Dec. 17, 2016
Virginia Game Notes
No. 13 Virginia 79, Robert Morris 39
Saturday, Dec. 17, 2016
- Virginia is 2-0 in the all-time series with Robert Morris and 11-0 against current Northeast Conference opponents
- UVA is 144-37 in 11 seasons at JPJ, including 106-21 under Tony Bennett
- UVA held RMU scoreless for spans of over four minutes, 30 seconds on three occasions - twice in the first half and for 5:35 in the second half
- UVA has now held opponents to a scoreless drought of five-plus minutes nine times this year
- Robert Morris scored 18 points in the first half, its fewest in any half this season
- UVA has held opponents to fewer than 20 points in a half on seven occasions this season
- Virginia has held four opponents this season to fewer than 40 points
- UVA is 18-0 when holding opponents to fewer than 40 points under Bennett
- Virginia's 14-point lead at halftime marked the eighth time this year the Cavaliers have entered the break holding a double-digit lead
- UVA out-rebounded Robert Morris, 38-22, the eighth time in 10 games that the Cavaliers have out-rebounded their opponents; UVA has not been out-rebounded this season (tied in rebounds vs. Ohio State and West Virginia)
- RMU scored its fewest points in seven seasons under head coach Andrew Toole (previous low was 40 earlier this season at Kansas State)
- Robert Morris did not score a field goal in the final 6:51 of the game
- London Perrantes made his 110th career start, tying with four others for 10th in Virginia history
- Devon Hall matched a career high with 13 points and also had a season-high five rebounds; he also had 13 points in the 2015-16 season opener against Morgan State (11/13/15)
- Jack Salt scored a career-high 10 points; his previous high was eight on two occasions, including UVA's last game against East Carolina
- Isaiah Wilkins dished out a career-high six assists; his previous high was five against Pitt on Feb. 6, 2016
- Ty Jerome recorded a season high with six assists (5 vs. Grambling State)
Cavaliers Looking to Build MomentumWomen's Basketball11/22/17Virginia (2-3) will play twice this weekend in the Cavalier Classic at John Paul Jones Arena: Saturday against Harvard and Sunday against Duquesne.'Hoos Eager to Seize Opportunity Friday NightFootball11/21/17At 8 p.m. Friday, in the annual battle for the Commonwealth Clash, UVA (6-5 overall, 3-4 ACC) meets Virginia Tech (8-3, 4-3) at Scott Stadium.Hunter Dazzles as 'Hoos Stay UnbeatenMen's Basketball11/19/17Behind a career-high 23 points from redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter, unbeaten Virginia defeated Monmouth 73-53 on Sunday at JPJ.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia-Vanderbilt Clash on Thanksgiving Day
M. Basketball | 11/21/2017
Virginia (4-0) meets Vanderbilt in the semifinals of the NIT Season Tip-Off on Thanksgiving Day (...
Jeff White: Hunter Dazzles as 'Hoos Stay Unbeaten
M. Basketball | 11/19/2017
Behind a career-high 23 points from redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter, Virginia defeated Monmouth...
Hunter's 23 points lifts Virginia past Monmouth 73-53
M. Basketball | 11/19/2017
Behind a pace-setting, 23 point, eight-rebound performance by redshirt-freshman Deandre Hunter, ...
Virginia Entertains Monmouth on Sunday
M. Basketball | 11/18/2017
Virginia (3-0) hosts Monmouth (2-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Sunday (No...
Guy's 29 lead Virginia past VCU, 76-67
M. Basketball | 11/17/2017
Kyle Guy scored 29 points and hit two 3-pointers in the final three minutes Friday, leading...
Virginia Plays at VCU Friday
M. Basketball | 11/16/2017
Virginia meets VCU for the first time since posting a 74-57 win over the Rams during the 2014-15 ...
Jeff White: Redshirt Freshmen Impress in Emphatic Win
M. Basketball | 11/14/2017
Jay Huff and De'Andre Hunter combined for 29 points Monday night in Virginia's 93-49 victory over...
Huff Shines in Debut as Virginia Rolls Austin Peay, 93-49
M. Basketball | 11/13/2017
Four players scored in double-figures for Virginia as the Cavaliers defeated Austin Peay 93-49 on...
- Online Stores