Oct. 6, 2012
Oct. 6, 2012
Virginia Game Notes
- With the loss UVa still owns the series record with Duke, 33-31, but has lost three in a row at Wallace Wade Stadium and four of the last five meetings.
- QB Phillip Sims and WR E.J. Scott made their first career starts. Sims' first two passing attempts and completions went to Scott.
- With Kevin Parks rushing TD in the first quarter, UVa scored its first rushing TD since the fourth quarter of the Richmond game - breaking a 16-quarter streak without a rushing TD.
- With 268 yards passing, Phillip Sims threw for the second-highest total by a UVa QB making his first career start.
- Sims 21 completions, 42 attempts and 268 passing yards are all career highs.
- E.J. Scott had career highs with five catches and 98 yards.
- With four receptions, Perry Jones now has 102 career catches, becoming the 16th player in program history with 100 receptions. Jones is now No. 15 all-time at UVa in career receptions with 102.
- Jones rushed for 100 yards, his fourth career game with 100 rushing yards or more.
- Jones passed Gary Helman for No. 18 at UVa in career rushing and now has 1,865 career rushing yards.
- With 128 all-purpose yards, Jones now has 3,378 for his career. During the game Jones passed Jerrod Washington (3,274) and Cedric Peerman (3,349) for No. 10 all-time at UVa.
- With 10 tackles, Steve Greer has recorded double digits in tackles 10 times in his career.
- Greer now has 309 career tackles, passing Chris Slade (299), Jon Copper (301), Ray Savage (302) and Phil Thomas (306) for No. 12 all-time at UVa. Greer is the 15th player in UVa history to record 300 career tackles.
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Ryan Phillis Joins Football Conditioning Staff
Football | 6/15/2018
Virginia's director of football development and performance Shawn Griswold has added Ryan...
DL Cassius Peat Transfers to Virginia from Scottsdale...
Football | 6/2/2018
Scottsdale Community College defensive lineman Cassius Peat (Chandler, Ariz.) has announced he...
Virginia's Road Game at Indiana to Kick Off at 7:30 p.m.
Football | 5/31/2018
The Big Ten Conference announced today Virginia's road game at Indiana on Saturday, September 8...
Jeff White: UVA Pioneer Ready for Next Chapter
Football | 5/21/2018
Kent Merritt, who's retiring from his position in the history department, was among the players...
Kickoff Times Announced for Three Virginia Home Games
Football | 5/18/2018
As part of the announcement of early-season football television selections, the Atlantic Coast...
Jeff White: Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall, Williams
Football | 5/17/2018
Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with ...
Virginia Football Single-Game Tickets on Sale
Football | 05/17/2018
Single-game tickets for all seven home games of the 2018 Virginia Football season go on sale...
Playing Careers End for Kirven and Trucilla
Football | 05/11/2018
Virginia football head coach Bronco Mendenhall announced today defensive linemen John Kirven (Ral...
- Online Stores