2011-12 Virginia Basketball Postgame Notes
February 21, 2012
#25 Virginia 61, Virginia Tech 59
• Virginia improves to 17-0 this season when scoring at least 60 points
• The Cavaliers reached the 21 win mark, tied for the most wins since 1994-95 (21 wins in 2006-07)
• Virginia won its eighth ACC game of the season, most since 11 conference wins in 2006-07
• The Cavaliers posted their sixth road win of the season, most since six road wins in 1994-95
• Mike Scott had his eighth 20-point game of the season (14th of his career)
• Five of Scott's eight 20-point games this season have come in ACC play
• Scott scored in double figures for the 76th time in his career (25th this season)
• Scott has scored in double figures in 14 consecutive games, the longest streak of his career (3rd longest active streak in the ACC)
• Sammy Zeglinski (13 pts) scored in double figures for the 45th time in his career (10th this season)
• Jontel Evans (13 pts) scored in double figures for the 14th time in his career (ninth this season)
• Evans (5 assists) had his 11th game this season with at least five assists
• Sammy Zeglinski became the 12th player in Virginia history to record 300 career assists (now with 302)
• Joe Harris tied an ACC career high with three assists
• Jontel Evans and Sammy Zeglinski became the first Cavaliers to foul out of a game this season
Player Career Highs
• Paul Jesperson scored a career-high seven points, tied his career high with three rebounds and had a career-high three assists
Virginia Career Record Book Update
• Mike Scott moved into 19th place on Virginia's career scoring list with 1,431, moving past Jim Connelly (1,426, 1965-67), Lee Raker (1,423, 1978-81) and Mel Kennedy (1,415, 1985-88)
Davenport Field Ready for UnveilingBaseball2/20/18No. 15 Virginia hosts VMI at 5 p.m. Tuesday at Davenport Field, which has been expanded and upgraded since the end of last season.Prime Opportunity Eludes CavaliersWomen's Basketball2/18/18Virginia, which lost Sunday to ACC rival Miami at John Paul Jones Arena, has two regular-season games remaining, both on the road.Jackson Comfortable in Leading RoleWomen's Lacrosse2/16/18As a sophomore last season, Maggie Jackson led the Cavaliers in points, ground balls and draw controls and tied for the lead in assists.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Top-Ranked Virginia Hosts Georgia Tech Wednesday
M. Basketball | 2/20/2018
Top-ranked Virginia (24-2, 13-1 ACC) hosts Georgia Tech on Wednesday, Feb. 21. Tipoff at John...
Hunter Named Co-ACC Rookie of the Week
M. Basketball | 2/19/2018
Virginia redshirt freshman guard De'Andre Hunter has been voted the ACC Men's Basketball Co-Rooki...
Jeff White: Hard-Earned Break Next for No. 1 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 2/14/2018
No. 1 Virginia, which defeated ACC rival Miami 59-50 late Tuesday night in Coral Gables, Fla.,...
No. 1 Virginia beats Miami 59-50
M. Basketball | 2/13/2018
No. 1 Virginia looked the part Tuesday, never trailing and holding Miami to 38 percent shooting...
Top-Ranked Virginia Plays at Miami Tuesday
M. Basketball | 2/12/2018
No. 1 Virginia (23-2, 12-1 ACC) plays at Miami (18-6, 7-5 ACC) on Tuesday, Feb. 13. Tipoff at...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Absorb Painful Lessons in Defeat
M. Basketball | 2/11/2018
Next up for No. 2 Virginia, whose 15-game winning streak ended Saturday night at John Paul Jones ...
No. 2 Virginia Falls in Overtime to Virginia Tech
M. Basketball | 02/10/2018
No. 2 Virginia fell 61-60 in overtime to Virginia Tech on Saturday night in John Paul Jones Arena.
Coach's Corner with Tony Bennett Airs Tonight
M. Basketball | 02/19/2018
The weekly radio program "Coach's Corner with Tony Bennett" airs tonight across the Virginia...
- Online Stores