Dec. 1, 2016
Virginia Game Notes
No. 6 Virginia 63, Ohio State 61
Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2016
• This was Virginia’s sixth game with Ohio State; the series is now tied 3-3
• Virginia is now 11-6 all-time in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, including a 6-2 mark at home
• Virginia’s 16-point deficit (32-16) in the first half was its largest of the season (previous was five against Yale)
• The 16-point deficit was UVA’s largest since the Cavaliers trailed by 37 points in the second half during an 87-52 loss at Tennessee on Dec. 30, 2013
• Virginia became just the second team in the Thad Matta era (since 2005) to rally from a 15-point deficit against Ohio State; OSU is 214-2 under Matta when leading by at least 15 points (lost after holding 15-point lead on 2/12/11 against Wisconsin)
• Virginia extended its home win streak to 24 games (sixth longest in the nation), dating from Feb. 7, 2015, and has won 45 of its last 46 home contests
• UVA extended its program-record win streak at John Paul Jones Arena, dating from Feb. 7, 2015
• UVA is 142-36 in 11 seasons at JPJ, including 104-20 under Tony Bennett
• UVA trailed at the half at JPJ for the first time since a 29-28 deficit against Oakland (12/30/15)
• Ohio State’s 36-point first half marked the most points allowed by UVA in a first half this year (21 against Yale)
• UVA shot 28.6 percent (8-for-28) in the first half, its lowest output in any half this season
• UVA went on a 13-0 run spanning the first and second half, cutting a 36-22 deficit to one point
• Virginia forced OSU into 20 turnovers, an OSU season high
• Devon Hall scored a season-high 12 points, his fifth career game in double figures and one off his career high, set last season against Morgan State
• London Perrantes scored a season-high 19 points, including four 3-pointers (also a season best)
• Darius Thompson had a career-best three blocked shots
Cavaliers Looking to Build MomentumWomen's Basketball11/22/17Virginia (2-3) will play twice this weekend in the Cavalier Classic at John Paul Jones Arena: Saturday against Harvard and Sunday against Duquesne.'Hoos Eager to Seize Opportunity Friday NightFootball11/21/17At 8 p.m. Friday, in the annual battle for the Commonwealth Clash, UVA (6-5 overall, 3-4 ACC) meets Virginia Tech (8-3, 4-3) at Scott Stadium.Hunter Dazzles as 'Hoos Stay UnbeatenMen's Basketball11/19/17Behind a career-high 23 points from redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter, unbeaten Virginia defeated Monmouth 73-53 on Sunday at JPJ.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Handles Vanderbilt in NIT Tip-Off, 68-42
M. Basketball | 11/23/2017
Kyle Guy scored a game-high 18 points and Ty Jerome added a season-high 14 points as Virginia...
Virginia-Vanderbilt Clash on Thanksgiving Day
M. Basketball | 11/21/2017
Virginia (4-0) meets Vanderbilt in the semifinals of the NIT Season Tip-Off on Thanksgiving Day (...
Jeff White: Hunter Dazzles as 'Hoos Stay Unbeaten
M. Basketball | 11/19/2017
Behind a career-high 23 points from redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter, Virginia defeated Monmouth...
Hunter's 23 points lifts Virginia past Monmouth 73-53
M. Basketball | 11/19/2017
Behind a pace-setting, 23 point, eight-rebound performance by redshirt-freshman Deandre Hunter, ...
Virginia Entertains Monmouth on Sunday
M. Basketball | 11/18/2017
Virginia (3-0) hosts Monmouth (2-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Sunday (No...
Guy's 29 lead Virginia past VCU, 76-67
M. Basketball | 11/17/2017
Kyle Guy scored 29 points and hit two 3-pointers in the final three minutes Friday, leading...
Virginia Plays at VCU Friday
M. Basketball | 11/16/2017
Virginia meets VCU for the first time since posting a 74-57 win over the Rams during the 2014-15 ...
Jeff White: Redshirt Freshmen Impress in Emphatic Win
M. Basketball | 11/14/2017
Jay Huff and De'Andre Hunter combined for 29 points Monday night in Virginia's 93-49 victory over...
- Online Stores