Dec. 3, 2016
Virginia Game Notes
No. 25 West Virginia 66, No. 6 Virginia 57
Saturday, Dec. 3, 2016
• Virginia is 9-9 in the all-time series with West Virginia
• This was UVA’s first game against a ranked team this season
• Virginia had its home win streak snapped at 24 games (sixth longest in the nation), dating from Feb. 7, 2015
• The loss also broke the program-record win streak at John Paul Jones Arena
• UVA is 142-37 in 11 seasons at JPJ, including 104-21 under Tony Bennett
• WVU’s 24 points in the first half marked its fewest points in any half this season; the Mountaineers’ 66 points was 28 below its season average of 94.7
• UVA committed a season-high 14 turnovers. UVA’s high was 11 against UNCG and Grambling State.
• It still was the fewest turnovers by a WVU opponent this season (Temple, 19)
• Darius Thompson scored a UVA-high 14 points (previous 12 vs. Grambling State); his career high is 16, set while playing at Tennessee
• Thompson matched a career high by hitting three 3-pointers
• London Perrantes tied a season high with seven assists
• Devon Hall was the first Cavalier to foul out this season
'Hoos Rue Missed OpportunityFootball11/18/17On an afternoon when Kurt Benkert threw four touchdown passes, Virginia twice built 14-point leads before falling 44-28 to No. 2 Miami at Hard Rock Stadium.Cavalier Football Notebook -- Miami WeekFootball11/16/17Two regular-season games remain for Virginia (6-4 overall, 3-3 ACC), which plays No. 2 Miami (9-0, 6-0) at noon Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.Torres Makes Most of Learning OpportunityWomen's Soccer11/15/17Freshman Taryn Torres has scored a team-high eight goals for Virginia, which meets Pepperdine in the NCAA tourney's second round Friday night in Los Angeles.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Hunter's 23 points lifts Virginia past Monmouth 75-53
M. Basketball | 11/19/2017
Behind a pace-setting, 23 point, eight-rebound performance by redshirt-freshman Deandre Hunter, ...
Virginia Entertains Monmouth on Sunday
M. Basketball | 11/18/2017
Virginia (3-0) hosts Monmouth (2-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Sunday (No...
Guy's 29 lead Virginia past VCU, 76-67
M. Basketball | 11/17/2017
Kyle Guy scored 29 points and hit two 3-pointers in the final three minutes Friday, leading...
Virginia Plays at VCU Friday
M. Basketball | 11/16/2017
Virginia meets VCU for the first time since posting a 74-57 win over the Rams during the 2014-15 ...
Jeff White: Redshirt Freshmen Impress in Emphatic Win
M. Basketball | 11/14/2017
Jay Huff and De'Andre Hunter combined for 29 points Monday night in Virginia's 93-49 victory over...
Huff Shines in Debut as Virginia Rolls Austin Peay, 93-49
M. Basketball | 11/13/2017
Four players scored in double-figures for Virginia as the Cavaliers defeated Austin Peay 93-49 on...
Virginia Hosts Austin Peay on Monday Night
M. Basketball | 11/12/2017
Virginia (1-0) hosts Austin Peay (0-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Monday ...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Grind Out Win in Opener
M. Basketball | 11/10/2017
For the second straight year, UVA opened the season with a win over UNC Greensboro. This one was ...
- Online Stores