Nov. 20, 2016
Virginia vs. Yale
- UVA held Yale to 38 points in the game. It was the 16th time under Tony Bennett that Virginia has held its opponent to less than 40 points and the second time this season.
- Virginia had a 25-5 run over the final 15:01 minutes in the second half, including going 16-0 over 8:10
- Eight different players scored in the game, with seven of those scoring in the first half
- Virginia finished the game 8-for-9 from the free throw line, starting 7-for-7
- After starting the game 3-of-15 from the field, Virginia finished the first half 7-of-11 including 3-of-5 from three-point range
- The Cavaliers held Yale scoreless for 7:50 in the second half
- Three players finished with double-figures points: Marial Shayok - 15, Kyle Guy - 12, Darius Thompson - 11
- Freshman guard Kyle Guy scored a career-high 12 points (FG: 3-4; 3FG: 2-3; FT: 4-4)
- Guy had his first career multi-three point game, going 2-of-3 beyond the arc
- Freshman forward Mamadi Diakite had a career-high four blocks
- Junior forward Isaiah Wilkins tied career-high with nine rebounds
- Junior guard Marial Shayok tied season-high with 15 points
- Senior guard London Perrantes had a season-high seven assists
'Hoos Rue Missed OpportunityFootball11/18/17On an afternoon when Kurt Benkert threw four touchdown passes, Virginia twice built 14-point leads before falling 44-28 to No. 2 Miami at Hard Rock Stadium.Cavalier Football Notebook -- Miami WeekFootball11/16/17Two regular-season games remain for Virginia (6-4 overall, 3-3 ACC), which plays No. 2 Miami (9-0, 6-0) at noon Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.Torres Makes Most of Learning OpportunityWomen's Soccer11/15/17Freshman Taryn Torres has scored a team-high eight goals for Virginia, which meets Pepperdine in the NCAA tourney's second round Friday night in Los Angeles.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Hunter's 23 points lifts Virginia past Monmouth 75-53
M. Basketball | 11/19/2017
Behind a pace-setting, 23 point, eight-rebound performance by redshirt-freshman Deandre Hunter, ...
Virginia Entertains Monmouth on Sunday
M. Basketball | 11/18/2017
Virginia (3-0) hosts Monmouth (2-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Sunday (No...
Guy's 29 lead Virginia past VCU, 76-67
M. Basketball | 11/17/2017
Kyle Guy scored 29 points and hit two 3-pointers in the final three minutes Friday, leading...
Virginia Plays at VCU Friday
M. Basketball | 11/16/2017
Virginia meets VCU for the first time since posting a 74-57 win over the Rams during the 2014-15 ...
Jeff White: Redshirt Freshmen Impress in Emphatic Win
M. Basketball | 11/14/2017
Jay Huff and De'Andre Hunter combined for 29 points Monday night in Virginia's 93-49 victory over...
Huff Shines in Debut as Virginia Rolls Austin Peay, 93-49
M. Basketball | 11/13/2017
Four players scored in double-figures for Virginia as the Cavaliers defeated Austin Peay 93-49 on...
Virginia Hosts Austin Peay on Monday Night
M. Basketball | 11/12/2017
Virginia (1-0) hosts Austin Peay (0-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Monday ...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Grind Out Win in Opener
M. Basketball | 11/10/2017
For the second straight year, UVA opened the season with a win over UNC Greensboro. This one was ...
- Online Stores