March 20, 2013
• Virginia advances to play St. John’s in the NIT Second Round
• Virginia improves to 16-10 all-time in the NIT
• The Cavaliers matched their win total from last season with their 22nd win of the year
• Virginia improves to 20-0 all-time against MEAC schools
• The Cavaliers improve to 45-12 vs. in-state foes since 1999-2000
• Virginia is 34-4 at home vs. in-state foes during that span
• The Cavaliers extended their home winning streak to 18 games (JPJA record), their longest home winning streak since the school-record 34 game home winning streak (1980-83)
• Virginia’s 19 home wins this season (19-1) are a school record
• Norfolk State’s 16 first-half points marked the ninth time this season Virginia has held an opponent under 20 points in a half
• Akil Mitchell (15 pts, 11 rebs) had his 12th double-double of the season (13th in career)
• Mitchell scored in double figures for the seventh straight game and the 26th time this season
• Justin Anderson (15 pts) scored in double figures for the 10th time this season
• Joe Harris (12 pts) scored in double figures for 14th straight game and the 30th time this season
Player Career Highs
• Teven Jones tied a career high with two 3-pointers
'Hoos Savor Long-Awaited BreakthroughFootball9/25/16The 'Hoos picked up their first victory of the season -- also their first under head coach Bronco Mendenhall -- Saturday at Scott Stadium.'Hoos Stay Positive in Face of AdversityFootball9/23/16Coming off back-to-back road games, Virginia (0-3) hosts Central Michigan (3-0) at 12:30 p.m. Saturday at Scott Stadium.Darden Workshop Offers Coaches Fresh PerspectiveGeneral Release9/22/16More than a dozen coaches and staffers from UVA Athletics recently participated in a professional development workshop at the Darden School of Business.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Pepsi Blue-White Scrimmage and Meet the Teams Day Set For...
M. Basketball | 9/21/2016
The UVA men’s team will hold its second annual Pepsi Blue-White intrasquad scrimmage at 3 p...
Jeff White: Non-Conference Challenges Await 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 9/13/2016
Virginia's 2016-17 men's basketball schedule includes non-conference games against such opponents...
ACC Releases Virginia's 2016-17 Men's Basketball Schedule
M. Basketball | 9/12/2016
The Atlantic Coast Conference released the 2016-17 men’s basketball schedules for its...
Jeff White: Spanish Journey Strengthens Cavaliers' Bond
M. Basketball | 8/20/2016
Head coach Tony Bennett's team came together on and off the court during its 10-day tour of Spain...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Heading Home On High Note
M. Basketball | 8/17/2016
On the final night of its 10-day tour of Spain, Virginia routed the Sant Julià All-Stars...
UVA Finishes Spain Tour Unbeaten at 5-0
M. Basketball | 8/17/2016
The Virginia men's basketball team recorded a pair of wins over the Sant Julià All-Stars...
Jeff White: Hall Eager To Take On Larger Role
M. Basketball | 08/16/2016
Devon Hall, who earned his bachelor's degree this summer, has two seasons of eligibility...
Cavaliers Post 70-44 Win Over Arcos Albacete
M. Basketball | 08/13/2016
The Virginia men's basketball team rolled to a 70-44 win over Arcos Albacete on Saturday (Aug. 13...
- Online Stores