Oct. 6, 2012
Oct. 6, 2012
Virginia Game Notes
- With the loss UVa still owns the series record with Duke, 33-31, but has lost three in a row at Wallace Wade Stadium and four of the last five meetings.
- QB Phillip Sims and WR E.J. Scott made their first career starts. Sims' first two passing attempts and completions went to Scott.
- With Kevin Parks rushing TD in the first quarter, UVa scored its first rushing TD since the fourth quarter of the Richmond game - breaking a 16-quarter streak without a rushing TD.
- With 268 yards passing, Phillip Sims threw for the second-highest total by a UVa QB making his first career start.
- Sims 21 completions, 42 attempts and 268 passing yards are all career highs.
- E.J. Scott had career highs with five catches and 98 yards.
- With four receptions, Perry Jones now has 102 career catches, becoming the 16th player in program history with 100 receptions. Jones is now No. 15 all-time at UVa in career receptions with 102.
- Jones rushed for 100 yards, his fourth career game with 100 rushing yards or more.
- Jones passed Gary Helman for No. 18 at UVa in career rushing and now has 1,865 career rushing yards.
- With 128 all-purpose yards, Jones now has 3,378 for his career. During the game Jones passed Jerrod Washington (3,274) and Cedric Peerman (3,349) for No. 10 all-time at UVa.
- With 10 tackles, Steve Greer has recorded double digits in tackles 10 times in his career.
- Greer now has 309 career tackles, passing Chris Slade (299), Jon Copper (301), Ray Savage (302) and Phil Thomas (306) for No. 12 all-time at UVa. Greer is the 15th player in UVa history to record 300 career tackles.
Road Tests Await 'HoosMen's Basketball1/22/17No. 16 UVA, which beat Georgia Tech at JPJ on Saturday, is on the road Tuesday against No. 15 Notre Dame and next Sunday against No. 1 Villanova.Perseverance Paying Off for SchanyWrestling1/21/17Redshirt sophomore Will Schany is the starting 184-pounder for No. 25 Virginia, which meets No. 6 Virginia Tech at 4 p.m. Sunday in Blacksburg.Selflessness Marks Cavaliers' Latest WinMen's Basketball1/19/17In its latest road victory, a 71-54 conquest of Boston College, No. 16 Virginia recorded assists on 22 of its 27 field goals Wednesday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Announces 2017 Football Schedule
Football | 1/24/2017
The Atlantic Coast Conference released the 2017 football schedules for its member institutions...
Mendenhall Announces Four Early Enrollees
Football | 1/18/2017
Virginia football head coach Bronco Mendenhall announced that four members of the program’s...
Virginia Football to Face Maryland in 2023, 2024
Football | 1/12/2017
Virginia and Maryland will meet in football for a two-game series in 2023 and 2024, the schools...
UVA to Meet Georgia in 2020 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game
Football | 1/11/2017
The Virginia Cavaliers and the Georgia Bulldogs will face off in the 2020 Chick-fil-A Kickoff...
Quin Blanding to Return for Senior Season at UVA
Football | 12/26/2016
Cavalier free safety Quin Blanding (Virginia Beach, Va.) announced today he would return to...
Jeff White: True Freshmen Provide Building Blocks
Football | 12/15/2016
Of the nine true freshmen who played for Virginia this fall, many made significant contributions,...
Jeff White: Offseason Work Under Way for Cavaliers
Football | 12/14/2016
Virginia, which finished 2-10 in its first year under Bronco Mendenhall, opens the 2017 season...
Kiser Named Second Team All-American by FWAA
Football | 12/12/2016
Virginia junior inside linebacker Micah Kiser (Baltimore, Md.) was named a second-team All-Americ...
- Online Stores