Virginia 68, Boston College 62
• Virginia snapped a nine-game losing streak
• The Cavaliers won their first ACC Tournament game since 2006
• The Cavaliers had a season-low five turnovers, the fewest they have had since five against Iowa State on Dec. 31, 2003
• Virginia had five players in double figure scoring for just the third time this season (Longwood, Cleveland St.)
• Sammy Zeglinski scored a season-high 21 points
• It was Zeglinski’s second career 20-point game
• Zeglinski scored in double figures for the 16th time this season and the 26th time in his career
• Zeglinski tied a season high with five 3-pointers
• Jeff Jones (14 pts) scored in double figures for the 12th time the season and the 23rd time in his career
• Jerome Meyinsse (12 pts) scored in double figures for the fifth consecutive game, the seventh time this season and the ninth time in his career
• Mike Scott (11 pts, 13 rebs) had his seventh double-double of the season and the 17th of his career
• Scott had his 21st double figure scoring game of the season and the 41st of his career
• Scott had his seventh double figure rebounding game of the season and the 21st of his career
• Scott’s 13 rebounds tied a season high
• Mustapha Farrakhan (10 pts) scored in double figures for the 10th time this season and the 14th time in his career
Cavalier Football Notebook -- Miami WeekFootball11/16/17Two regular-season games remain for Virginia (6-4 overall, 3-3 ACC), which plays No. 2 Miami (9-0, 6-0) at noon Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.Torres Makes Most of Learning OpportunityWomen's Soccer11/15/17Freshman Taryn Torres has scored a team-high eight goals for Virginia, which meets Pepperdine in the NCAA tourney's second round Friday night in Los Angeles.Billiard's Return Energizes CavaliersWomen's Volleyball11/14/17Virginia has won three of its past six matches with freshman Sarah Billiard in the lineup. Billiard missed 10 matches while recovering from a knee injury.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Entertains Monmouth on Sunday
M. Basketball | 11/18/2017
Virginia (3-0) hosts Monmouth (2-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Sunday (No...
Guy's 29 lead Virginia past VCU, 76-67
M. Basketball | 11/17/2017
Kyle Guy scored 29 points and hit two 3-pointers in the final three minutes Friday, leading...
Virginia Plays at VCU Friday
M. Basketball | 11/16/2017
Virginia meets VCU for the first time since posting a 74-57 win over the Rams during the 2014-15 ...
Jeff White: Redshirt Freshmen Impress in Emphatic Win
M. Basketball | 11/14/2017
Jay Huff and De'Andre Hunter combined for 29 points Monday night in Virginia's 93-49 victory over...
Huff Shines in Debut as Virginia Rolls Austin Peay, 93-49
M. Basketball | 11/13/2017
Four players scored in double-figures for Virginia as the Cavaliers defeated Austin Peay 93-49 on...
Virginia Hosts Austin Peay on Monday Night
M. Basketball | 11/12/2017
Virginia (1-0) hosts Austin Peay (0-1) in men’s basketball non-conference action on Monday ...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Grind Out Win in Opener
M. Basketball | 11/10/2017
For the second straight year, UVA opened the season with a win over UNC Greensboro. This one was ...
Guy's 16 leads Virginia past UNCG in opener, 60-48
M. Basketball | 11/10/2017
Sophomore Kyle Guy scored 16 points to lead Virginia men's basketball to a 60-48 win over UNCG to...
- Online Stores