Sept. 21, 2013
VMI at Virginia
Sept. 21, 2013
Virginia Game Notes
• The 49-0 win marked Virginia’s first shutout during the Mike London era and first since a 31-0 decision vs. Maryland (2008).
• The shutout was the third in London’s six-year head coaching career.
• Virginia (2-1) is now 57-23-3 all-time against VMI, including a 10-game winning streak that started in 1979.
• Mike London is now 4-0 against VMI as a head coach.
• Virginia has outscored VMI 169-7 over the last four meetings (1987, 1991, 2010, 2013).
• Virginia had over 300 rushing yards (357) for the first time since rushing for 348 vs. Duke in 2004.
• Virginia held its opponent to fewer than five first downs for the first time since 1979 (3 vs. VMI)
• Virginia held its opponent under 100 yards passing for the first time since 2011 (24, Georgia Tech)
• Virginia held its opponent under 100 yards rushing for the first time since 2012 (19, NC State)
• Virginia held its opponent under 100 total yards for the first time since 2004 (84, Akron)
• The Cavaliers have now won five straight games following a bye week.
• Virginia’s 21-second quarter points tied for the sixth-most in school history for the second quarter and 21 third quarter points tied for the fourth-most in the third quarter.
• Virginia First Time Starter: Defense: Max Valles (DE)
• James Coleman (P), Cameron Fitch (DE), Daniel Hamm** (TB), Greg Gallop (DT), Matt Johns** (QB debut), Sean Karl (OG), Stephen Lawe (DE), Sadiq Olanrewaju** (OT), Dylan Sims (PK), Eric Smith** (OT), LaChaston Smith** (RB), Eric Tetlow** (C), Max Valles** (DE), Israel Vaughan (FB), Donte Wilkins** (DT) made their collegiate debuts: ** - denotes true freshman.
• Quarterback David Watford passed for a career-high 206 yards and two touchdowns on 18-for-25 passing.
• Watford added his first career rushing touchdown (1-yard).
• Kevin Parks rushed for a career-high 135 yards on 17 carries, marking his fourth career 100-yard rushing game.
• Daniel Hamm had 136 rushing yards and two touchdowns on 21 carries in his collegiate debut.
• Hamm is the first UVa player to rush for more than 100 yards in his collegiate debut since Kevin Parks (114 yards vs. William & Mary in 2011).
• Virginia had a pair of running backs (Kevin Parks and Daniel Hamm) eclipse the 100-yard barrier for the first time since 2005 vs. Temple (Jason Snelling and Wali Lundy).
• Virginia had a pair of running backs (Kevin Parks and Daniel Hamm) who each scored two rushing touchdowns in a game for the first time since 2005 vs. Temple (Jason Snelling and Wali Lundy).
• Parks’ 61-yard touchdown rush was the longest of his career, eclipsing his 49-yarder at TCU (2012).
• The 61-yard rush by Parks marked the longest Virginia rush since a 79-yarder by Cedric Peerman vs. East Carolina (2008).
• The 54-yard pass play from Watford to Parks marked the longest reception in Parks’ career.
• Tim Smith’s 38-yard reception marked his 10th career receiving touchdown.
• DreQuan Hoskey blocked his first career punt.
• Dominique Terrell has caught a pass in 17 consecutive games.
• Terrell added career highs in punt returns (8) and punt return yardage (75).
• Darius Jennings has caught a pass in 16 consecutive games.
• Jake McGee’s four-yard touchdown reception marked his sixth career touchdown.
• McGee has caught a pass in six straight games.
• Donte Wilkins recovered a fumble in his collegiate debut.
• Demeitre Brim recorded his first career fumble recovery.
• Trent Corney recorded his first two career sacks, first forced fumble and first pass breakup, and had a career-best five tackles.
Nicholson Shines On and Off Water at UVAWomen's Rowing5/25/17Allie Nicholson, who had never rowed before arriving at UVA in 2013, is now a key member of one of the nation's top programs.'Hoos Eager to Make More HistoryMen's Tennis5/22/17A win over No. 9 seed North Carolina on Tuesday afternoon would give second-seeded Virginia its third straight NCAA men's tennis title.McKee Thriving in New SurroundingsTrack & Field, Cross Country5/22/17A transfer from Kansas, Kelly McKee will compete in the triple jump this week at the NCAA East Regional meet in Lexington, Kentucky.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Former UVA Player/Coach Sonny Randle Passes Away
Football | 5/24/2017
Ulmo “Sonny” Randle, a former Virginia football standout and the 35th head coach in...
Virginia Football Single-Game Tickets On Sale Now
Football | 5/19/2017
Single-game tickets and Value Packages for the 2017 season are on sale now.
Blanding and Kiser Named to Lott IMPACT Trophy Watch List
Football | 5/15/2017
Virginia free safety Quin Blanding and inside linebacker Micah Kiser have been named to the 2017 ...
Virginia and Liberty Announce Football Series
Football | 5/13/2017
Virginia and Liberty announced today (May 13) the first football series between the two programs....
Notre Dame and Virginia Add Future Football Dates
Football | 5/11/2017
The Atlantic Coast Conference announced today (May 11) additional dates the Notre Dame football ...
Jeff White: Spring Football Notebook
Football | 5/3/2017
The Cavaliers, who open the season Sept. 2 against William & Mary, concluded spring practice...
Virginia Football Three-Game Mini-Packages On Sale Now
Football | 05/02/2017
Jeff White: Multi-Talented Reed Boosts Offensive Arsenal
Football | 04/30/2017
Rising sophomore Joe Reed figures to play a leading role for Virginia on offense and special...
- Online Stores