2011-12 Virginia Basketball Postgame Notes
February 21, 2012
#25 Virginia 61, Virginia Tech 59
• Virginia improves to 17-0 this season when scoring at least 60 points
• The Cavaliers reached the 21 win mark, tied for the most wins since 1994-95 (21 wins in 2006-07)
• Virginia won its eighth ACC game of the season, most since 11 conference wins in 2006-07
• The Cavaliers posted their sixth road win of the season, most since six road wins in 1994-95
• Mike Scott had his eighth 20-point game of the season (14th of his career)
• Five of Scott's eight 20-point games this season have come in ACC play
• Scott scored in double figures for the 76th time in his career (25th this season)
• Scott has scored in double figures in 14 consecutive games, the longest streak of his career (3rd longest active streak in the ACC)
• Sammy Zeglinski (13 pts) scored in double figures for the 45th time in his career (10th this season)
• Jontel Evans (13 pts) scored in double figures for the 14th time in his career (ninth this season)
• Evans (5 assists) had his 11th game this season with at least five assists
• Sammy Zeglinski became the 12th player in Virginia history to record 300 career assists (now with 302)
• Joe Harris tied an ACC career high with three assists
• Jontel Evans and Sammy Zeglinski became the first Cavaliers to foul out of a game this season
Player Career Highs
• Paul Jesperson scored a career-high seven points, tied his career high with three rebounds and had a career-high three assists
Virginia Career Record Book Update
• Mike Scott moved into 19th place on Virginia's career scoring list with 1,431, moving past Jim Connelly (1,426, 1965-67), Lee Raker (1,423, 1978-81) and Mel Kennedy (1,415, 1985-88)
Culture Change Under Way for UVA FootballFootball7/21/16Head coach Bronco Mendenhall, center Jackson Matteo and linebacker Micah Kiser represented Virginia at the ACC Football Kickoff on Thursday.Turner Embraces New Challenge at UVAMen's Lacrosse7/18/16Former UVA men's lacrosse standout Kip Turner is back at his alma mater as an assistant on new head coach Lars Tiffany's staff.Hunter Finds Comfort Zone at UVAMen's Basketball7/15/16The Virginia men's basketball team's freshman class includes De'Andre Hunter, a 6-7 forward from Philadelphia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Hunter Finds Comfort Zone at UVA
M. Basketball | 7/15/2016
Virginia's freshmen include De'Andre Hunter, a 6-7 forward who was Pennsylvania's Class AA player...
Jeff White: Summer Buildup Begins in Earnest
M. Basketball | 6/28/2016
The Cavaliers, who will travel to Spain in August, held their first practice of the summer...
Brogdon Selected by Milwaukee in 2016 NBA Draft
M. Basketball | 6/23/2016
Former Virginia two-time All-American Malcolm Brogdon (Atlanta, Ga.) was selected by the...
Brogdon Named to USA Men’s Select Team
M. Basketball | 6/7/2016
Former Virginia two-time All-American Malcolm Brogdon (Atlanta, Ga.) is one of 25 players chosen ...
Virginia to Host Ohio State in 2016 ACC/Big Ten Challenge
M. Basketball | 5/24/2016
Virginia will host Ohio State in the 18th ACC/Big Ten Challenge on Wednesday, Nov. 30. This year'...
Jeff White: Checking In With Justin Anderson
M. Basketball | 5/18/2016
Former UVA star Justin Anderson, who recently completed his rookie season with the NBA's Mavs,...
Malcolm Brogdon and Leah Smith UVA's Top Athletes
M. Basketball | 05/04/2016
Malcolm Brogdon (men's basketball) and Leah Smith (women's swimming) were honored as Virginia's...
Bennett, Brogdon and Gill Honored by VaSID
M. Basketball | 04/22/2016
Virginia's Tony Bennett, Malcolm Brogdon (Atlanta, Ga.) and Anthony Gill (High Point, N.C.) were ...
- Online Stores