Oct. 6, 2012
Oct. 6, 2012
Virginia Game Notes
- With the loss UVa still owns the series record with Duke, 33-31, but has lost three in a row at Wallace Wade Stadium and four of the last five meetings.
- QB Phillip Sims and WR E.J. Scott made their first career starts. Sims' first two passing attempts and completions went to Scott.
- With Kevin Parks rushing TD in the first quarter, UVa scored its first rushing TD since the fourth quarter of the Richmond game - breaking a 16-quarter streak without a rushing TD.
- With 268 yards passing, Phillip Sims threw for the second-highest total by a UVa QB making his first career start.
- Sims 21 completions, 42 attempts and 268 passing yards are all career highs.
- E.J. Scott had career highs with five catches and 98 yards.
- With four receptions, Perry Jones now has 102 career catches, becoming the 16th player in program history with 100 receptions. Jones is now No. 15 all-time at UVa in career receptions with 102.
- Jones rushed for 100 yards, his fourth career game with 100 rushing yards or more.
- Jones passed Gary Helman for No. 18 at UVa in career rushing and now has 1,865 career rushing yards.
- With 128 all-purpose yards, Jones now has 3,378 for his career. During the game Jones passed Jerrod Washington (3,274) and Cedric Peerman (3,349) for No. 10 all-time at UVa.
- With 10 tackles, Steve Greer has recorded double digits in tackles 10 times in his career.
- Greer now has 309 career tackles, passing Chris Slade (299), Jon Copper (301), Ray Savage (302) and Phil Thomas (306) for No. 12 all-time at UVa. Greer is the 15th player in UVa history to record 300 career tackles.
'Hoos Happy to Have Comforts of HomeBaseball5/31/16For the ninth time in its 13 seasons under head coach Brian O'Connor, Virginia is hosting an NCAA baseball regional.Lynch Makes Timely Return to MoundBaseball5/28/16In his first appearance since April 13, freshman Daniel Lynch retired all four batters he faced Friday in Virginia's ACC tournament loss to Wake Forest.Transfers Eager to Help Lift ProgramFootball5/26/16UVA's football team added three transfers this spring: quarterback Kurt Benkert, offensive guard Jared Cohen and defensive end Jack Powers.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Transfers Eager to Help Lift Program
Football | 5/26/2016
Virginia added three FBS transfers this spring: quarterback Kurt Benkert, offensive guard Jared...
Virginia to Host Richmond at 3:30 p.m. on Sept. 3
Football | 5/19/2016
As part of the announcement of early-season football television selections, the Atlantic Coast...
Blanding and Kiser Named to Lott IMPACT Trophy Watch List
Football | 5/18/2016
Virginia free safety Quin Blanding and inside linebacker Micah Kiser have been named to the 2016 ...
Jack Powers Transfers to UVA from Arizona State
Football | 5/17/2016
Virginia head coach Bronco Mendenhall announced today (May 17), former Arizona State offensive...
Matteo Named to the Rimington Trophy Watch List
Football | 5/17/2016
Virginia football student-athlete Jackson Matteo has been named to the Rimington Trophy Watch List
East Carolina Quarterback Benkert Transfers to UVA
Football | 5/16/2016
Virginia head coach Bronco Mendenhall announced today (May 16), former East Carolina quarterback ...
Canady Selected by the Ravens in the 2016 NFL Draft
Football | 04/30/2016
Virginia senior cornerback Maurice Canady (Richmond, Va.) was selected by the Baltimore Ravens...
Jeff White: Spring Football Notebook
Football | 04/27/2016
With practice over until training camp begins in August, Virginia's coaching staff has shifted...
- Online Stores