Nov. 19, 2012
• Virginia shot 100% from the free throw line (11-11) for the first time this season after accomplishing the feat a school-record three times last season
• The Cavaliers held an opponent under 50 points for the third time this season and the 21st time in the Tony Bennett era
• Virginia is 20-1 when holding opponents under 50 points during the Bennett era
• Virginia held Lamar to 18 first-half points, the second consecutive game it has held an opponent under 20 points at halftime (first time holding back-to-back opponents under 20 first-half points since Drexel and Drake in the fourth and fifth games of last season)
• The Cavaliers’ eight blocks are the most in the Tony Bennett era and the most by the team since 10 blocks at Virginia Tech on Jan. 10, 2009
• Akil Mitchell (10 pts) has scored in double figures every game this season
• Joe Harris (17 pts) led the Cavaliers in scoring for the fourth time in five games this season
• Teven Jones made his first career start
• Jones was Virginia’s fifth different freshman starter this season
Player Career Highs
• Paul Jesperson scored a career-high nine points
• Jesperson tied a career high with five rebounds
Ellis Thrilled to Back in CoachingWrestling10/24/16The newest member of the Virginia wrestling team's coaching staff is assistant Mark Ellis, who won an NCAA title as a heavyweight at Missouri.North Carolina PostscriptFootball10/23/16Virginia, which trailed 14-7 at halftime, lost 35-14 to No. 22 North Carolina in an ACC game Saturday at Scott Stadium.Cavalier Football Notebook: UNC WeekFootball10/21/16At 3 p.m. Saturday, UVA (2-4, 1-1) hosts Coastal Division rival North Carolina (5-2, 3-1) in an ACC football game at Scott Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Scrimmage & Meet the Teams Day Set For Sunday
M. Basketball | 9/21/2016
The UVA men's team will hold its second annual Pepsi Blue-White intrasquad scrimmage at 3 p.m.,...
Nichols Named to Malone Award Watch List
M. Basketball | 10/20/2016
Virginia’s Austin Nichols (Collierville, Tenn.) was one of 20 players named to the watch...
Jeff White: Media Day Notebook
M. Basketball | 10/18/2016
Virginia, which reached the Elite Eight in 2015-16, opens the season Nov. 11 against UNC...
Perrantes Named to Cousy Award Watch List
M. Basketball | 10/17/2016
Virginia’s London Perrantes (Los Angeles) was one of 20 players named to the watch list for...
Jeff White: Reuter Ready To Take On Larger Role
M. Basketball | 10/17/2016
A 6-7, 243-pound sophomore from Marion, Mass., Jarred Reuter is competing for a starting spot in ...
On-Sale Dates For Single-Game Tickets Announced
M. Basketball | 10/10/2016
The University of Virginia announced the on-sale dates for single-game tickets for men’s...
Jeff White: Spirit of '76 Unites Basketball Family
M. Basketball | 09/27/2016
At the Virginia men's basketball reunion, the spotlight was on the 1975-76 team and the legacy of...
Jeff White: Non-Conference Challenges Await 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 09/13/2016
Virginia's 2016-17 men's basketball schedule includes non-conference games against such opponents...
- Online Stores