Dec. 1, 2016
Virginia Game Notes
No. 6 Virginia 63, Ohio State 61
Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2016
• This was Virginia’s sixth game with Ohio State; the series is now tied 3-3
• Virginia is now 11-6 all-time in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, including a 6-2 mark at home
• Virginia’s 16-point deficit (32-16) in the first half was its largest of the season (previous was five against Yale)
• The 16-point deficit was UVA’s largest since the Cavaliers trailed by 37 points in the second half during an 87-52 loss at Tennessee on Dec. 30, 2013
• Virginia became just the second team in the Thad Matta era (since 2005) to rally from a 15-point deficit against Ohio State; OSU is 214-2 under Matta when leading by at least 15 points (lost after holding 15-point lead on 2/12/11 against Wisconsin)
• Virginia extended its home win streak to 24 games (sixth longest in the nation), dating from Feb. 7, 2015, and has won 45 of its last 46 home contests
• UVA extended its program-record win streak at John Paul Jones Arena, dating from Feb. 7, 2015
• UVA is 142-36 in 11 seasons at JPJ, including 104-20 under Tony Bennett
• UVA trailed at the half at JPJ for the first time since a 29-28 deficit against Oakland (12/30/15)
• Ohio State’s 36-point first half marked the most points allowed by UVA in a first half this year (21 against Yale)
• UVA shot 28.6 percent (8-for-28) in the first half, its lowest output in any half this season
• UVA went on a 13-0 run spanning the first and second half, cutting a 36-22 deficit to one point
• Virginia forced OSU into 20 turnovers, an OSU season high
• Devon Hall scored a season-high 12 points, his fifth career game in double figures and one off his career high, set last season against Morgan State
• London Perrantes scored a season-high 19 points, including four 3-pointers (also a season best)
• Darius Thompson had a career-best three blocked shots
Mueller Shining for Surging CavaliersWomen's Lacrosse3/29/17Freshman midfielder Sammy Mueller is the second-leading scorer for No. 15 Virginia, which hosts Oregon on Wednesday night at Klöckner Stadium.Cook Ready To Make Up For Lost TimeFootball3/27/17After missing last season with a heart condition, UVA outside linebacker Malcolm Cook has been cleared to play again.Offensive Line Looking to Raise Its GameFootball3/24/17Guard Jack McDonald and tackle Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia, which starts spring practice Tuesday.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Perrantes To Compete in Reese’s College All-Star Game
M. Basketball | 3/28/2017
London Perrantes has been selected by the NABC to play in the 2017 Reese's Division I College All...
Thompson Departing Virginia Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 3/23/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced March 23 that redshirt junior guard...
Shayok and Reuter Leaving UVA Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 3/22/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced Wednesday (March 22) that junior...
Perrantes Named to NABC All-District 2 Second Team
M. Basketball | 3/22/2017
Virginia senior point guard London Perrantes was named to the NABC All-District 2 second team,...
Jeff White: Successful Season Ends on Excruciating Note
M. Basketball | 3/19/2017
Virginia's fourth consecutive appearance in the NCAA tournament ended with a 65-39 second-round...
Virginia Falls to Florida 65-39 in Second Round of the NCAAs
M. Basketball | 3/18/2017
Devin Robinson had 14 points and 11 rebounds, the fifth double-double of his career, and No. 4 ...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Hoping For Another Lift From Thompson
M. Basketball | 03/18/2017
In his first start since Dec. 31, Darius Thompson played a team-high 34 minutes Thursday in...
No. 5 Seed UVA Battles No. 4 Seed Florida on Saturday
M. Basketball | 03/17/2017
No. 5 seed Virginia plays No. 4 seed Florida in the second round of the NCAA Tournament on Sat., ...
- Online Stores