2011-12 Virginia Basketball Postgame Notes
February 21, 2012
#25 Virginia 61, Virginia Tech 59
• Virginia improves to 17-0 this season when scoring at least 60 points
• The Cavaliers reached the 21 win mark, tied for the most wins since 1994-95 (21 wins in 2006-07)
• Virginia won its eighth ACC game of the season, most since 11 conference wins in 2006-07
• The Cavaliers posted their sixth road win of the season, most since six road wins in 1994-95
• Mike Scott had his eighth 20-point game of the season (14th of his career)
• Five of Scott's eight 20-point games this season have come in ACC play
• Scott scored in double figures for the 76th time in his career (25th this season)
• Scott has scored in double figures in 14 consecutive games, the longest streak of his career (3rd longest active streak in the ACC)
• Sammy Zeglinski (13 pts) scored in double figures for the 45th time in his career (10th this season)
• Jontel Evans (13 pts) scored in double figures for the 14th time in his career (ninth this season)
• Evans (5 assists) had his 11th game this season with at least five assists
• Sammy Zeglinski became the 12th player in Virginia history to record 300 career assists (now with 302)
• Joe Harris tied an ACC career high with three assists
• Jontel Evans and Sammy Zeglinski became the first Cavaliers to foul out of a game this season
Player Career Highs
• Paul Jesperson scored a career-high seven points, tied his career high with three rebounds and had a career-high three assists
Virginia Career Record Book Update
• Mike Scott moved into 19th place on Virginia's career scoring list with 1,431, moving past Jim Connelly (1,426, 1965-67), Lee Raker (1,423, 1978-81) and Mel Kennedy (1,415, 1985-88)
'Hoos Eager to Seize Opportunity Friday NightFootball11/21/17At 8 p.m. Friday, in the annual battle for the Commonwealth Clash, UVA (6-5 overall, 3-4 ACC) meets Virginia Tech (8-3, 4-3) at Scott Stadium.Hunter Dazzles as 'Hoos Stay UnbeatenMen's Basketball11/19/17Behind a career-high 23 points from redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter, unbeaten Virginia defeated Monmouth 73-53 on Sunday at JPJ.'Hoos Rue Missed OpportunityFootball11/18/17On an afternoon when Kurt Benkert threw four touchdown passes, Virginia twice built 14-point leads before falling 44-28 to No. 2 Miami at Hard Rock Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Hunter Dazzles as 'Hoos Stay Unbeaten
M. Basketball | 11/19/2017
Behind a career-high 23 points from redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter, Virginia defeated Monmouth...
Hunter's 23 points lifts Virginia past Monmouth 73-53
M. Basketball | 11/19/2017
Behind a pace-setting, 23 point, eight-rebound performance by redshirt-freshman Deandre Hunter, ...
Virginia Entertains Monmouth on Sunday
M. Basketball | 11/18/2017
Virginia (3-0) hosts Monmouth (2-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Sunday (No...
Guy's 29 lead Virginia past VCU, 76-67
M. Basketball | 11/17/2017
Kyle Guy scored 29 points and hit two 3-pointers in the final three minutes Friday, leading...
Virginia Plays at VCU Friday
M. Basketball | 11/16/2017
Virginia meets VCU for the first time since posting a 74-57 win over the Rams during the 2014-15 ...
Jeff White: Redshirt Freshmen Impress in Emphatic Win
M. Basketball | 11/14/2017
Jay Huff and De'Andre Hunter combined for 29 points Monday night in Virginia's 93-49 victory over...
Huff Shines in Debut as Virginia Rolls Austin Peay, 93-49
M. Basketball | 11/13/2017
Four players scored in double-figures for Virginia as the Cavaliers defeated Austin Peay 93-49 on...
Virginia Hosts Austin Peay on Monday Night
M. Basketball | 11/12/2017
Virginia (1-0) hosts Austin Peay (0-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Monday ...
- Online Stores