Oct. 26, 2013
Virginia Game Notes
• Virginia has now lost five games in a row to fall to 2-6, 0-4 ACC.
• Virginia is 17-18-1 all-time vs. Georgia Tech.
• Virginia first-time starters: Zach Bradshaw** (OLB) – ** - denotes true freshman
• Virginia started four true freshmen on defense: (Zach Bradshaw, Tim Harris, Max Valles, Donte Wilkins)
• Georgia Tech is only the second team this season to score on its opening possession of the game against UVa. Oregon also scored on its opening drive against Virginia (Sept. 7).
• Georgia Tech had three players rush for over 100 yards (Zach Laskey -133, Robert Godhigh – 111 and David Sims – 107), marking only the second time in UVa history an opponent accomplished the feat. Clemson in 1982 also had three players rush for over 100 yards with Cliff Austin (105), Chuck McSwain (103) and Jeff McCall (103).
• For the second game in a row, UVa was successful on a two-point conversion when David Watford found Khalek Shepherd in the end zone.
• Quarterback David Watford had a career-high 376 passing yards. The 376 passing yards are the fourth-most in a game in UVa history.
• Watford completed a career-high 43 passes on a career-high 61 pass attempts.
• The 43 pass completions is a UVa record, breaking Matt Schaub’s 41 completions against Georgia Tech in 2002.
• The 61 passing attempts is also a UVa record, breaking Matt Schaub’s 58 attempts against Georgia Tech in 2002.
• Darius Jennings (13 catches) and Tim Smith (10 catches) became the first UVa receiving duo in program history to amass at least 10 catches in the same game.
• Jennings (119 yards) and Smith (151 yards) became the first UVa receiving duo to record over 100 receiving yards in the same since Jennings (136) and Perry Jones (100) did so in 2012 against Louisiana Tech.
• The 13 catches for Jennings were a career high.
• Jennings’ 13 receptions were the most by a Cavalier since Mikell Simpson had 13 at Maryland in 2007.
• The 13 receptions are tied for the second-most in a game by a UVa player. Besides Jennings and Simpson, Alvin Pearman had 13 in 2003 against NC State and Heath Miller had 13 against Virginia Tech in 2003.
• Kevin Parks tied a career high with his ninth rushing touchdown. Parks also had nine rushing TD’s in 2011.
• The 10 catches and 151 receiving yards for Smith were career highs.
• Parks has scored 23 career rushing touchdowns, ranking 8th on UVa’s all-time list.
• Anthony Harris intercepted his fourth and fifth passes of the season.
• The two interceptions was the first multi-interception game by a Cavalier since Rodney McLeod had three at Maryland in 2011.
• Eli Harold recovered his second career fumble.
• Brandon Phelps recovered his first career fumble.
• Khalek Shepherd has a seven-game reception streak.
• Jake Snyder forced his third career fumble.
• Max Valles recovered his first career fumble.
• Donte Wilkins forced his first career fumble.
Williams' UVA Journey Nearing Its EndMen's Lacrosse4/26/17One game remains in the college career of attackman Zed Williams, who'll graduate from UVA next month with a bachelor's degree in drama.Afamefuna Thriving in New RoleMen's Soccer4/24/17After making the ACC's All-Freshman team as a defender last fall, Virginia's Robin Afamefuna is looking to contribute more at the attacking end this year.'Hoos Head Into Postseason on High NoteWomen's Lacrosse4/22/17In its regular-season finale, Virginia clinched the No. 3 seed in the ACC tournament with a 6-5 win over Virginia Tech at Klöckner Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Spring Football Festival Set for Saturday
Football | 4/17/2017
The Virginia football team will hold its annual Spring Football Festival on Saturday, April 29 at...
Jeff White: Coleman Making Most of Opportunity
Football | 4/21/2017
Lester Coleman, who'll be a redshirt junior in the fall, has emerged as a strong candidate to...
Jeff White: Tight Ends Looking to Boost Productivity
Football | 4/14/2017
During the 2016 season, Virginia's tight ends combined for only eight receptions (for 49 yards...
Level II NCAA Infraction Announced
Football | 4/7/2017
The Virginia athletics department self-reported a violation of NCAA bylaws by the Cavalier...
Three Cavaliers Named to NFF Hampshire Honor Society
Football | 4/5/2017
Virginia football players Nicholas Conte, Ryan Santoro and Connor Wingo-Reeves earned NFF...
Jeff White: Moye Moving Up Depth Chart on D-Line
Football | 4/5/2017
As spring practice continues, rising sophomore Juwan Moye is bidding to replace Donte Wilkins as ...
UVA Football Season Tickets on Sale
Football | 03/03/2017
Season tickets for Virginia's 2017 seven-game home schedule will be on sale for renewals and new ...
Jeff White: Spring Football Notebook
Football | 03/30/2017
On Virginia's rebuilt offensive line, Jake Fieler, who'll be a redshirt junior in the fall, is...
- Online Stores