2011-12 Virginia Basketball Postgame Notes
February 21, 2012
#25 Virginia 61, Virginia Tech 59
• Virginia improves to 17-0 this season when scoring at least 60 points
• The Cavaliers reached the 21 win mark, tied for the most wins since 1994-95 (21 wins in 2006-07)
• Virginia won its eighth ACC game of the season, most since 11 conference wins in 2006-07
• The Cavaliers posted their sixth road win of the season, most since six road wins in 1994-95
• Mike Scott had his eighth 20-point game of the season (14th of his career)
• Five of Scott's eight 20-point games this season have come in ACC play
• Scott scored in double figures for the 76th time in his career (25th this season)
• Scott has scored in double figures in 14 consecutive games, the longest streak of his career (3rd longest active streak in the ACC)
• Sammy Zeglinski (13 pts) scored in double figures for the 45th time in his career (10th this season)
• Jontel Evans (13 pts) scored in double figures for the 14th time in his career (ninth this season)
• Evans (5 assists) had his 11th game this season with at least five assists
• Sammy Zeglinski became the 12th player in Virginia history to record 300 career assists (now with 302)
• Joe Harris tied an ACC career high with three assists
• Jontel Evans and Sammy Zeglinski became the first Cavaliers to foul out of a game this season
Player Career Highs
• Paul Jesperson scored a career-high seven points, tied his career high with three rebounds and had a career-high three assists
Virginia Career Record Book Update
• Mike Scott moved into 19th place on Virginia's career scoring list with 1,431, moving past Jim Connelly (1,426, 1965-67), Lee Raker (1,423, 1978-81) and Mel Kennedy (1,415, 1985-88)
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Sweeps Top VaSID Honors
M. Basketball | 4/20/2018
Tony Bennett (coach), Kyle Guy (player) and De'Andre Hunter (rookie) earned top VaSID University...
Bennett Promotes Williford and Vandross
M. Basketball | 4/17/2018
Jason Williford has been promoted to associate head coach and Orlando Vandross has been elevated ...
ACC Opponents Announced for 2018-19
M. Basketball | 4/10/2018
The ACC announced Tuesday (April 10) the men's basketball league opponents for all 15...
Bennett Adds Another Coach of the Year Award
M. Basketball | 4/1/2018
Virginia’s Tony Bennett was named the 2018 NABC Division I Coach of the Year, announced...
Bennett Earns Naismith Coach of the Year Award
M. Basketball | 4/1/2018
Virginia's Tony Bennett was named the 2018 Werner Ladder Naismith Men's College Coach of the Year...
Bennett Named AP Coach of the Year
M. Basketball | 3/29/2018
Virginia's Tony Bennett was named the Associated Press (AP) Men's College Basketball Coach of the...
Guy Named AP All-America Third Team
M. Basketball | 03/28/2018
Kyle Guy was named to the Associated Press (AP) All-America Third Team, marking his second All-Am...
Bennett Named NABC District 2 Coach of the Year
M. Basketball | 03/21/2018
Virginia’s Tony Bennett was named NABC District 2 Coach of the Year, announced Wednesday (M...
- Online Stores