Dec. 6, 2016
Virginia Game Notes
No. 14 Virginia 76, East Carolina 53
Wednesday, Dec. 6, 2016
• Virginia is 2-0 in the all-time series with East Carolina
• UVA is 143-37 in 11 seasons at JPJ, including 105-21 under Tony Bennett
• UVA’s 42 points scored in the first half were scored by a combination of eight different players
• Virginia’s 22-point lead at halftime marked the seventh time the team has entered the break holding a double-digit lead
• UVA’s eight 3-point field goals in the first half were the most of any half this season for the Cavaliers
• UVA recorded assists on its first 18 field goals in the game
• Virginia’s 30 field goals on the game came from 22 assists
• Five Virginia players scored in double-figures (Guy – 13, Perrantes -12, Shayok - 12, Diakite – 12, Reuter - 10), marking a season-high. The last time UVA had five players in double-figures was against Long Beach State on Nov. 20, 2015
• UVA’s bench accounted for 47 points, second most of the season (Grambling State, 61)
• Redshirt sophomore forward Jack Salt matched a career high with eight points
• Redshirt junior guard Darius Thompson set a season high with six assists
• Redshirt freshman forward Mamadi Diakite recorded a career-high 12 points
• Junior forward Isaiah Wilkins matched a season high with three assists
• Freshman guard Kyle Guy tallied four assists, setting a career high
Cavalier Tennis Programs Joining ForcesMen's Tennis6/21/17UVA's new head tennis coaches -- Andres Pedroso for the men and Sara O'Leary for the women -- want their programs to work closely together.Catching Up With Cherie Greer BrownWomen's Lacrosse6/19/17A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time first-team All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks among the finest players in lacrosse history.European Trip Strengthens Team's BondsWomen's Soccer6/14/17The Virginia women's soccer team recently returned from a trip to Europe, where the Cavaliers played two games in France and one in Germany.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Brogdon Named NBA Rookie of the Year
M. Basketball | 6/26/2017
Former Virginia two-time All-American and current Milwaukee Bucks guard Malcolm Brogdon was named...
Virginia to Host Wisconsin in 2017 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
M. Basketball | 6/8/2017
The Cavaliers and Badgers meet for the third time in the Challenge and fifth time overall. UVA is...
Jeff White: Cavalier Men's Basketball Notebook
M. Basketball | 5/16/2017
The Cavaliers are heading into their ninth season under head coach Tony Bennett, who has led them...
UVA Men’s Basketball Signs Badocchi to NLI
M. Basketball | 5/11/2017
The Virginia men's basketball program signed forward Francesco Badocchi (Milan, Italy) to a...
Huff to Tour Czech Republic and Poland with AIA
M. Basketball | 5/4/2017
Virginia redshirt freshman Jay Huff (Durham, N.C.) will embark on a 13-day competitive basketball...
Perrantes Named VaSID All-State First Team
M. Basketball | 4/20/2017
Virginia’s London Perrantes (Los Angeles) was honored by the Virginia Sports Information...
Perrantes To Compete in Reese's College All-Star Game
M. Basketball | 03/28/2017
London Perrantes has been selected by the NABC to play in the 2017 Reese's Division I College All...
Thompson Departing Virginia Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 03/23/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced March 23 that redshirt junior guard...
- Online Stores