March 10, 2018
• Virginia captured its third ACC Tournament title (1976 and 2018 vs. North Carolina and 2014 vs. Duke) • Virginia has won a school-record 31 games
• The Cavaliers captured the ACC regular-season and tournament titles for the second time (2014 and 2018)
• UVA ended its seven-game postseason losing streak vs. North Carolina, posting its first win against the Tar Heels in the ACC Tournament since 1990
• UVA is 4-13 against UNC in the ACC Tournament
• The Cavaliers own an eight-game winning streak and three-game winning streak vs. North Carolina
• UVA is 28-3 all-time record as the No. 1 team in the nation
• UVA is 8-1 record at Barclays Center (5-0 this season)
• UVA improved to 41-62 all-time at the ACC Tournament
• UVA is 5-1 vs. ranked opponents
• UVA led 34-30 at the half and improved to 28-0 when leading after the first 20 minutes
• Virginia limited its 31st opponent to less than 50 percent shooting (North Carolina – 40.8%)
• UVA matched a season low with four turnovers
• UVA went 20 of 22 (90.9%) from the free throw line
• UVA tied a season high with 20 made free throws
• UVA shot 50 percent or better from 3-point range for the sixth time this season
• Kyle Guy (16 points) led UVA in scoring for the 14th time, reaching double figures for the 27th time
• Guy (two 3-pointers) moved into fifth on the UVA single-season 3-pointer list with 83
• Devon Hall (15 points) reached double figures for the 23rd time
• Ty Jerome (12 points) reached double figures for the 17th time
• De’Andre Hunter (10 points) reached double figures for the 16th time
• Isaiah Wilkins played in his 131st career game at UVA, tying him with Bryant Stith for 10th on the all-time list
• ACC Tournament MVP Guy was joined on the all-tournament first team by Hall, while Jerome was named to the second team
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Hall Selected by OKC in Second Round of 2018 NBA Draft
M. Basketball | 6/21/2018
Former Virginia guard Devon Hall was selected by the Oklahoma City Thunder in the second round of...
Jeff White: Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost Time
M. Basketball | 6/19/2018
A 7-1 forward who's coming shoulder surgery., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's...
Jeff White: Hall Working to Raise NBA Stock
M. Basketball | 6/12/2018
By the time the NBA draft arrives June 21, former UVA guard Devon Hall will have worked out for...
Virginia to Play at Maryland in 2018 ACC/B1G Challenge
M. Basketball | 6/1/2018
Virginia will play at former ACC rival Maryland in the 20th ACC-B1G Challenge on Wednesday, Nov. 28.
UVA Men’s Basketball Adds Caffaro and Key
M. Basketball | 5/18/2018
Virginia men's head basketball coach Tony Bennett announced May 18 the additions of center...
Jeff White: Vandross Eager to Contribute in New Role
M. Basketball | 5/2/2018
Ron Sanchez's departure created a vacancy on the UVA staff that Tony Bennett filled by promoting ...
UVA Sweeps Top VaSID Honors
M. Basketball | 04/20/2018
Tony Bennett (coach), Kyle Guy (player) and De'Andre Hunter (rookie) earned top VaSID University...
Bennett Promotes Williford and Vandross
M. Basketball | 04/17/2018
Jason Williford has been promoted to associate head coach and Orlando Vandross has been elevated ...
- Online Stores