Oct. 6, 2012
Oct. 6, 2012
Virginia Game Notes
- With the loss UVa still owns the series record with Duke, 33-31, but has lost three in a row at Wallace Wade Stadium and four of the last five meetings.
- QB Phillip Sims and WR E.J. Scott made their first career starts. Sims' first two passing attempts and completions went to Scott.
- With Kevin Parks rushing TD in the first quarter, UVa scored its first rushing TD since the fourth quarter of the Richmond game - breaking a 16-quarter streak without a rushing TD.
- With 268 yards passing, Phillip Sims threw for the second-highest total by a UVa QB making his first career start.
- Sims 21 completions, 42 attempts and 268 passing yards are all career highs.
- E.J. Scott had career highs with five catches and 98 yards.
- With four receptions, Perry Jones now has 102 career catches, becoming the 16th player in program history with 100 receptions. Jones is now No. 15 all-time at UVa in career receptions with 102.
- Jones rushed for 100 yards, his fourth career game with 100 rushing yards or more.
- Jones passed Gary Helman for No. 18 at UVa in career rushing and now has 1,865 career rushing yards.
- With 128 all-purpose yards, Jones now has 3,378 for his career. During the game Jones passed Jerrod Washington (3,274) and Cedric Peerman (3,349) for No. 10 all-time at UVa.
- With 10 tackles, Steve Greer has recorded double digits in tackles 10 times in his career.
- Greer now has 309 career tackles, passing Chris Slade (299), Jon Copper (301), Ray Savage (302) and Phil Thomas (306) for No. 12 all-time at UVa. Greer is the 15th player in UVa history to record 300 career tackles.
Margin of Error Gone for CavaliersMen's Lacrosse4/29/16To become eligible for an NCAA men's lacrosse tournament bid, Virginia (7-7) must upset second-ranked Brown (13-1) on Saturday night.UVA Spring Football NotebookFootball4/27/16With spring practice over, Virginia head coach Bronco Mendenhall and his assistants have turned their focus to recruiting.Cavaliers Push On With Heavy HeartsBaseball4/25/16No. 21 Virginia, coming off an emotionally draining weekend in Coral Gables, Fla., meets ODU at noon Tuesday in Norfolk at Harbor Park.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Canady Selected by the Ravens in the 2016 NFL Draft
Football | 4/30/2016
Virginia senior cornerback Maurice Canady (Richmond, Va.) was selected by the Baltimore Ravens...
Jeff White: Spring Football Notebook
Football | 4/27/2016
With practice over until training camp begins in August, Virginia's coaching staff has shifted...
Frye Named to NFF Hampshire Honor Society
Football | 4/27/2016
Virginia football player Ian Frye has earned NFF Hampshire Honor Society membership
Jeff White: Mendenhall Philosophy Taking Root at UVA
Football | 4/24/2016
Virginia, in its first year under head coach Bronco Mendenhall, concluded spring practice...
Spring Football Festival Set for April 23 at Scott Stadium
Football | 4/19/2016
The Virginia football team will hold its annual Spring Football Festival on Saturday, April 23 at...
Thornhill Thriving On Bigger Stage
Football | 4/22/2016
Rising sophomore Juan Thornhill, a graduate of tiny Altavista High, has been working with...
Jeff White: Levrone Working to Make Up for Lost Time
Football | 04/14/2016
Redshirt junior Andre Levrone is among the wide receivers who have impressed Virginia head coach ...
Jeff White: Football Alumni Eager for Mendenhall Era
Football | 04/11/2016
About 250 former UVA players returned to Charlottesville over the weekend at the invitation of...
- Online Stores