Nov. 15, 2016
No. 8 Virginia 72, St. Francis Brooklyn 32
Tuesday, Nov. 15, 2016
• This was UVA’s first-ever game against St. Francis Brooklyn
• Virginia extended its home win streak to 21 games (seventh longest in the nation), dating from Feb. 7, 2015, and has won 42 of its last 43 home contests
• UVA matched its longest win streak at JPJ; the previous 21-game streak was from Dec 21, 2013, to Jan. 22, 2015
• Virginia won its 20th straight home opener; its last home opening defeat was Dec. 7, 1996, a 62-52 loss to Clemson
• UVA is 139-36 in 11 seasons at JPJ, including 101-20 under Tony Bennett
• SFB’s 13 first-half points marked the fewest allowed in a half by UVA since Georgia Tech’s 12-point second half on Jan. 22, 2015 (fewest in a first half since Harvard’s 8-point first half on Dec. 21, 2014)
• UVA is now 56-2 under Tony Bennett when limiting to opponents to fewer than 50 points
• UVA held SFB scoreless for 10:02 in the first half, extending a 15-11 lead to 35-11
• UVA held SFB without a field goal for the final 12:48 of the first half and 14:29 total
• SFB missed 15 straight field-goal attempts to end the first half and 17 total, extending to the second half
• 16 of SFB’s 24 first-half field goals came from 3-point range, including a stretch of 11 straight attempts
• Virginia went 0-for-10 from 3-point range and was held without a 3-pointer for the first time since Nov. 21, 2011, against Drake
• UVA held an opponent to fewer than 40 points for the 15th time in Tony Bennett’s eight seasons
Cavalier Tennis Programs Joining ForcesMen's Tennis6/21/17UVA's new head tennis coaches -- Andres Pedroso for the men and Sara O'Leary for the women -- want their programs to work closely together.Catching Up With Cherie Greer BrownWomen's Lacrosse6/19/17A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time first-team All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks among the finest players in lacrosse history.European Trip Strengthens Team's BondsWomen's Soccer6/14/17The Virginia women's soccer team recently returned from a trip to Europe, where the Cavaliers played two games in France and one in Germany.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Brogdon Named NBA Rookie of the Year
M. Basketball | 6/26/2017
Former Virginia two-time All-American and current Milwaukee Bucks guard Malcolm Brogdon was named...
Virginia to Host Wisconsin in 2017 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
M. Basketball | 6/8/2017
The Cavaliers and Badgers meet for the third time in the Challenge and fifth time overall. UVA is...
Jeff White: Cavalier Men's Basketball Notebook
M. Basketball | 5/16/2017
The Cavaliers are heading into their ninth season under head coach Tony Bennett, who has led them...
UVA Men’s Basketball Signs Badocchi to NLI
M. Basketball | 5/11/2017
The Virginia men's basketball program signed forward Francesco Badocchi (Milan, Italy) to a...
Huff to Tour Czech Republic and Poland with AIA
M. Basketball | 5/4/2017
Virginia redshirt freshman Jay Huff (Durham, N.C.) will embark on a 13-day competitive basketball...
Perrantes Named VaSID All-State First Team
M. Basketball | 4/20/2017
Virginia’s London Perrantes (Los Angeles) was honored by the Virginia Sports Information...
Perrantes To Compete in Reese's College All-Star Game
M. Basketball | 03/28/2017
London Perrantes has been selected by the NABC to play in the 2017 Reese's Division I College All...
Thompson Departing Virginia Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 03/23/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced March 23 that redshirt junior guard...
- Online Stores