Oct. 26, 2013
Virginia Game Notes
• Virginia has now lost five games in a row to fall to 2-6, 0-4 ACC.
• Virginia is 17-18-1 all-time vs. Georgia Tech.
• Virginia first-time starters: Zach Bradshaw** (OLB) – ** - denotes true freshman
• Virginia started four true freshmen on defense: (Zach Bradshaw, Tim Harris, Max Valles, Donte Wilkins)
• Georgia Tech is only the second team this season to score on its opening possession of the game against UVa. Oregon also scored on its opening drive against Virginia (Sept. 7).
• Georgia Tech had three players rush for over 100 yards (Zach Laskey -133, Robert Godhigh – 111 and David Sims – 107), marking only the second time in UVa history an opponent accomplished the feat. Clemson in 1982 also had three players rush for over 100 yards with Cliff Austin (105), Chuck McSwain (103) and Jeff McCall (103).
• For the second game in a row, UVa was successful on a two-point conversion when David Watford found Khalek Shepherd in the end zone.
• Quarterback David Watford had a career-high 376 passing yards. The 376 passing yards are the fourth-most in a game in UVa history.
• Watford completed a career-high 43 passes on a career-high 61 pass attempts.
• The 43 pass completions is a UVa record, breaking Matt Schaub’s 41 completions against Georgia Tech in 2002.
• The 61 passing attempts is also a UVa record, breaking Matt Schaub’s 58 attempts against Georgia Tech in 2002.
• Darius Jennings (13 catches) and Tim Smith (10 catches) became the first UVa receiving duo in program history to amass at least 10 catches in the same game.
• Jennings (119 yards) and Smith (151 yards) became the first UVa receiving duo to record over 100 receiving yards in the same since Jennings (136) and Perry Jones (100) did so in 2012 against Louisiana Tech.
• The 13 catches for Jennings were a career high.
• Jennings’ 13 receptions were the most by a Cavalier since Mikell Simpson had 13 at Maryland in 2007.
• The 13 receptions are tied for the second-most in a game by a UVa player. Besides Jennings and Simpson, Alvin Pearman had 13 in 2003 against NC State and Heath Miller had 13 against Virginia Tech in 2003.
• Kevin Parks tied a career high with his ninth rushing touchdown. Parks also had nine rushing TD’s in 2011.
• The 10 catches and 151 receiving yards for Smith were career highs.
• Parks has scored 23 career rushing touchdowns, ranking 8th on UVa’s all-time list.
• Anthony Harris intercepted his fourth and fifth passes of the season.
• The two interceptions was the first multi-interception game by a Cavalier since Rodney McLeod had three at Maryland in 2011.
• Eli Harold recovered his second career fumble.
• Brandon Phelps recovered his first career fumble.
• Khalek Shepherd has a seven-game reception streak.
• Jake Snyder forced his third career fumble.
• Max Valles recovered his first career fumble.
• Donte Wilkins forced his first career fumble.
Summer Buildup Begins in EarnestMen's Basketball6/28/16The Virginia men's basketball team, which will travel to Spain in August, held its first practice of the summer Tuesday at JPJ.O'Leary Takes Unusual Path to OlympicsWomen's Rowing6/27/16Meghan O'Leary, who played softball and volleyball at UVA, will represent the United States in rowing at the Olympics this summer.Tiffany Plans to Push Pace at UVAMen's Lacrosse6/21/16New men's lacrosse coach Lars Tiffany comes to Virginia from Brown, which went 16-3 and led the nation in scoring this season.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: 'Hoos Focused on Getting Up to Speed
Football | 6/17/2016
Speed training is a major component of the Virginia football team's strength and conditioning...
Virginia's Road Game at UConn to Kick Off at 1:30 p.m.
Football | 6/15/2016
he American Conference announced today Virginia’s road game at UConn on Saturday, Sept. 17 ...
Virginia's Game at Oregon to Kick Off at 10:30 p.m. ET
Football | 6/1/2016
The Pac-12 Conference announced today Virginia's road opener at Oregon on Saturday, Sept. 10 will...
Jeff White: Transfers Eager to Help Lift Program
Football | 5/26/2016
Virginia added three FBS transfers this spring: quarterback Kurt Benkert, offensive guard Jared...
Virginia to Host Richmond at 3:30 p.m. on Sept. 3
Football | 5/19/2016
As part of the announcement of early-season football television selections, the Atlantic Coast...
Blanding and Kiser Named to Lott IMPACT Trophy Watch List
Football | 5/18/2016
Virginia free safety Quin Blanding and inside linebacker Micah Kiser have been named to the 2016 ...
Jack Powers Transfers to UVA from Arizona State
Football | 05/17/2016
Virginia head coach Bronco Mendenhall announced today (May 17), former Arizona State offensive...
Matteo Named to the Rimington Trophy Watch List
Football | 05/17/2016
Virginia football student-athlete Jackson Matteo has been named to the Rimington Trophy Watch List
- Online Stores