Nov. 3, 2012
Final Stats |
AP Photo Gallery
Virginia at NC State
Nov. 3, 2012
Virginia Game Notes
- UVa wins at Carter-Finley Stadium for the first time since a 47-26 triumph in 1999.
- UVa is now 22-34-1 all-time against NC State and won for the first time since 2006.
- UVa won on the road for the first time in 2012 and the first time since the 2011 Florida State game.
- UVa allowed 216 yards of total offense. NC State is UVa's third opponent in a row who hasn't broke 235 yards of total offense.
- UVa held NC State to 197 passing yards. NC State entered the game No. 2 in the ACC with a 306 passing yards a game average.
- UVa forced five turnovers against NC State. UVa entered the game with only four on the season.
- UVa entered the game with seven sacks on the season and finished the game with six. UVa had four sacks in the second quarter alone.
- Virginia scored a TD on its opening drive for the first time since the Duke game.
- Virginia led at the half (16-0) for the first time since the Duke game.
- Virginia held an opponent scoreless in the first half for the first time since the William & Mary game in 2011.
- UVa's rushing TD in the first quarter was the first by the Cavaliers since the first quarter of the Duke game - a span of 11 quarters.
- Maurice Canady, Eli Harold and Daquan Romero made their first career starts, pushing UVa's total of first-time starters in 2012 to 18, tying TCU for No. 4 in the nation.
- Vincent Croce, James Valerias and Rob Burns all made collegiate debuts.
- Phillips Sims rushes for his first career touchdown on a 1-yd scamper in the first quarter.
- Anthony Harris made his first career INT in the first quarter and returned it 37 yards.
- Brent Urban collected his first career sack in the second quarter.
- Eli Harold collected his first career INT in the second quarter.
- Harold's INT was the first by a UVa defensive lineman since Nate Collins' pick-six at Maryland in 2009.
- Darius Jennings had an 18-yard TD catch, the shortest scoring reception of his career. He owns 53 and 51-yard TD scores.
- With six catches, Perry Jones now has 114 career receptions and is tied for No. 9 in the UVa annals with Herman Moore and Wali Lundy.