March 20, 2013
• Virginia advances to play St. John’s in the NIT Second Round
• Virginia improves to 16-10 all-time in the NIT
• The Cavaliers matched their win total from last season with their 22nd win of the year
• Virginia improves to 20-0 all-time against MEAC schools
• The Cavaliers improve to 45-12 vs. in-state foes since 1999-2000
• Virginia is 34-4 at home vs. in-state foes during that span
• The Cavaliers extended their home winning streak to 18 games (JPJA record), their longest home winning streak since the school-record 34 game home winning streak (1980-83)
• Virginia’s 19 home wins this season (19-1) are a school record
• Norfolk State’s 16 first-half points marked the ninth time this season Virginia has held an opponent under 20 points in a half
• Akil Mitchell (15 pts, 11 rebs) had his 12th double-double of the season (13th in career)
• Mitchell scored in double figures for the seventh straight game and the 26th time this season
• Justin Anderson (15 pts) scored in double figures for the 10th time this season
• Joe Harris (12 pts) scored in double figures for 14th straight game and the 30th time this season
Player Career Highs
• Teven Jones tied a career high with two 3-pointers
Ellis Thrilled to Back in CoachingWrestling10/24/16The newest member of the Virginia wrestling team's coaching staff is assistant Mark Ellis, who won an NCAA title as a heavyweight at Missouri.North Carolina PostscriptFootball10/23/16Virginia, which trailed 14-7 at halftime, lost 35-14 to No. 22 North Carolina in an ACC game Saturday at Scott Stadium.Cavalier Football Notebook: UNC WeekFootball10/21/16At 3 p.m. Saturday, UVA (2-4, 1-1) hosts Coastal Division rival North Carolina (5-2, 3-1) in an ACC football game at Scott Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Scrimmage & Meet the Teams Day Set For Sunday
M. Basketball | 9/21/2016
The UVA men's team will hold its second annual Pepsi Blue-White intrasquad scrimmage at 3 p.m.,...
Nichols Named to Malone Award Watch List
M. Basketball | 10/20/2016
Virginia’s Austin Nichols (Collierville, Tenn.) was one of 20 players named to the watch...
Jeff White: Media Day Notebook
M. Basketball | 10/18/2016
Virginia, which reached the Elite Eight in 2015-16, opens the season Nov. 11 against UNC...
Perrantes Named to Cousy Award Watch List
M. Basketball | 10/17/2016
Virginia’s London Perrantes (Los Angeles) was one of 20 players named to the watch list for...
Jeff White: Reuter Ready To Take On Larger Role
M. Basketball | 10/17/2016
A 6-7, 243-pound sophomore from Marion, Mass., Jarred Reuter is competing for a starting spot in ...
On-Sale Dates For Single-Game Tickets Announced
M. Basketball | 10/10/2016
The University of Virginia announced the on-sale dates for single-game tickets for men’s...
Jeff White: Spirit of '76 Unites Basketball Family
M. Basketball | 09/27/2016
At the Virginia men's basketball reunion, the spotlight was on the 1975-76 team and the legacy of...
Jeff White: Non-Conference Challenges Await 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 09/13/2016
Virginia's 2016-17 men's basketball schedule includes non-conference games against such opponents...
- Online Stores