Nov. 19, 2012
• Virginia shot 100% from the free throw line (11-11) for the first time this season after accomplishing the feat a school-record three times last season
• The Cavaliers held an opponent under 50 points for the third time this season and the 21st time in the Tony Bennett era
• Virginia is 20-1 when holding opponents under 50 points during the Bennett era
• Virginia held Lamar to 18 first-half points, the second consecutive game it has held an opponent under 20 points at halftime (first time holding back-to-back opponents under 20 first-half points since Drexel and Drake in the fourth and fifth games of last season)
• The Cavaliers’ eight blocks are the most in the Tony Bennett era and the most by the team since 10 blocks at Virginia Tech on Jan. 10, 2009
• Akil Mitchell (10 pts) has scored in double figures every game this season
• Joe Harris (17 pts) led the Cavaliers in scoring for the fourth time in five games this season
• Teven Jones made his first career start
• Jones was Virginia’s fifth different freshman starter this season
Player Career Highs
• Paul Jesperson scored a career-high nine points
• Jesperson tied a career high with five rebounds
'Hoos Take Step Back in One-Sided LossFootball10/21/17For Virginia, which lost 41-10 to visiting Boston College on Saturday, the next opportunity to become bowl-eligible comes next weekend at Pitt.Green Adjusting to New SurroundingsWrestling10/20/17A transfer from Boise State, which dropped its wrestling program last spring, Fred Green is a candidate to start at 157 pounds for Virginia.Butts' Bond With Benkert GrowingFootball10/18/17A redshirt junior from the Philadelphia area, UVA tight end Evan Butts has become one of quarterback Kurt Benkert's most reliable targets.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Pepsi Blue-White Scrimmage to Benefit Hurricane Relief
M. Basketball | 10/19/2017
Cash donations will be accepted upon entry to the Blue-White Scrimmage at John Paul Jones Arena. ...
Jeff White: Salt Evolving Into Pivotal Presence
M. Basketball | 10/17/2017
A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA,...
Jeff White: Cavalier Men's Basketball Notebook
M. Basketball | 10/16/2017
The season starts Nov. 10 for the Cavaliers, whose third annual Pepsi Blue-White scrimmage is...
On-Sale Dates Announced for Single-Game Tickets
M. Basketball | 10/9/2017
The Virginia athletics department announced Monday (Oct. 9) the on-sale dates for single-game...
UVA Announces Times and TV Designations for Seven Games
M. Basketball | 9/18/2017
UVA home contests vs. UNC Greensboro (Nov. 10, 7 p.m.), Austin Peay (Nov. 13, 7 p.m.), Lehigh (De...
ACC Releases UVA's 2017-18 Men's Basketball Schedule
M. Basketball | 9/7/2017
Virginia will play 30 regular-season games, including 17 contests at John Paul Jones Arena.
Jeff White: Johnson Eager to Make Mark as Cavalier
M. Basketball | 08/23/2017
The addition of graduate student Nigel Johnson, who averaged 11.3 points for Rutgers last season,...
Jeff White: Newcomers Settling In At UVA
M. Basketball | 06/30/2017
Head coach Tony Bennett's scholarship players for 2017-18 include two freshmen: guard Marco...
- Online Stores