March 19, 2017
Virginia Game Notes
No. 4 Florida 65, No. 5 Virginia 39
Saturday, March 18, 2017
NCAA Tournament Notes
• Making its 21st all-time appearance, Virginia is 29-21 all-time in the NCAA Tournament, including 7-5 in five appearances under Tony Bennett
• Virginia reached the round of 32 for the fourth straight season
• Bennett is 10-7 in seven NCAA Tournament appearances
• This was the second NCAA Tournament meeting between UVA and Florida (UF won 71-45 in the first round of the 2012 tournament)
• UVA scored its fewest points in an NCAA tournament game (45 vs. Florida in 2012)
• Virginia’s 17-point first half was UVA’s fewest points in a half in NCAA tournament play (previous was 18 in 2015 vs. Michigan State)
• Virginia concludes the season with a 23-11 record, the Cavaliers’ fifth straight season with 23 or more wins
• Virginia is 1-2 all-time against Florida
• UVA scored a season low in points (previous was 43 at North Carolina on Feb. 18)
• Florida’s 21-0 run during the first and second halves marked the most consecutive points allowed by UVA this year (13 at Villanova on Jan. 29)
• UVA’s scoring drought of 7:55 was its longest of the season (7:11 at Syracuse on Feb. 4)
• UVA’s bench was outscored, 23-10, by Florida’s reserves, marking the ninth time this year the Cavaliers’ bench was outscored by the opposing bench
• Perrantes concluded his UVA career with 1,225 points, 33rd in program history
• Perrantes won 108 games in his UVA career, fifth in program history
• Mamadi Diakite made his first career start
• Diakite scored nine points, his most since a 12-point effort against East Carolina on Dec. 6
• Diakite also set career highs in minutes (29) and was one off his career high in rebounds (7 vs. Yale)
• Jack Salt recorded a career-high with 10 rebounds, topping his previous high of nine (Pitt on March 4)
Cavaliers Looking to Build MomentumWomen's Basketball11/22/17Virginia (2-3) will play twice this weekend in the Cavalier Classic at John Paul Jones Arena: Saturday against Harvard and Sunday against Duquesne.'Hoos Eager to Seize Opportunity Friday NightFootball11/21/17At 8 p.m. Friday, in the annual battle for the Commonwealth Clash, UVA (6-5 overall, 3-4 ACC) meets Virginia Tech (8-3, 4-3) at Scott Stadium.Hunter Dazzles as 'Hoos Stay UnbeatenMen's Basketball11/19/17Behind a career-high 23 points from redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter, unbeaten Virginia defeated Monmouth 73-53 on Sunday at JPJ.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Handles Vanderbilt in NIT Tip-Off, 68-42
M. Basketball | 11/23/2017
Kyle Guy scored a game-high 18 points and Ty Jerome added a season-high 14 points as Virginia...
Virginia-Vanderbilt Clash on Thanksgiving Day
M. Basketball | 11/21/2017
Virginia (4-0) meets Vanderbilt in the semifinals of the NIT Season Tip-Off on Thanksgiving Day (...
Jeff White: Hunter Dazzles as 'Hoos Stay Unbeaten
M. Basketball | 11/19/2017
Behind a career-high 23 points from redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter, Virginia defeated Monmouth...
Hunter's 23 points lifts Virginia past Monmouth 73-53
M. Basketball | 11/19/2017
Behind a pace-setting, 23 point, eight-rebound performance by redshirt-freshman Deandre Hunter, ...
Virginia Entertains Monmouth on Sunday
M. Basketball | 11/18/2017
Virginia (3-0) hosts Monmouth (2-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Sunday (No...
Guy's 29 lead Virginia past VCU, 76-67
M. Basketball | 11/17/2017
Kyle Guy scored 29 points and hit two 3-pointers in the final three minutes Friday, leading...
Virginia Plays at VCU Friday
M. Basketball | 11/16/2017
Virginia meets VCU for the first time since posting a 74-57 win over the Rams during the 2014-15 ...
Jeff White: Redshirt Freshmen Impress in Emphatic Win
M. Basketball | 11/14/2017
Jay Huff and De'Andre Hunter combined for 29 points Monday night in Virginia's 93-49 victory over...
- Online Stores