March 10, 2013
• The Cavaliers clinch the No. 4 seed in the ACC Tournament with the win, getting a first-round bye
• Virginia trailed by 17 points in the first half, the largest comeback since trailing by 19 vs. Arizona and rallying for a 93-90 win in the first game at John Paul Jones Arena (Nov. 12, 2006)
• It is the fifth-largest comeback in school history
• The 13-point halftime deficit overcome in a win is tied for the fourth-largest in school history (down 13 vs. Arizona on Nov. 12, 2006)
• The Cavaliers conclude the ACC season with a 9-0 home record, marking the fourth time in school history they have gone undefeated at home through the ACC (1981, 1982, 2007)
• The Cavaliers extended their home winning streak to 17 games (JPJA record), their longest home winning streak since the school-record 34 game home winning streak (1980-83)
• Virginia’s 18 home wins this season (18-1) are a school record, breaking the previous mark of 16 set in 2006-07 (first year of JPJA, 16-1)
• Virginia swept the season series vs. Maryland for the second straight season
• The Cavaliers have won five straight games against the Terrapins
• Virginia’s 11 ACC wins marks the most for UVa since 11 in 2006-07
• First overtime game of the season for Virginia
• Second consecutive year that the regular season finale vs. Maryland went to OT
• Virginia improves to 3-4 all-time in overtime games at JPJA
• Akil Mitchell (17 pts, 10 rebs) had his 11th double-double of the season (12th in career)
• Joe Harris (15 pts) scored in double figures for the 28th time this season
• Mitchell scored in double figures for the 24th time this season
• Mike Tobey (13 pts) scored in double figures for the seventh time this season
• Tobey scored in double figures in consecutive games for the first time in his career
Player Career Highs
• Justin Anderson had a career-high five blocked shots
John Paul Jones Arena Records
• Justin Anderson tied a Virginia JPJA record with five blocks (Assane Sene vs. Hampton, 12/23/09)
Spring Football NotebookFootball3/30/17On Virginia's rebuilt offensive line, Jake Fieler, who'll be a redshirt junior in the fall, is the new first-team center.Mueller Shining for Surging CavaliersWomen's Lacrosse3/29/17Freshman midfielder Sammy Mueller is the second-leading scorer for No. 15 Virginia, which hosts Oregon on Wednesday night at Klöckner Stadium.Cook Ready To Make Up For Lost TimeFootball3/27/17After missing last season with a heart condition, UVA outside linebacker Malcolm Cook has been cleared to play again.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Perrantes To Compete in Reese’s College All-Star Game
M. Basketball | 3/28/2017
London Perrantes has been selected by the NABC to play in the 2017 Reese's Division I College All...
Thompson Departing Virginia Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 3/23/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced March 23 that redshirt junior guard...
Shayok and Reuter Leaving UVA Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 3/22/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced Wednesday (March 22) that junior...
Perrantes Named to NABC All-District 2 Second Team
M. Basketball | 3/22/2017
Virginia senior point guard London Perrantes was named to the NABC All-District 2 second team,...
Jeff White: Successful Season Ends on Excruciating Note
M. Basketball | 3/19/2017
Virginia's fourth consecutive appearance in the NCAA tournament ended with a 65-39 second-round...
Virginia Falls to Florida 65-39 in Second Round of the NCAAs
M. Basketball | 3/18/2017
Devin Robinson had 14 points and 11 rebounds, the fifth double-double of his career, and No. 4 ...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Hoping For Another Lift From Thompson
M. Basketball | 03/18/2017
In his first start since Dec. 31, Darius Thompson played a team-high 34 minutes Thursday in...
No. 5 Seed UVA Battles No. 4 Seed Florida on Saturday
M. Basketball | 03/17/2017
No. 5 seed Virginia plays No. 4 seed Florida in the second round of the NCAA Tournament on Sat., ...
- Online Stores