Dec. 31, 2016
Virginia Game Notes
No. 20 Florida State 60, No. 12 Virginia 58
Saturday, Dec. 31, 2016
• Virginia is 23-24 all-time against Florida State (won five of last seven)
• UVA is 144-38 in 11 seasons at JPJ, including 106-22 under Tony Bennett
• UVA lost for just the second time in its last 37 ACC home games
• UVA lost its home ACC opener for the first time since Jan. 8, 2011, against North Carolina
• UVA is 1-2 against ranked opponents this season and 23-25 in the Tony Bennett era
• UVA was out-rebounded for the second time this season (at Cal)
• FSU scored a season low 60 points; the Seminoles’ previous low was 67 against George Washington (12/4)
• FSU’s Dwayne Bacon scored 29 points, most by an opponent against UVA this season; Providence’s Jalen Lindsey scored 18 points on Nov. 26 at the Emerald Coast Classic
• FSU hit 8-of-15 3-point attempts; Providence (8-16) is the only other team to shoot 50 percent or better against from 3-point range UVA this year
• London Perrantes made his 113th career start, moving into sole possession of ninth place on the all-time UVA ledger
• Marial Shayok scored 10 points and reached double figures for the fifth time this year and for the third time in his career against an ACC opponent
• London Perrantes recorded four assists and now has 499 career assists
• Kyle Guy scored 14 points, his sixth game in double figures this year
'Hoos Rue Missed OpportunityFootball11/18/17On an afternoon when Kurt Benkert threw four touchdown passes, Virginia twice built 14-point leads before falling 44-28 to No. 2 Miami at Hard Rock Stadium.Cavalier Football Notebook -- Miami WeekFootball11/16/17Two regular-season games remain for Virginia (6-4 overall, 3-3 ACC), which plays No. 2 Miami (9-0, 6-0) at noon Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.Torres Makes Most of Learning OpportunityWomen's Soccer11/15/17Freshman Taryn Torres has scored a team-high eight goals for Virginia, which meets Pepperdine in the NCAA tourney's second round Friday night in Los Angeles.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Hunter's 23 points lifts Virginia past Monmouth 75-53
M. Basketball | 11/19/2017
Behind a pace-setting, 23 point, eight-rebound performance by redshirt-freshman Deandre Hunter, ...
Virginia Entertains Monmouth on Sunday
M. Basketball | 11/18/2017
Virginia (3-0) hosts Monmouth (2-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Sunday (No...
Guy's 29 lead Virginia past VCU, 76-67
M. Basketball | 11/17/2017
Kyle Guy scored 29 points and hit two 3-pointers in the final three minutes Friday, leading...
Virginia Plays at VCU Friday
M. Basketball | 11/16/2017
Virginia meets VCU for the first time since posting a 74-57 win over the Rams during the 2014-15 ...
Jeff White: Redshirt Freshmen Impress in Emphatic Win
M. Basketball | 11/14/2017
Jay Huff and De'Andre Hunter combined for 29 points Monday night in Virginia's 93-49 victory over...
Huff Shines in Debut as Virginia Rolls Austin Peay, 93-49
M. Basketball | 11/13/2017
Four players scored in double-figures for Virginia as the Cavaliers defeated Austin Peay 93-49 on...
Virginia Hosts Austin Peay on Monday Night
M. Basketball | 11/12/2017
Virginia (1-0) hosts Austin Peay (0-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Monday ...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Grind Out Win in Opener
M. Basketball | 11/10/2017
For the second straight year, UVA opened the season with a win over UNC Greensboro. This one was ...
- Online Stores