Nov. 19, 2012
• Virginia shot 100% from the free throw line (11-11) for the first time this season after accomplishing the feat a school-record three times last season
• The Cavaliers held an opponent under 50 points for the third time this season and the 21st time in the Tony Bennett era
• Virginia is 20-1 when holding opponents under 50 points during the Bennett era
• Virginia held Lamar to 18 first-half points, the second consecutive game it has held an opponent under 20 points at halftime (first time holding back-to-back opponents under 20 first-half points since Drexel and Drake in the fourth and fifth games of last season)
• The Cavaliers’ eight blocks are the most in the Tony Bennett era and the most by the team since 10 blocks at Virginia Tech on Jan. 10, 2009
• Akil Mitchell (10 pts) has scored in double figures every game this season
• Joe Harris (17 pts) led the Cavaliers in scoring for the fourth time in five games this season
• Teven Jones made his first career start
• Jones was Virginia’s fifth different freshman starter this season
Player Career Highs
• Paul Jesperson scored a career-high nine points
• Jesperson tied a career high with five rebounds
NCAA Quest Begins for Iceland NativeTrack & Field, Cross Country5/24/18A three-time ACC champion in the hammer throw, Virginia junior Hilmar Jonsson competes Thursday at the NCAA East Preliminary meet in Tampa, Fla.Lynch Shines Again in His Season FinaleBaseball5/23/18In what was probably his final appearance for UVA, junior left-hander Daniel Lynch struck out seven Tuesday against Florida State in the ACC tournament.UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Men’s Basketball Adds Caffaro and Key
M. Basketball | 5/18/2018
Virginia men's head basketball coach Tony Bennett announced May 18 the additions of center...
Jeff White: Vandross Eager to Contribute in New Role
M. Basketball | 5/2/2018
Ron Sanchez's departure created a vacancy on the UVA staff that Tony Bennett filled by promoting ...
UVA Sweeps Top VaSID Honors
M. Basketball | 4/20/2018
Tony Bennett (coach), Kyle Guy (player) and De'Andre Hunter (rookie) earned top VaSID University...
Bennett Promotes Williford and Vandross
M. Basketball | 4/17/2018
Jason Williford has been promoted to associate head coach and Orlando Vandross has been elevated ...
ACC Opponents Announced for 2018-19
M. Basketball | 4/10/2018
The ACC announced Tuesday (April 10) the men's basketball league opponents for all 15...
Bennett Adds Another Coach of the Year Award
M. Basketball | 4/1/2018
Virginia’s Tony Bennett was named the 2018 NABC Division I Coach of the Year, announced...
Bennett Earns Naismith Coach of the Year Award
M. Basketball | 04/01/2018
Virginia's Tony Bennett was named the 2018 Werner Ladder Naismith Men's College Coach of the Year...
Bennett Named AP Coach of the Year
M. Basketball | 03/29/2018
Virginia's Tony Bennett was named the Associated Press (AP) Men's College Basketball Coach of the...
- Online Stores