March 10, 2013
• The Cavaliers clinch the No. 4 seed in the ACC Tournament with the win, getting a first-round bye
• Virginia trailed by 17 points in the first half, the largest comeback since trailing by 19 vs. Arizona and rallying for a 93-90 win in the first game at John Paul Jones Arena (Nov. 12, 2006)
• It is the fifth-largest comeback in school history
• The 13-point halftime deficit overcome in a win is tied for the fourth-largest in school history (down 13 vs. Arizona on Nov. 12, 2006)
• The Cavaliers conclude the ACC season with a 9-0 home record, marking the fourth time in school history they have gone undefeated at home through the ACC (1981, 1982, 2007)
• The Cavaliers extended their home winning streak to 17 games (JPJA record), their longest home winning streak since the school-record 34 game home winning streak (1980-83)
• Virginia’s 18 home wins this season (18-1) are a school record, breaking the previous mark of 16 set in 2006-07 (first year of JPJA, 16-1)
• Virginia swept the season series vs. Maryland for the second straight season
• The Cavaliers have won five straight games against the Terrapins
• Virginia’s 11 ACC wins marks the most for UVa since 11 in 2006-07
• First overtime game of the season for Virginia
• Second consecutive year that the regular season finale vs. Maryland went to OT
• Virginia improves to 3-4 all-time in overtime games at JPJA
• Akil Mitchell (17 pts, 10 rebs) had his 11th double-double of the season (12th in career)
• Joe Harris (15 pts) scored in double figures for the 28th time this season
• Mitchell scored in double figures for the 24th time this season
• Mike Tobey (13 pts) scored in double figures for the seventh time this season
• Tobey scored in double figures in consecutive games for the first time in his career
Player Career Highs
• Justin Anderson had a career-high five blocked shots
John Paul Jones Arena Records
• Justin Anderson tied a Virginia JPJA record with five blocks (Assane Sene vs. Hampton, 12/23/09)
Cooper Thriving Under New StaffSwimming & Diving12/12/17Hazzard Aiming to Uphold Family TraditionTrack & Field, Cross Country12/11/17UVA's Campbell Winners Share Special BondFootball12/6/17
Director of News Content
Jeff White: 'Hoos Draw Valuable Lessons from Loss
M. Basketball | 12/6/2017
No. 15 Virginia heads into its exam break with an 8-1 record after losing 68-61 Tuesday night at ...
No. 18 WVU Tops No. 15 Virginia 68-61
M. Basketball | 12/5/2017
Devon Hall led No. 15 Virginia (8-1) with 19 points and Kyle Guy added 18 as the Cavaliers fell...
No. 18 Virginia Plays at No. 19 West Virginia Tuesday
M. Basketball | 12/4/2017
No. 18 Virginia (8-0) travels to No. 19 West Virginia (7-1) on Tuesday (Dec. 5). Tipoff at WVU...
Jeff White: Selfless Effort Propels 'Hoos in Latest Win
M. Basketball | 12/2/2017
No. 18 Virginia was credited with 21 assists on its 30 field goals Saturday in its victory over...
Guy's 21 lead No. 18 Virginia past Lehigh 75-54
M. Basketball | 12/2/2017
Kyle Guy scored 21 points and No. 18 Virginia never trailed in a 75-54 victory against Lehigh on ...
Coach's Corner with Tony Bennett Airs Tonight
M. Basketball | 12/11/2017
Coach's Corner with Tony Bennett airs on Virginia Sports Radio Network tonight from 7:06-8 p.m.
Coach's Corner with Tony Bennett Begins Tonight
M. Basketball | 12/06/2017
The weekly "Coach's Corner with Tony Bennett" radio program that airs across the Virginia Sports ...
No. 18 Virginia Meets Lehigh Saturday
M. Basketball | 12/01/2017
Virginia (7-0) continues non-conference men’s basketball action against Lehigh (4-3) on...
- Online Stores