Dec. 17, 2016
Virginia Game Notes
No. 13 Virginia 79, Robert Morris 39
Saturday, Dec. 17, 2016
- Virginia is 2-0 in the all-time series with Robert Morris and 11-0 against current Northeast Conference opponents
- UVA is 144-37 in 11 seasons at JPJ, including 106-21 under Tony Bennett
- UVA held RMU scoreless for spans of over four minutes, 30 seconds on three occasions - twice in the first half and for 5:35 in the second half
- UVA has now held opponents to a scoreless drought of five-plus minutes nine times this year
- Robert Morris scored 18 points in the first half, its fewest in any half this season
- UVA has held opponents to fewer than 20 points in a half on seven occasions this season
- Virginia has held four opponents this season to fewer than 40 points
- UVA is 18-0 when holding opponents to fewer than 40 points under Bennett
- Virginia's 14-point lead at halftime marked the eighth time this year the Cavaliers have entered the break holding a double-digit lead
- UVA out-rebounded Robert Morris, 38-22, the eighth time in 10 games that the Cavaliers have out-rebounded their opponents; UVA has not been out-rebounded this season (tied in rebounds vs. Ohio State and West Virginia)
- RMU scored its fewest points in seven seasons under head coach Andrew Toole (previous low was 40 earlier this season at Kansas State)
- Robert Morris did not score a field goal in the final 6:51 of the game
- London Perrantes made his 110th career start, tying with four others for 10th in Virginia history
- Devon Hall matched a career high with 13 points and also had a season-high five rebounds; he also had 13 points in the 2015-16 season opener against Morgan State (11/13/15)
- Jack Salt scored a career-high 10 points; his previous high was eight on two occasions, including UVA's last game against East Carolina
- Isaiah Wilkins dished out a career-high six assists; his previous high was five against Pitt on Feb. 6, 2016
- Ty Jerome recorded a season high with six assists (5 vs. Grambling State)
Cavalier Tennis Programs Joining ForcesMen's Tennis6/21/17UVA's new head tennis coaches -- Andres Pedroso for the men and Sara O'Leary for the women -- want their programs to work closely together.Catching Up With Cherie Greer BrownWomen's Lacrosse6/19/17A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time first-team All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks among the finest players in lacrosse history.European Trip Strengthens Team's BondsWomen's Soccer6/14/17The Virginia women's soccer team recently returned from a trip to Europe, where the Cavaliers played two games in France and one in Germany.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Brogdon Named NBA Rookie of the Year
M. Basketball | 6/26/2017
Former Virginia two-time All-American and current Milwaukee Bucks guard Malcolm Brogdon was named...
Virginia to Host Wisconsin in 2017 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
M. Basketball | 6/8/2017
The Cavaliers and Badgers meet for the third time in the Challenge and fifth time overall. UVA is...
Jeff White: Cavalier Men's Basketball Notebook
M. Basketball | 5/16/2017
The Cavaliers are heading into their ninth season under head coach Tony Bennett, who has led them...
UVA Men’s Basketball Signs Badocchi to NLI
M. Basketball | 5/11/2017
The Virginia men's basketball program signed forward Francesco Badocchi (Milan, Italy) to a...
Huff to Tour Czech Republic and Poland with AIA
M. Basketball | 5/4/2017
Virginia redshirt freshman Jay Huff (Durham, N.C.) will embark on a 13-day competitive basketball...
Perrantes Named VaSID All-State First Team
M. Basketball | 4/20/2017
Virginia’s London Perrantes (Los Angeles) was honored by the Virginia Sports Information...
Perrantes To Compete in Reese's College All-Star Game
M. Basketball | 03/28/2017
London Perrantes has been selected by the NABC to play in the 2017 Reese's Division I College All...
Thompson Departing Virginia Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 03/23/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced March 23 that redshirt junior guard...
- Online Stores