Oct. 6, 2012
Oct. 6, 2012
Virginia Game Notes
- With the loss UVa still owns the series record with Duke, 33-31, but has lost three in a row at Wallace Wade Stadium and four of the last five meetings.
- QB Phillip Sims and WR E.J. Scott made their first career starts. Sims' first two passing attempts and completions went to Scott.
- With Kevin Parks rushing TD in the first quarter, UVa scored its first rushing TD since the fourth quarter of the Richmond game - breaking a 16-quarter streak without a rushing TD.
- With 268 yards passing, Phillip Sims threw for the second-highest total by a UVa QB making his first career start.
- Sims 21 completions, 42 attempts and 268 passing yards are all career highs.
- E.J. Scott had career highs with five catches and 98 yards.
- With four receptions, Perry Jones now has 102 career catches, becoming the 16th player in program history with 100 receptions. Jones is now No. 15 all-time at UVa in career receptions with 102.
- Jones rushed for 100 yards, his fourth career game with 100 rushing yards or more.
- Jones passed Gary Helman for No. 18 at UVa in career rushing and now has 1,865 career rushing yards.
- With 128 all-purpose yards, Jones now has 3,378 for his career. During the game Jones passed Jerrod Washington (3,274) and Cedric Peerman (3,349) for No. 10 all-time at UVa.
- With 10 tackles, Steve Greer has recorded double digits in tackles 10 times in his career.
- Greer now has 309 career tackles, passing Chris Slade (299), Jon Copper (301), Ray Savage (302) and Phil Thomas (306) for No. 12 all-time at UVa. Greer is the 15th player in UVa history to record 300 career tackles.
'Hoos Head Into Finals on High NoteMen's Basketball12/7/16No. 14 Virginia, which defeated East Carolina on Tuesday night, doesn't play again until Dec. 17, when Robert Morris visits JPJ.'Hoos Learn Painful Lessons in LossMen's Basketball12/3/16No. 6 Virginia's 24-game winning streak at John Paul Jones Arena ended Saturday with a 66-57 loss to No. 25 West Virginia.Soccer Teams Turn Attention to 2017Men's Soccer12/2/16The Virginia men's and women's soccer teams are fixtures in their respective NCAA tournaments, and 2017 should bring more success for both.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Blanding, Conte and Kiser Earn Coaches All-ACC
Football | 12/8/2016
Free safety Quin Blanding, punter Nicholas Conte and inside linebacker Micah Kiser are Virginia's...
Blanding Named an All-American by the Sporting News
Football | 12/7/2016
Virginia free safety Quin Blanding was named to the second team of the Sporting News' 2016 All-Am...
UVA Football Honored by AFCA For Graduation Rate
Football | 12/5/2016
The Virginia football team was one of 75 institutions recognized this week by the American...
Kiser Named a CoSIDA Football Academic All-American
Football | 12/1/2016
Virginia inside linebacker Micah Kiser has been named to the 2016 College Sports Information...
Blanding, Conte and Kiser Highlight All-ACC Honorees
Football | 11/28/2016
Free safety Quin Blanding, punter Nicholas Conte and inside linebacker Micah Kiser highlight...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Head Into Offseason on Humbling Note
Football | 11/27/2016
UVA finished its first season under head coach Bronco Mendenhall with a 2-10 record after losing ...
Virginia Drops Season Finale to Virginia Tech, 52-10
Football | 11/26/2016
Sam Rogers ran for a career-best 105 yards and two touchdowns and Virginia Tech tuned up for...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Look to End Drought Saturday
Football | 11/25/2016
At noon Saturday, Virginia (2-9, 1-6) closes the season against ACC rival Virginia Tech (8-3, 5-2...
- Online Stores