACC Tournament, including 8-6 in eight seasons under Tony Bennett
• Virginia reached the quarterfinals for the sixth straight season
• UVA plays No. 3 seed Notre Dame Thursday night in the quarters, marking the teams’ first-ever matchup in the ACC Tournament
• Virginia is 13-4 all-time against Pitt, including 6-1 as ACC members and 2-0 in ACC tournament matchups
• Virginia won its 22nd game of the season and has won 22 or more games in six straight seasons, a program record
• UVA’s 75 points marked the Cavaliers’ most in regulation since a 77-73 win over Clemson on Jan. 14
• Virginia went 11-for-22 from 3-point range, reaching double figures in made 3-pointers for the fourth straight game (UVA also was 11-for-22 from three last Saturday against Pitt)
• UVA is 6-1 this year when making 10 or more 3-pointers
• UVA’s bench outscored Pitt’s reserves, 23-0, marking the second time this year an opposing team’s bench did not score against UVA (Providence)
• UVA’s bench has outscored the opposing team’s bench 23 times this year
• Virginia is 94-6 when holding its opponent under 70 points during the Tony Bennett era
• UVA is 17-2 this year when out-rebounding its opponent
• Ten Virginia players saw playing time, with each getting at least seven minutes
• Virginia held Pitt without a field goal for the final 7:30 of the first half.
• London Perrantes made his 131st career start, tops all time in program history
• Perrantes recorded his 107th career win, tied for fifth in program history
• With 14 points tonight, Perrantes moved up two spots into 36th in scoring in program history (1,181 points)
• Kyle Guy matched his career high with 20 points, set on Nov. 22 against Grambling
• Guy scored in double figures for the 11th time this season and the sixth against an ACC opponent
• Ty Jerome recorded a career-high seven rebounds
• Jerome scored 11 points, his fourth double-figure game of the year, with two coming against Pitt
Cavalier Tennis Programs Joining ForcesMen's Tennis6/21/17UVA's new head tennis coaches -- Andres Pedroso for the men and Sara O'Leary for the women -- want their programs to work closely together.Catching Up With Cherie Greer BrownWomen's Lacrosse6/19/17A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time first-team All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks among the finest players in lacrosse history.European Trip Strengthens Team's BondsWomen's Soccer6/14/17The Virginia women's soccer team recently returned from a trip to Europe, where the Cavaliers played two games in France and one in Germany.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia to Host Wisconsin in 2017 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
M. Basketball | 6/8/2017
The Cavaliers and Badgers meet for the third time in the Challenge and fifth time overall. UVA is...
Jeff White: Cavalier Men's Basketball Notebook
M. Basketball | 5/16/2017
The Cavaliers are heading into their ninth season under head coach Tony Bennett, who has led them...
UVA Men’s Basketball Signs Badocchi to NLI
M. Basketball | 5/11/2017
The Virginia men's basketball program signed forward Francesco Badocchi (Milan, Italy) to a...
Huff to Tour Czech Republic and Poland with AIA
M. Basketball | 5/4/2017
Virginia redshirt freshman Jay Huff (Durham, N.C.) will embark on a 13-day competitive basketball...
Perrantes Named VaSID All-State First Team
M. Basketball | 4/20/2017
Virginia’s London Perrantes (Los Angeles) was honored by the Virginia Sports Information...
Perrantes To Compete in Reese's College All-Star Game
M. Basketball | 3/28/2017
London Perrantes has been selected by the NABC to play in the 2017 Reese's Division I College All...
Thompson Departing Virginia Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 03/23/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced March 23 that redshirt junior guard...
Shayok and Reuter Leaving UVA Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 03/22/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced Wednesday (March 22) that junior...
- Online Stores