March 10, 2013
• The Cavaliers clinch the No. 4 seed in the ACC Tournament with the win, getting a first-round bye
• Virginia trailed by 17 points in the first half, the largest comeback since trailing by 19 vs. Arizona and rallying for a 93-90 win in the first game at John Paul Jones Arena (Nov. 12, 2006)
• It is the fifth-largest comeback in school history
• The 13-point halftime deficit overcome in a win is tied for the fourth-largest in school history (down 13 vs. Arizona on Nov. 12, 2006)
• The Cavaliers conclude the ACC season with a 9-0 home record, marking the fourth time in school history they have gone undefeated at home through the ACC (1981, 1982, 2007)
• The Cavaliers extended their home winning streak to 17 games (JPJA record), their longest home winning streak since the school-record 34 game home winning streak (1980-83)
• Virginia’s 18 home wins this season (18-1) are a school record, breaking the previous mark of 16 set in 2006-07 (first year of JPJA, 16-1)
• Virginia swept the season series vs. Maryland for the second straight season
• The Cavaliers have won five straight games against the Terrapins
• Virginia’s 11 ACC wins marks the most for UVa since 11 in 2006-07
• First overtime game of the season for Virginia
• Second consecutive year that the regular season finale vs. Maryland went to OT
• Virginia improves to 3-4 all-time in overtime games at JPJA
• Akil Mitchell (17 pts, 10 rebs) had his 11th double-double of the season (12th in career)
• Joe Harris (15 pts) scored in double figures for the 28th time this season
• Mitchell scored in double figures for the 24th time this season
• Mike Tobey (13 pts) scored in double figures for the seventh time this season
• Tobey scored in double figures in consecutive games for the first time in his career
Player Career Highs
• Justin Anderson had a career-high five blocked shots
John Paul Jones Arena Records
• Justin Anderson tied a Virginia JPJA record with five blocks (Assane Sene vs. Hampton, 12/23/09)
New Era Begins for Davenport FieldBaseball2/21/18Davenport Field Ready for UnveilingBaseball2/20/18Prime Opportunity Eludes CavaliersWomen's Basketball2/18/18
Director of News Content
Jerome leads No. 1 Virginia past Georgia Tech, 65-54
M. Basketball | 2/21/2018
Ty Jerome scored 18 points and top-ranked Virginia held off depleted Georgia Tech 65-54 on...
Top-Ranked Virginia Hosts Georgia Tech Wednesday
M. Basketball | 2/20/2018
Top-ranked Virginia (24-2, 13-1 ACC) hosts Georgia Tech on Wednesday, Feb. 21. Tipoff at John...
Hunter Named Co-ACC Rookie of the Week
M. Basketball | 2/19/2018
Virginia redshirt freshman guard De'Andre Hunter has been voted the ACC Men's Basketball Co-Rooki...
Jeff White: Hard-Earned Break Next for No. 1 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 2/14/2018
No. 1 Virginia, which defeated ACC rival Miami 59-50 late Tuesday night in Coral Gables, Fla.,...
No. 1 Virginia beats Miami 59-50
M. Basketball | 2/13/2018
No. 1 Virginia looked the part Tuesday, never trailing and holding Miami to 38 percent shooting...
Top-Ranked Virginia Plays at Miami Tuesday
M. Basketball | 2/12/2018
No. 1 Virginia (23-2, 12-1 ACC) plays at Miami (18-6, 7-5 ACC) on Tuesday, Feb. 13. Tipoff at...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Absorb Painful Lessons in Defeat
M. Basketball | 02/11/2018
Next up for No. 2 Virginia, whose 15-game winning streak ended Saturday night at John Paul Jones ...
No. 2 Virginia Falls in Overtime to Virginia Tech
M. Basketball | 02/10/2018
No. 2 Virginia fell 61-60 in overtime to Virginia Tech on Saturday night in John Paul Jones Arena.
- Online Stores