Nov. 19, 2012
• Virginia shot 100% from the free throw line (11-11) for the first time this season after accomplishing the feat a school-record three times last season
• The Cavaliers held an opponent under 50 points for the third time this season and the 21st time in the Tony Bennett era
• Virginia is 20-1 when holding opponents under 50 points during the Bennett era
• Virginia held Lamar to 18 first-half points, the second consecutive game it has held an opponent under 20 points at halftime (first time holding back-to-back opponents under 20 first-half points since Drexel and Drake in the fourth and fifth games of last season)
• The Cavaliers’ eight blocks are the most in the Tony Bennett era and the most by the team since 10 blocks at Virginia Tech on Jan. 10, 2009
• Akil Mitchell (10 pts) has scored in double figures every game this season
• Joe Harris (17 pts) led the Cavaliers in scoring for the fourth time in five games this season
• Teven Jones made his first career start
• Jones was Virginia’s fifth different freshman starter this season
Player Career Highs
• Paul Jesperson scored a career-high nine points
• Jesperson tied a career high with five rebounds
Road Tests Await 'HoosMen's Basketball1/22/17No. 16 UVA, which beat Georgia Tech at JPJ on Saturday, is on the road Tuesday against No. 15 Notre Dame and next Sunday against No. 1 Villanova.Perseverance Paying Off for SchanyWrestling1/21/17Redshirt sophomore Will Schany is the starting 184-pounder for No. 25 Virginia, which meets No. 6 Virginia Tech at 4 p.m. Sunday in Blacksburg.Selflessness Marks Cavaliers' Latest WinMen's Basketball1/19/17In its latest road victory, a 71-54 conquest of Boston College, No. 16 Virginia recorded assists on 22 of its 27 field goals Wednesday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Stern Tests Await 'Hoos on Road
M. Basketball | 1/22/2017
No. 16 UVA, which beat Georgia Tech at JPJ on Saturday, plays Tuesday night at No. 15 Notre Dame ...
No. 16 Virginia tops Georgia Tech 62-49
M. Basketball | 1/21/2017
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) Marial Shayok scored a career-best 19 points and No. 16 Virginia used a...
No. 16 Virginia Hosts Georgia Tech on Saturday
M. Basketball | 1/20/2017
No. 16 Virginia (14-3, 4-2 ACC) hosts Georgia Tech (11-7, 3-3 ACC) in ACC men’s basketball ...
Jeff White: Selflessness Marks Cavaliers' Latest Win
M. Basketball | 1/19/2017
In its latest road victory, a 71-54 conquest of Boston College, No. 16 Virginia recorded assists ...
No. 16 UVA Cruises to 71-54 Win Over Boston College
M. Basketball | 1/18/2017
Devon Hall scored 13 points and Isaiah Wilkins had 11 points and nine rebounds before heading...
No. 16 Cavaliers Play at BC on Wednesday
M. Basketball | 1/17/2017
No. 16 Virginia (13-3, 3-2 ACC) travels to Boston College (9-9, 2-3 ACC) for an ACC men’s...
Jeff Jones Declared Academically Ineligible
M. Basketball | 01/17/2017
Virginia senior forward Jeff Jones has been declared academically ineligible for the spring...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Find Winning Formula on Road
M. Basketball | 01/14/2017
Led by guards London Perrantes and Marial Shayok, No. 19 Virginia beat ACC rival Clemson 77-73 at...
- Online Stores