March 20, 2013
• Virginia advances to play St. John’s in the NIT Second Round
• Virginia improves to 16-10 all-time in the NIT
• The Cavaliers matched their win total from last season with their 22nd win of the year
• Virginia improves to 20-0 all-time against MEAC schools
• The Cavaliers improve to 45-12 vs. in-state foes since 1999-2000
• Virginia is 34-4 at home vs. in-state foes during that span
• The Cavaliers extended their home winning streak to 18 games (JPJA record), their longest home winning streak since the school-record 34 game home winning streak (1980-83)
• Virginia’s 19 home wins this season (19-1) are a school record
• Norfolk State’s 16 first-half points marked the ninth time this season Virginia has held an opponent under 20 points in a half
• Akil Mitchell (15 pts, 11 rebs) had his 12th double-double of the season (13th in career)
• Mitchell scored in double figures for the seventh straight game and the 26th time this season
• Justin Anderson (15 pts) scored in double figures for the 10th time this season
• Joe Harris (12 pts) scored in double figures for 14th straight game and the 30th time this season
Player Career Highs
• Teven Jones tied a career high with two 3-pointers
Cavaliers Looking to Build MomentumWomen's Basketball11/22/17Virginia (2-3) will play twice this weekend in the Cavalier Classic at John Paul Jones Arena: Saturday against Harvard and Sunday against Duquesne.'Hoos Eager to Seize Opportunity Friday NightFootball11/21/17At 8 p.m. Friday, in the annual battle for the Commonwealth Clash, UVA (6-5 overall, 3-4 ACC) meets Virginia Tech (8-3, 4-3) at Scott Stadium.Hunter Dazzles as 'Hoos Stay UnbeatenMen's Basketball11/19/17Behind a career-high 23 points from redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter, unbeaten Virginia defeated Monmouth 73-53 on Sunday at JPJ.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Handles Vanderbilt in NIT Tip-Off, 68-42
M. Basketball | 11/23/2017
Kyle Guy scored a game-high 18 points and Ty Jerome added a season-high 14 points as Virginia...
Virginia-Vanderbilt Clash on Thanksgiving Day
M. Basketball | 11/21/2017
Virginia (4-0) meets Vanderbilt in the semifinals of the NIT Season Tip-Off on Thanksgiving Day (...
Jeff White: Hunter Dazzles as 'Hoos Stay Unbeaten
M. Basketball | 11/19/2017
Behind a career-high 23 points from redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter, Virginia defeated Monmouth...
Hunter's 23 points lifts Virginia past Monmouth 73-53
M. Basketball | 11/19/2017
Behind a pace-setting, 23 point, eight-rebound performance by redshirt-freshman Deandre Hunter, ...
Virginia Entertains Monmouth on Sunday
M. Basketball | 11/18/2017
Virginia (3-0) hosts Monmouth (2-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Sunday (No...
Guy's 29 lead Virginia past VCU, 76-67
M. Basketball | 11/17/2017
Kyle Guy scored 29 points and hit two 3-pointers in the final three minutes Friday, leading...
Virginia Plays at VCU Friday
M. Basketball | 11/16/2017
Virginia meets VCU for the first time since posting a 74-57 win over the Rams during the 2014-15 ...
Jeff White: Redshirt Freshmen Impress in Emphatic Win
M. Basketball | 11/14/2017
Jay Huff and De'Andre Hunter combined for 29 points Monday night in Virginia's 93-49 victory over...
- Online Stores