2011-12 Virginia Basketball Postgame Notes
February 21, 2012
#25 Virginia 61, Virginia Tech 59
• Virginia improves to 17-0 this season when scoring at least 60 points
• The Cavaliers reached the 21 win mark, tied for the most wins since 1994-95 (21 wins in 2006-07)
• Virginia won its eighth ACC game of the season, most since 11 conference wins in 2006-07
• The Cavaliers posted their sixth road win of the season, most since six road wins in 1994-95
• Mike Scott had his eighth 20-point game of the season (14th of his career)
• Five of Scott's eight 20-point games this season have come in ACC play
• Scott scored in double figures for the 76th time in his career (25th this season)
• Scott has scored in double figures in 14 consecutive games, the longest streak of his career (3rd longest active streak in the ACC)
• Sammy Zeglinski (13 pts) scored in double figures for the 45th time in his career (10th this season)
• Jontel Evans (13 pts) scored in double figures for the 14th time in his career (ninth this season)
• Evans (5 assists) had his 11th game this season with at least five assists
• Sammy Zeglinski became the 12th player in Virginia history to record 300 career assists (now with 302)
• Joe Harris tied an ACC career high with three assists
• Jontel Evans and Sammy Zeglinski became the first Cavaliers to foul out of a game this season
Player Career Highs
• Paul Jesperson scored a career-high seven points, tied his career high with three rebounds and had a career-high three assists
Virginia Career Record Book Update
• Mike Scott moved into 19th place on Virginia's career scoring list with 1,431, moving past Jim Connelly (1,426, 1965-67), Lee Raker (1,423, 1978-81) and Mel Kennedy (1,415, 1985-88)
Paulsons Eager to Help Elevate UVA WrestlingWrestling7/25/17UVA head coach Steve Garland's new assistants are twins Travis and Trent Paulson, former standouts at Iowa State.Sky's the Limit for UVA Pole VaulterTrack & Field, Cross Country7/20/17Jeff Jernigan, who over the course of his UVA career became one of the ACC's top pole vaulters, was commissioned in the U.S. Navy in May.Graduate Transfers Bolster Offensive LineFootball7/18/17Graduate transfers John Montelus and Brandon Pertile will compete for starting jobs on the offensive line when UVA opens training camp late this month.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Newcomers Settling In At UVA
M. Basketball | 6/30/2017
Head coach Tony Bennett's scholarship players for 2017-18 include two freshmen: guard Marco...
Brogdon Named NBA Rookie of the Year
M. Basketball | 6/26/2017
Former Virginia two-time All-American and current Milwaukee Bucks guard Malcolm Brogdon was named...
Virginia to Host Wisconsin in 2017 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
M. Basketball | 6/8/2017
The Cavaliers and Badgers meet for the third time in the Challenge and fifth time overall. UVA is...
Jeff White: Cavalier Men's Basketball Notebook
M. Basketball | 5/16/2017
The Cavaliers are heading into their ninth season under head coach Tony Bennett, who has led them...
UVA Men’s Basketball Signs Badocchi to NLI
M. Basketball | 5/11/2017
The Virginia men's basketball program signed forward Francesco Badocchi (Milan, Italy) to a...
Huff to Tour Czech Republic and Poland with AIA
M. Basketball | 5/4/2017
Virginia redshirt freshman Jay Huff (Durham, N.C.) will embark on a 13-day competitive basketball...
Perrantes Named VaSID All-State First Team
M. Basketball | 04/20/2017
Virginia’s London Perrantes (Los Angeles) was honored by the Virginia Sports Information...
Perrantes To Compete in Reese's College All-Star Game
M. Basketball | 03/28/2017
London Perrantes has been selected by the NABC to play in the 2017 Reese's Division I College All...
- Online Stores