Dec. 19, 2012
• Virginia improved to 2-0 all-time against Morgan State and 19-0 all-time against Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference opponents
• Virginia is 7-0 when scoring 60 or more points this season
• Virginia extended its winning streak to eight games with the win
• Darion Atkins led four Virginia players in double figures with a career-high 17 points
• Akil Mitchell recorded his fifth double-double of the season (15 pts, 12 rebs)
• Morgan State’s DeWayne Jackson (32 pts) was the first opponent player to score 30 or more points vs. Virginia since Greivis Vasquez (Maryland, 30 pts, 2/15/10)
Player Career Highs
• Darion Atkins scored a career-high 17 points
• Akil Mitchell had a career-high seven assists
• Paul Jesperson scored a career-high 11 points
• Darion Atkins had a career-high three steals
• Teven Jones had a career-high three steals
John Paul Jones Arena Records
• DeWayne Jackson’s 19 first-half points were an opponent player record
• Jackson tied the record for most points scored by an opponent player (32 pts, last by Talor Battle, Penn State, 11/30/09)
Summer Buildup Begins in EarnestMen's Basketball6/28/16The Virginia men's basketball team, which will travel to Spain in August, held its first practice of the summer Tuesday at JPJ.O'Leary Takes Unusual Path to OlympicsWomen's Rowing6/27/16Meghan O'Leary, who played softball and volleyball at UVA, will represent the United States in rowing at the Olympics this summer.Tiffany Plans to Push Pace at UVAMen's Lacrosse6/21/16New men's lacrosse coach Lars Tiffany comes to Virginia from Brown, which went 16-3 and led the nation in scoring this season.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Summer Buildup Begins in Earnest
M. Basketball | 6/28/2016
The Cavaliers, who will travel to Spain in August, held their first practice of the summer...
Brogdon Selected by Milwaukee in 2016 NBA Draft
M. Basketball | 6/23/2016
Former Virginia two-time All-American Malcolm Brogdon (Atlanta, Ga.) was selected by the...
Brogdon Named to USA Men’s Select Team
M. Basketball | 6/7/2016
Former Virginia two-time All-American Malcolm Brogdon (Atlanta, Ga.) is one of 25 players chosen ...
Virginia to Host Ohio State in 2016 ACC/Big Ten Challenge
M. Basketball | 5/24/2016
Virginia will host Ohio State in the 18th ACC/Big Ten Challenge on Wednesday, Nov. 30. This year'...
Jeff White: Checking In With Justin Anderson
M. Basketball | 5/18/2016
Former UVA star Justin Anderson, who recently completed his rookie season with the NBA's Mavs,...
Malcolm Brogdon and Leah Smith UVA's Top Athletes
M. Basketball | 5/4/2016
Malcolm Brogdon (men's basketball) and Leah Smith (women's swimming) were honored as Virginia's...
Bennett, Brogdon and Gill Honored by VaSID
M. Basketball | 04/22/2016
Virginia's Tony Bennett, Malcolm Brogdon (Atlanta, Ga.) and Anthony Gill (High Point, N.C.) were ...
Brogdon Adds Senior CLASS First-Team Honor
M. Basketball | 04/01/2016
Virginia's Malcolm Brogdon (Atlanta, Ga.) was named to the 2015-16 Senior CLASS All-America first...
- Online Stores