March 10, 2013
• The Cavaliers clinch the No. 4 seed in the ACC Tournament with the win, getting a first-round bye
• Virginia trailed by 17 points in the first half, the largest comeback since trailing by 19 vs. Arizona and rallying for a 93-90 win in the first game at John Paul Jones Arena (Nov. 12, 2006)
• It is the fifth-largest comeback in school history
• The 13-point halftime deficit overcome in a win is tied for the fourth-largest in school history (down 13 vs. Arizona on Nov. 12, 2006)
• The Cavaliers conclude the ACC season with a 9-0 home record, marking the fourth time in school history they have gone undefeated at home through the ACC (1981, 1982, 2007)
• The Cavaliers extended their home winning streak to 17 games (JPJA record), their longest home winning streak since the school-record 34 game home winning streak (1980-83)
• Virginia’s 18 home wins this season (18-1) are a school record, breaking the previous mark of 16 set in 2006-07 (first year of JPJA, 16-1)
• Virginia swept the season series vs. Maryland for the second straight season
• The Cavaliers have won five straight games against the Terrapins
• Virginia’s 11 ACC wins marks the most for UVa since 11 in 2006-07
• First overtime game of the season for Virginia
• Second consecutive year that the regular season finale vs. Maryland went to OT
• Virginia improves to 3-4 all-time in overtime games at JPJA
• Akil Mitchell (17 pts, 10 rebs) had his 11th double-double of the season (12th in career)
• Joe Harris (15 pts) scored in double figures for the 28th time this season
• Mitchell scored in double figures for the 24th time this season
• Mike Tobey (13 pts) scored in double figures for the seventh time this season
• Tobey scored in double figures in consecutive games for the first time in his career
Player Career Highs
• Justin Anderson had a career-high five blocked shots
John Paul Jones Arena Records
• Justin Anderson tied a Virginia JPJA record with five blocks (Assane Sene vs. Hampton, 12/23/09)
Green Adjusting to New SurroundingsWrestling10/20/17A transfer from Boise State, which dropped its wrestling program last spring, Fred Green is a candidate to start at 157 pounds for Virginia.Butts' Bond With Benkert GrowingFootball10/18/17A redshirt junior from the Philadelphia area, UVA tight end Evan Butts has become one of quarterback Kurt Benkert's most reliable targets.Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Pepsi Blue-White Scrimmage to Benefit Hurricane Relief
M. Basketball | 10/19/2017
Cash donations will be accepted upon entry to the Blue-White Scrimmage at John Paul Jones Arena. ...
Jeff White: Salt Evolving Into Pivotal Presence
M. Basketball | 10/17/2017
A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA,...
Jeff White: Cavalier Men's Basketball Notebook
M. Basketball | 10/16/2017
The season starts Nov. 10 for the Cavaliers, whose third annual Pepsi Blue-White scrimmage is...
On-Sale Dates Announced for Single-Game Tickets
M. Basketball | 10/9/2017
The Virginia athletics department announced Monday (Oct. 9) the on-sale dates for single-game...
UVA Announces Times and TV Designations for Seven Games
M. Basketball | 9/18/2017
UVA home contests vs. UNC Greensboro (Nov. 10, 7 p.m.), Austin Peay (Nov. 13, 7 p.m.), Lehigh (De...
ACC Releases UVA's 2017-18 Men's Basketball Schedule
M. Basketball | 9/7/2017
Virginia will play 30 regular-season games, including 17 contests at John Paul Jones Arena.
Jeff White: Johnson Eager to Make Mark as Cavalier
M. Basketball | 08/23/2017
The addition of graduate student Nigel Johnson, who averaged 11.3 points for Rutgers last season,...
Jeff White: Newcomers Settling In At UVA
M. Basketball | 06/30/2017
Head coach Tony Bennett's scholarship players for 2017-18 include two freshmen: guard Marco...
- Online Stores