Nov. 19, 2012
• Virginia shot 100% from the free throw line (11-11) for the first time this season after accomplishing the feat a school-record three times last season
• The Cavaliers held an opponent under 50 points for the third time this season and the 21st time in the Tony Bennett era
• Virginia is 20-1 when holding opponents under 50 points during the Bennett era
• Virginia held Lamar to 18 first-half points, the second consecutive game it has held an opponent under 20 points at halftime (first time holding back-to-back opponents under 20 first-half points since Drexel and Drake in the fourth and fifth games of last season)
• The Cavaliers’ eight blocks are the most in the Tony Bennett era and the most by the team since 10 blocks at Virginia Tech on Jan. 10, 2009
• Akil Mitchell (10 pts) has scored in double figures every game this season
• Joe Harris (17 pts) led the Cavaliers in scoring for the fourth time in five games this season
• Teven Jones made his first career start
• Jones was Virginia’s fifth different freshman starter this season
Player Career Highs
• Paul Jesperson scored a career-high nine points
• Jesperson tied a career high with five rebounds
Soccer Teams Turn Attention to 2017Men's Soccer12/2/16The Virginia men's and women's soccer teams are fixtures in their respective NCAA tournaments, and 2017 should bring more success for both.Home-Court Advantage Proves Pivotal AgainMen's Basketball12/1/16No. 6 Virginia, which hosts No. 25 West Virginia on Saturday afternoon, has won 24 straight games at John Paul Jones Arena.Diakite Growing Into Larger RoleMen's Basketball11/29/16Redshirt freshman Mamadi Diakite is averaging 7.2 points and a team-high 2.6 blocks for No. 6 Virginia, which hosts Ohio State at JPJ on Wednesday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 6 Virginia Falls to No. 25 West Virginia, 66-57
M. Basketball | 12/3/2016
Darius Thompson scored 14 points to lead the Virginia Cavaliers (7-1). UVA will face East...
No. 6 UVA Entertains No. 25 West Virginia on Saturday
M. Basketball | 12/2/2016
No. 6 Virginia (7-0) hosts No. 25 West Virginia (5-1) in in men’s basketball non-conference...
Jeff White: Home-Court Advantage Pivotal Again
M. Basketball | 12/1/2016
No. 6 Virginia, which hosts No. 25 West Virginia on Saturday afternoon, has won 24 straight games...
Perrantes leads No. 6 UVA past Ohio State, 63-61
M. Basketball | 11/30/2016
London Perrantes scored 15 of his 19 points in the second half and No. 7 Virginia overcame a...
Jeff White: Diakite Growing Into Larger Role
M. Basketball | 11/29/2016
Redshirt freshman Mamadi Diakite is averaging 7.2 points and a team-high 2.6 blocks for No. 6...
No. 6 UVA Hosts Ohio State in ACC/B1G Challenge
M. Basketball | 11/29/2016
No. 6 Virginia (6-0) hosts Ohio State (6-0) in the 2017 ACC/Big Ten Challenge on Wednesday (Nov. ...
No. 7 Virginia Downs Providence For Emerald Coast Title, 63-52
M. Basketball | 11/26/2016
London Perrantes and Darius Thompson scored 11 points each and No. 7 Virginia beat Providence 63-...
No. 7 Virginia Defeats Iowa, 74-41
M. Basketball | 11/25/2016
Jarred Reuter led a well-balanced scoring attack with 14 points and Virginia's stifling trademark...
- Online Stores