Dec. 1, 2016
Virginia Game Notes
No. 6 Virginia 63, Ohio State 61
Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2016
• This was Virginia’s sixth game with Ohio State; the series is now tied 3-3
• Virginia is now 11-6 all-time in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge, including a 6-2 mark at home
• Virginia’s 16-point deficit (32-16) in the first half was its largest of the season (previous was five against Yale)
• The 16-point deficit was UVA’s largest since the Cavaliers trailed by 37 points in the second half during an 87-52 loss at Tennessee on Dec. 30, 2013
• Virginia became just the second team in the Thad Matta era (since 2005) to rally from a 15-point deficit against Ohio State; OSU is 214-2 under Matta when leading by at least 15 points (lost after holding 15-point lead on 2/12/11 against Wisconsin)
• Virginia extended its home win streak to 24 games (sixth longest in the nation), dating from Feb. 7, 2015, and has won 45 of its last 46 home contests
• UVA extended its program-record win streak at John Paul Jones Arena, dating from Feb. 7, 2015
• UVA is 142-36 in 11 seasons at JPJ, including 104-20 under Tony Bennett
• UVA trailed at the half at JPJ for the first time since a 29-28 deficit against Oakland (12/30/15)
• Ohio State’s 36-point first half marked the most points allowed by UVA in a first half this year (21 against Yale)
• UVA shot 28.6 percent (8-for-28) in the first half, its lowest output in any half this season
• UVA went on a 13-0 run spanning the first and second half, cutting a 36-22 deficit to one point
• Virginia forced OSU into 20 turnovers, an OSU season high
• Devon Hall scored a season-high 12 points, his fifth career game in double figures and one off his career high, set last season against Morgan State
• London Perrantes scored a season-high 19 points, including four 3-pointers (also a season best)
• Darius Thompson had a career-best three blocked shots
Cavalier Tennis Programs Joining ForcesMen's Tennis6/21/17UVA's new head tennis coaches -- Andres Pedroso for the men and Sara O'Leary for the women -- want their programs to work closely together.Catching Up With Cherie Greer BrownWomen's Lacrosse6/19/17A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time first-team All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks among the finest players in lacrosse history.European Trip Strengthens Team's BondsWomen's Soccer6/14/17The Virginia women's soccer team recently returned from a trip to Europe, where the Cavaliers played two games in France and one in Germany.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia to Host Wisconsin in 2017 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
M. Basketball | 6/8/2017
The Cavaliers and Badgers meet for the third time in the Challenge and fifth time overall. UVA is...
Jeff White: Cavalier Men's Basketball Notebook
M. Basketball | 5/16/2017
The Cavaliers are heading into their ninth season under head coach Tony Bennett, who has led them...
UVA Men’s Basketball Signs Badocchi to NLI
M. Basketball | 5/11/2017
The Virginia men's basketball program signed forward Francesco Badocchi (Milan, Italy) to a...
Huff to Tour Czech Republic and Poland with AIA
M. Basketball | 5/4/2017
Virginia redshirt freshman Jay Huff (Durham, N.C.) will embark on a 13-day competitive basketball...
Perrantes Named VaSID All-State First Team
M. Basketball | 4/20/2017
Virginia’s London Perrantes (Los Angeles) was honored by the Virginia Sports Information...
Perrantes To Compete in Reese's College All-Star Game
M. Basketball | 3/28/2017
London Perrantes has been selected by the NABC to play in the 2017 Reese's Division I College All...
Thompson Departing Virginia Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 03/23/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced March 23 that redshirt junior guard...
Shayok and Reuter Leaving UVA Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 03/22/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced Wednesday (March 22) that junior...
- Online Stores