2011-12 Virginia Basketball Postgame Notes
February 21, 2012
#25 Virginia 61, Virginia Tech 59
• Virginia improves to 17-0 this season when scoring at least 60 points
• The Cavaliers reached the 21 win mark, tied for the most wins since 1994-95 (21 wins in 2006-07)
• Virginia won its eighth ACC game of the season, most since 11 conference wins in 2006-07
• The Cavaliers posted their sixth road win of the season, most since six road wins in 1994-95
• Mike Scott had his eighth 20-point game of the season (14th of his career)
• Five of Scott's eight 20-point games this season have come in ACC play
• Scott scored in double figures for the 76th time in his career (25th this season)
• Scott has scored in double figures in 14 consecutive games, the longest streak of his career (3rd longest active streak in the ACC)
• Sammy Zeglinski (13 pts) scored in double figures for the 45th time in his career (10th this season)
• Jontel Evans (13 pts) scored in double figures for the 14th time in his career (ninth this season)
• Evans (5 assists) had his 11th game this season with at least five assists
• Sammy Zeglinski became the 12th player in Virginia history to record 300 career assists (now with 302)
• Joe Harris tied an ACC career high with three assists
• Jontel Evans and Sammy Zeglinski became the first Cavaliers to foul out of a game this season
Player Career Highs
• Paul Jesperson scored a career-high seven points, tied his career high with three rebounds and had a career-high three assists
Virginia Career Record Book Update
• Mike Scott moved into 19th place on Virginia's career scoring list with 1,431, moving past Jim Connelly (1,426, 1965-67), Lee Raker (1,423, 1978-81) and Mel Kennedy (1,415, 1985-88)
Cavalier Football Notebook: UNC WeekFootball10/21/16At 3 p.m. Saturday, UVA (2-4, 1-1) hosts Coastal Division rival North Carolina (5-2, 3-1) in an ACC football game at Scott Stadium.Lucas Playing Key Role in TurnaroundField Hockey10/20/16Carrera Lucas' play at goalkeeper has helped No.9 Virginia, which hosts No. 7 Louisville on Friday night, win seven of its past eight games.Media Day NotebookMen's Basketball10/18/16Virginia, which advanced to the NCAA tournament's Elite Eight in 2015-16, opens the season Nov. 11 against UNC Greensboro at the Greensboro Coliseum.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Scrimmage & Meet the Teams Day Set For Oct. 23
M. Basketball | 9/21/2016
The UVA men's team will hold its second annual Pepsi Blue-White intrasquad scrimmage at 3 p.m.,...
Nichols Named to Malone Award Watch List
M. Basketball | 10/20/2016
Virginia’s Austin Nichols (Collierville, Tenn.) was one of 20 players named to the watch...
Jeff White: Media Day Notebook
M. Basketball | 10/18/2016
Virginia, which reached the Elite Eight in 2015-16, opens the season Nov. 11 against UNC...
Perrantes Named to Cousy Award Watch List
M. Basketball | 10/17/2016
Virginia’s London Perrantes (Los Angeles) was one of 20 players named to the watch list for...
Jeff White: Reuter Ready To Take On Larger Role
M. Basketball | 10/17/2016
A 6-7, 243-pound sophomore from Marion, Mass., Jarred Reuter is competing for a starting spot in ...
On-Sale Dates For Single-Game Tickets Announced
M. Basketball | 10/10/2016
The University of Virginia announced the on-sale dates for single-game tickets for men’s...
Jeff White: Spirit of '76 Unites Basketball Family
M. Basketball | 09/27/2016
At the Virginia men's basketball reunion, the spotlight was on the 1975-76 team and the legacy of...
Jeff White: Non-Conference Challenges Await 'Hoos
M. Basketball | 09/13/2016
Virginia's 2016-17 men's basketball schedule includes non-conference games against such opponents...
- Online Stores