Dec. 8, 2012
• Virginia allowed under 40 points for the second straight game, the first time the Cavaliers have allowed under 40 in consecutive games since 1948-49 (38 by Langley Field, 39 by Richmond Royals)
• Mississippi Valley State’s 19 percent (11-58) from the floor is the lowest percentage ever by a Virginia opponent (previous record was by UNLV, 22.4%, 13-58, on Jan. 3, 1994)
• MVSU’s 19 percent is the second lowest FG% this season by a Division I team (North Carolina A&T shot 15.2% in a 93-39 loss at Cincinnati on Nov. 18)
• The Delta Devils’ 11 field goals tie the record for fewest by a Virginia opponent (James Madison, 11-41, on Dec. 1, 1982)
• Virginia held Mississippi Valley State to 17 second-half points, marking the fifth time this season the Cavaliers have held an opponent under 20 points in a half
• The Cavaliers held an opponent under 40 points for the fifth time in the Tony Bennett era
• Virginia held an opponent under 50 points for the fifth time this year (5-0) and the 23rd time in the Tony Bennett era (22-1)
• Virginia played a SWAC opponent for the first time in 11 seasons and the second time overall (def. Grambling 112-67 on Dec. 30, 2001)
• Virginia won its seventh consecutive game
• Akil Mitchell (20 pts) has scored in double figures in nine of 10 games this season
• Mitchell had the second 20-point game of his career
• Caid Kirven made his collegiate debut
• Doug Browman saw action for the first time in five games, Taylor Barnette saw action for the first time in four games and Thomas Rogers saw action for the first time in five games
Player Career Highs
• Akil Mitchell tied a career high with 20 points
• Akil Mitchell had a career-high four steals
• Darion Atkins tied a career high with 14 points
• Justin Anderson had a career-high 15 points and a career-high nine rebounds
• Joe Harris had a career-high six assists
• Taylor Barnette tied a career high with four assists
• Mike Tobey had a career-high three blocks
Cunningham Thriving With Super Bowl ChampsFootball2/23/18No. 1 Cavaliers Reach Another MilestoneMen's Basketball2/22/18New Era Begins for Davenport FieldBaseball2/21/18
Director of News Content
No. 1 Virginia Travels to Pitt Saturday
M. Basketball | 2/23/2018
Top-ranked Virginia (25-2, 14-1 ACC) travels to Pitt on Saturday, Feb. 24. Tipoff at Petersen...
Jeff White: No. 1 Cavaliers Reach Another Milestone
M. Basketball | 2/22/2018
Top-ranked Virginia clinched the No. 1 seed in the ACC tournament Tuesday night with a hard-earne...
Jerome leads No. 1 Virginia past Georgia Tech, 65-54
M. Basketball | 2/21/2018
Ty Jerome scored 18 points and top-ranked Virginia held off depleted Georgia Tech 65-54 on...
Top-Ranked Virginia Hosts Georgia Tech Wednesday
M. Basketball | 2/20/2018
Top-ranked Virginia (24-2, 13-1 ACC) hosts Georgia Tech on Wednesday, Feb. 21. Tipoff at John...
Hunter Named Co-ACC Rookie of the Week
M. Basketball | 2/19/2018
Virginia redshirt freshman guard De'Andre Hunter has been voted the ACC Men's Basketball Co-Rooki...
Jeff White: Hard-Earned Break Next for No. 1 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 2/14/2018
No. 1 Virginia, which defeated ACC rival Miami 59-50 late Tuesday night in Coral Gables, Fla.,...
No. 1 Virginia beats Miami 59-50
M. Basketball | 02/13/2018
No. 1 Virginia looked the part Tuesday, never trailing and holding Miami to 38 percent shooting...
Top-Ranked Virginia Plays at Miami Tuesday
M. Basketball | 02/12/2018
No. 1 Virginia (23-2, 12-1 ACC) plays at Miami (18-6, 7-5 ACC) on Tuesday, Feb. 13. Tipoff at...
- Online Stores