Dec. 1, 2012
• Virginia (6-2) has now won five consecutive games
• The Cavaliers had two 20-point scorers (Joe Harris – 20, Akil Mitchell – 20) in a game for the first time since March 4, 2012 at Maryland (Mike Scott -35, Sammy Zeglinski – 20)
• Virginia led at the half for the fifth consecutive game
• After scoring under 60 points in each of their first three games, the Cavaliers have scored at least 60 points in each of the last five (all wins)
• Joe Harris (20 pts) had consecutive 20-point games for the first time in his career
• Jontel Evans (2 pts) scored for the first time this season
• Evans’ five steals are the most by a Cavalier in a game since Sammy Zeglinski had five steals vs. Florida State on Jan. 24, 2009
• Evans’ seven assists are a single-game high by a Cavalier this season
Player Career Highs
• Akil Mitchell scored a career-high 20 points
• Darion Atkins had a career-high 11 rebounds
• Atkins tied a career high with four blocked shots
• Atkins had a career-high three assists
• Jontel Evans had a career-high five steals
'Hoos Make Statement With Resounding WinFootball9/23/17On the blue turf of Albertsons Stadium, where Boise State rarely loses, Virginia rolled a 42-23 victory Friday night in a game shown on ESPN2.Dreams Coming True for Opoku at UVAMen's Soccer9/22/17Edward Opoku, a native of Ghana, is the leading scorer for No. 9 Virginia, which hosts No. 7 North Carolina on Friday night at Klöckner Stadium.Reinkensmeyer Moves Center StageFootball9/19/17Redshirt freshman Dillon Reinkensmeyer will make his third start for Virginia -- his second at center -- at Boise State on Friday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Announces Times and TV Designations for Seven Games
M. Basketball | 9/18/2017
UVA home contests vs. UNC Greensboro (Nov. 10, 7 p.m.), Austin Peay (Nov. 13, 7 p.m.), Lehigh (De...
ACC Releases UVA's 2017-18 Men's Basketball Schedule
M. Basketball | 9/7/2017
Virginia will play 30 regular-season games, including 17 contests at John Paul Jones Arena.
Jeff White: Johnson Eager to Make Mark as Cavalier
M. Basketball | 8/23/2017
The addition of graduate student Nigel Johnson, who averaged 11.3 points for Rutgers last season,...
Jeff White: Newcomers Settling In At UVA
M. Basketball | 6/30/2017
Head coach Tony Bennett's scholarship players for 2017-18 include two freshmen: guard Marco...
Brogdon Named NBA Rookie of the Year
M. Basketball | 6/26/2017
Former Virginia two-time All-American and current Milwaukee Bucks guard Malcolm Brogdon was named...
Virginia to Host Wisconsin in 2017 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
M. Basketball | 6/8/2017
The Cavaliers and Badgers meet for the third time in the Challenge and fifth time overall. UVA is...
Jeff White: Cavalier Men's Basketball Notebook
M. Basketball | 05/16/2017
The Cavaliers are heading into their ninth season under head coach Tony Bennett, who has led them...
UVA Men’s Basketball Signs Badocchi to NLI
M. Basketball | 05/11/2017
The Virginia men's basketball program signed forward Francesco Badocchi (Milan, Italy) to a...
- Online Stores