Nov. 15, 2016
No. 8 Virginia 72, St. Francis Brooklyn 32
Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2016
• This was UVA’s first-ever game against St. Francis Brooklyn
• Virginia extended its home win streak to 21 games (seventh longest in the nation), dating from Feb. 7, 2015, and has won 42 of its last 43 home contests
• UVA matched its longest win streak at JPJ; the previous 21-game streak was from Dec 21, 2013, to Jan. 22, 2015
• Virginia won its 20th straight home opener; its last home opening defeat was Dec. 7, 1996, a 62-52 loss to Clemson
• UVA is 139-36 in 11 seasons at JPJ, including 101-20 under Tony Bennett
• SFB’s 13 first-half points marked the fewest allowed in a half by UVA since Georgia Tech’s 12-point second half on Jan. 22, 2015 (fewest in a first half since Harvard’s 8-point first half on Dec. 21, 2014)
• UVA is now 56-2 under Tony Bennett when limiting to opponents to fewer than 50 points
• UVA held SFB scoreless for 10:02 in the first half, extending a 15-11 lead to 35-11
• UVA held SFB without a field goal for the final 12:48 of the first half and 14:29 total
• SFB missed 15 straight field-goal attempts to end the first half and 17 total, extending to the second half
• 16 of SFB’s 24 first-half field goals came from 3-point range, including a stretch of 11 straight attempts
• Virginia went 0-for-10 from 3-point range and was held without a 3-pointer for the first time since Nov. 21, 2011, against Drake
• UVA held an opponent to fewer than 40 points for the 15th time in Tony Bennett’s eight seasons
Cavaliers Keep Rolling at JPJMen's Basketball1/15/18No. 3 Virginia remained atop the ACC standings with a 68-51 victory over NC State at John Paul Jones Arena on Sunday night.Singh Back in Familiar SurroundingsMen's Tennis1/12/18Former UVA tennis star Sanam Singh is back at his alma mater as the volunteer assistant coach in the men's program.Hayes Making Immediate ImpactWrestling1/10/18Redshirt freshman Louie Hayes is ranked No. 13 nationally at 125 pounds for Virginia, which competes at the Virginia Duals this weekend in Hampton.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: No. 3 Cavaliers Keep Rolling at JPJ
M. Basketball | 1/15/2018
No. 3 Virginia remained atop the ACC standings with a 68-51 victory over NC State at John Paul...
Hall's 25 lead No. 3 Virginia past NC State 68-51
M. Basketball | 1/14/2018
Devon Hall scored a career-best 25 points and No. 3 Virginia pushed its winning streak to eight ...
No. 3 Virginia Hosts NC State Sunday
M. Basketball | 1/12/2018
No. 3 Virginia (15-1, 4-0 ACC) hosts NC State (12-5, 2-2 ACC) in ACC men’s basketball...
Jeff White: Hard-Earned Win Extends Cavaliers' Streak
M. Basketball | 1/10/2018
No. 3 Virginia, which stretched its winning streak to seven games Tuesday night with a 68-61...
Guy's 22 points Push No. 3 Virginia Past Syracuse 68-61
M. Basketball | 1/9/2018
Kyle Guy scored 22 points, De'Andre Hunter added 15 and No. 3 Virginia beat Syracuse 68-61 on...
No. 3 Virginia Entertains Syracuse Tuesday
M. Basketball | 1/8/2018
No. 3 Virginia (14-1, 3-0 ACC) hosts Syracuse (12-4, 1-2 ACC) in ACC men’s basketball...
Coach's Corner with Tony Bennett Airs Tonight
M. Basketball | 01/15/2018
Coach's Corner with Tony Bennett will air tonight on the Virginia Sports Radio Network.
Jeff White: 'Hoos Lock Down Heels Again at JPJ
M. Basketball | 01/06/2018
In a nationally televised ACC game at JPJ, No. 8 Virginia defeated No. 12 North Carolina 61-49 on...
- Online Stores