Nov. 20, 2016
Virginia vs. Yale
- UVA held Yale to 38 points in the game. It was the 16th time under Tony Bennett that Virginia has held its opponent to less than 40 points and the second time this season.
- Virginia had a 25-5 run over the final 15:01 minutes in the second half, including going 16-0 over 8:10
- Eight different players scored in the game, with seven of those scoring in the first half
- Virginia finished the game 8-for-9 from the free throw line, starting 7-for-7
- After starting the game 3-of-15 from the field, Virginia finished the first half 7-of-11 including 3-of-5 from three-point range
- The Cavaliers held Yale scoreless for 7:50 in the second half
- Three players finished with double-figures points: Marial Shayok - 15, Kyle Guy - 12, Darius Thompson - 11
- Freshman guard Kyle Guy scored a career-high 12 points (FG: 3-4; 3FG: 2-3; FT: 4-4)
- Guy had his first career multi-three point game, going 2-of-3 beyond the arc
- Freshman forward Mamadi Diakite had a career-high four blocks
- Junior forward Isaiah Wilkins tied career-high with nine rebounds
- Junior guard Marial Shayok tied season-high with 15 points
- Senior guard London Perrantes had a season-high seven assists
Cavalier Tennis Programs Joining ForcesMen's Tennis6/21/17UVA's new head tennis coaches -- Andres Pedroso for the men and Sara O'Leary for the women -- want their programs to work closely together.Catching Up With Cherie Greer BrownWomen's Lacrosse6/19/17A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time first-team All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks among the finest players in lacrosse history.European Trip Strengthens Team's BondsWomen's Soccer6/14/17The Virginia women's soccer team recently returned from a trip to Europe, where the Cavaliers played two games in France and one in Germany.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia to Host Wisconsin in 2017 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
M. Basketball | 6/8/2017
The Cavaliers and Badgers meet for the third time in the Challenge and fifth time overall. UVA is...
Jeff White: Cavalier Men's Basketball Notebook
M. Basketball | 5/16/2017
The Cavaliers are heading into their ninth season under head coach Tony Bennett, who has led them...
UVA Men’s Basketball Signs Badocchi to NLI
M. Basketball | 5/11/2017
The Virginia men's basketball program signed forward Francesco Badocchi (Milan, Italy) to a...
Huff to Tour Czech Republic and Poland with AIA
M. Basketball | 5/4/2017
Virginia redshirt freshman Jay Huff (Durham, N.C.) will embark on a 13-day competitive basketball...
Perrantes Named VaSID All-State First Team
M. Basketball | 4/20/2017
Virginia’s London Perrantes (Los Angeles) was honored by the Virginia Sports Information...
Perrantes To Compete in Reese's College All-Star Game
M. Basketball | 3/28/2017
London Perrantes has been selected by the NABC to play in the 2017 Reese's Division I College All...
Thompson Departing Virginia Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 03/23/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced March 23 that redshirt junior guard...
Shayok and Reuter Leaving UVA Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 03/22/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced Wednesday (March 22) that junior...
- Online Stores