Oct. 26, 2013
Virginia Game Notes
• Virginia has now lost five games in a row to fall to 2-6, 0-4 ACC.
• Virginia is 17-18-1 all-time vs. Georgia Tech.
• Virginia first-time starters: Zach Bradshaw** (OLB) – ** - denotes true freshman
• Virginia started four true freshmen on defense: (Zach Bradshaw, Tim Harris, Max Valles, Donte Wilkins)
• Georgia Tech is only the second team this season to score on its opening possession of the game against UVa. Oregon also scored on its opening drive against Virginia (Sept. 7).
• Georgia Tech had three players rush for over 100 yards (Zach Laskey -133, Robert Godhigh – 111 and David Sims – 107), marking only the second time in UVa history an opponent accomplished the feat. Clemson in 1982 also had three players rush for over 100 yards with Cliff Austin (105), Chuck McSwain (103) and Jeff McCall (103).
• For the second game in a row, UVa was successful on a two-point conversion when David Watford found Khalek Shepherd in the end zone.
• Quarterback David Watford had a career-high 376 passing yards. The 376 passing yards are the fourth-most in a game in UVa history.
• Watford completed a career-high 43 passes on a career-high 61 pass attempts.
• The 43 pass completions is a UVa record, breaking Matt Schaub’s 41 completions against Georgia Tech in 2002.
• The 61 passing attempts is also a UVa record, breaking Matt Schaub’s 58 attempts against Georgia Tech in 2002.
• Darius Jennings (13 catches) and Tim Smith (10 catches) became the first UVa receiving duo in program history to amass at least 10 catches in the same game.
• Jennings (119 yards) and Smith (151 yards) became the first UVa receiving duo to record over 100 receiving yards in the same since Jennings (136) and Perry Jones (100) did so in 2012 against Louisiana Tech.
• The 13 catches for Jennings were a career high.
• Jennings’ 13 receptions were the most by a Cavalier since Mikell Simpson had 13 at Maryland in 2007.
• The 13 receptions are tied for the second-most in a game by a UVa player. Besides Jennings and Simpson, Alvin Pearman had 13 in 2003 against NC State and Heath Miller had 13 against Virginia Tech in 2003.
• Kevin Parks tied a career high with his ninth rushing touchdown. Parks also had nine rushing TD’s in 2011.
• The 10 catches and 151 receiving yards for Smith were career highs.
• Parks has scored 23 career rushing touchdowns, ranking 8th on UVa’s all-time list.
• Anthony Harris intercepted his fourth and fifth passes of the season.
• The two interceptions was the first multi-interception game by a Cavalier since Rodney McLeod had three at Maryland in 2011.
• Eli Harold recovered his second career fumble.
• Brandon Phelps recovered his first career fumble.
• Khalek Shepherd has a seven-game reception streak.
• Jake Snyder forced his third career fumble.
• Max Valles recovered his first career fumble.
• Donte Wilkins forced his first career fumble.
Revamped Cavaliers Ready for New SeasonMen's Soccer8/26/16Newcomers abound for the Virginia men's soccer team, which opens the season Friday night against Coastal Carolina at Klöckner Stadium.Stearns Making Mark on UniversityWomen's Soccer8/25/16A four-year starter for the Virginia women's soccer team, Morgan Stearns hold the program record for career victories by a goalkeeper.Spanish Journey Strengthens Cavaliers' BondMen's Basketball8/20/16The Virginia men's basketball team made strides on and off the court during its 10-day tour of Spain this month.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Kiser Named to Lombardi Award Watch List
Football | 8/25/2016
Virginia inside linebacker Micah Kiser has been named to the preseason Lombardi Award Watch List
Four Cavaliers Named to the Senior Bowl Watch List
Football | 8/24/2016
Four Virginia football players have been named to the 2017 Senior Bowl Watch List.
Jeff White: Training Camp Notebook
Football | 8/6/2016
Virginia, which opens the season Sept. 3 against Richmond at Scott Stadium, holds its second...
Virginia Athletics Announces Countdown to Kickoff Promotion
Football | 8/5/2016
With kickoff to the 2016 Virginia Football season just over 4 weeks away, Virginia Athletics will...
Meet the Team Day Set for Aug. 13 at Scott Stadium
Football | 8/1/2016
Virginia’s annual Football Meet the Team Day will be held Saturday, Aug. 13 at Scott...
Blanding Named to the Preseason All-ACC Team
Football | 7/27/2016
Virginia free safety Quin Blanding was named to the preseason All-Atlantic Coast Conference team,...
Jeff White: Cavalier Football Notebook
Football | 07/27/2016
The start of training camp is approaching for the Cavaliers, who open the season Sept. 3 against ...
Jeff White: Culture Change Under Way for UVA Football
Football | 07/21/2016
Head coach Bronco Mendenhall, center Jackson Matteo and linebacker Micah Kiser represented...
- Online Stores