Dec. 31, 2016
Virginia Game Notes
No. 20 Florida State 60, No. 12 Virginia 58
Saturday, Dec. 31, 2016
• Virginia is 23-24 all-time against Florida State (won five of last seven)
• UVA is 144-38 in 11 seasons at JPJ, including 106-22 under Tony Bennett
• UVA lost for just the second time in its last 37 ACC home games
• UVA lost its home ACC opener for the first time since Jan. 8, 2011, against North Carolina
• UVA is 1-2 against ranked opponents this season and 23-25 in the Tony Bennett era
• UVA was out-rebounded for the second time this season (at Cal)
• FSU scored a season low 60 points; the Seminoles’ previous low was 67 against George Washington (12/4)
• FSU’s Dwayne Bacon scored 29 points, most by an opponent against UVA this season; Providence’s Jalen Lindsey scored 18 points on Nov. 26 at the Emerald Coast Classic
• FSU hit 8-of-15 3-point attempts; Providence (8-16) is the only other team to shoot 50 percent or better against from 3-point range UVA this year
• London Perrantes made his 113th career start, moving into sole possession of ninth place on the all-time UVA ledger
• Marial Shayok scored 10 points and reached double figures for the fifth time this year and for the third time in his career against an ACC opponent
• London Perrantes recorded four assists and now has 499 career assists
• Kyle Guy scored 14 points, his sixth game in double figures this year
Cavalier Tennis Programs Joining ForcesMen's Tennis6/21/17UVA's new head tennis coaches -- Andres Pedroso for the men and Sara O'Leary for the women -- want their programs to work closely together.Catching Up With Cherie Greer BrownWomen's Lacrosse6/19/17A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time first-team All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks among the finest players in lacrosse history.European Trip Strengthens Team's BondsWomen's Soccer6/14/17The Virginia women's soccer team recently returned from a trip to Europe, where the Cavaliers played two games in France and one in Germany.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia to Host Wisconsin in 2017 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
M. Basketball | 6/8/2017
The Cavaliers and Badgers meet for the third time in the Challenge and fifth time overall. UVA is...
Jeff White: Cavalier Men's Basketball Notebook
M. Basketball | 5/16/2017
The Cavaliers are heading into their ninth season under head coach Tony Bennett, who has led them...
UVA Men’s Basketball Signs Badocchi to NLI
M. Basketball | 5/11/2017
The Virginia men's basketball program signed forward Francesco Badocchi (Milan, Italy) to a...
Huff to Tour Czech Republic and Poland with AIA
M. Basketball | 5/4/2017
Virginia redshirt freshman Jay Huff (Durham, N.C.) will embark on a 13-day competitive basketball...
Perrantes Named VaSID All-State First Team
M. Basketball | 4/20/2017
Virginia’s London Perrantes (Los Angeles) was honored by the Virginia Sports Information...
Perrantes To Compete in Reese's College All-Star Game
M. Basketball | 3/28/2017
London Perrantes has been selected by the NABC to play in the 2017 Reese's Division I College All...
Thompson Departing Virginia Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 03/23/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced March 23 that redshirt junior guard...
Shayok and Reuter Leaving UVA Men's Basketball Program
M. Basketball | 03/22/2017
Virginia men's basketball head coach Tony Bennett announced Wednesday (March 22) that junior...
- Online Stores