Nov. 5, 2005
Virginia Football Post-game Notes
November 5, 2005 vs. Temple
UVa 51, Temple 3
- DE Chris Long carried the flag to lead the team onto the field.
- TB Wali Lundy scored 4 rushing TDs today, giving him 37 for his career. That passed Thomas Jones and made him the leader in rushing TDs in school history.
- TB Wali Lundy set a career high with 4 rushing TDs in the game. It was the 2nd time he rushed for at least 3 TDs in a game against Temple. The 4 rushing TDs tied the school's modern single-game record. Gene Arnette, Jim Bakhtiar, Tiki Barber, Bill Dudley, Gary Helman, and Terry Kirby are the other players to achieve that mark.
- TB Wali Lundy's TD run on UVa's first possession made this the 2nd straight home game in which the Cavaliers scored a TD on their first possession and the 3rd time in 4 home games this season.
- TB Wali Lundy's TD in the 1st quarter was his first rushing TD this year.
- FB Jason Snelling's TD in the 1st quarter was his first TD of the season, rushing or otherwise, and only the 2nd rushing TD of his career. His TD in the 3rd quarter made this the 1st multi-TD game of his career.
- TB Wali Lundy's 113 yards rushing are a season high. This was his 1st 100-yard game of the season and 11th of his career. Only 4 players - Tiki Barber, Thomas Jones, John Papit, and Terry Kirby - have more career 100-yard games.
- Today's game was TB Wali Lundy's first multi-TD game of the season. It was the 12th multi-TD game of his career and the 9th with at least three TDs.
- LB Kai Parham's QB sack in the 1st quarter was his 9th of the season. That ties him for the 7th highest single season total in school history and 3rd as a linebacker. It also ties him for 16th on the career sack list and 6th among linebackers. He is currently tied with DE Travis Griffith with 12 career sacks.
- LB Ahmad Brooks' sack in the 2nd quarter was his 1st of the season and 13th of his career, tying him with DT Todd White and DE Ljubomir Stamenich for 13th on the career list, 5th among linebackers.
- FB Kevin Bradley made the 1st catch of his career in the 3rd quarter.
- PK Connor Hughes' 12 points today gave him 306 for his career. That places him in a tie for 9th on the ACC's all-time scoring list with UNC RB Leon Johnson. His two FGs brought his career total to 61, which places him 5th on the ACC all-time list.
- DE Brennan Schmidt's interception in the 3rd quarter was the 1st of his career. That interception was the 1st by a Virginia defensive lineman since DT Maurice Anderson had one against Duke in 1999.
- FB Jason Snelling's 126 yards rushing were a career high and a season high for the Cavaliers. His 17 attempts were also a career high.
- With TB Wali Lundy and FB Jason Snelling both rushing for over 100 yards, this game marked the 1st time the Cavaliers had two 100-yard rushers since Alvin Pearman and Wali Lundy did it against Maryland in 2004. It was the 27th time Virginia has had two 100-yard rushers in a game.
- Noah Greenbaum's 41-yard field goal in the fourth quarter was his first career FG. It was also the first appearance of his career since he punted twice against Troy in 2003.
Culture Change Under Way for UVA FootballFootball7/21/16Head coach Bronco Mendenhall, center Jackson Matteo and linebacker Micah Kiser represented Virginia at the ACC Football Kickoff on Thursday.Turner Embraces New Challenge at UVAMen's Lacrosse7/18/16Former UVA men's lacrosse standout Kip Turner is back at his alma mater as an assistant on new head coach Lars Tiffany's staff.Hunter Finds Comfort Zone at UVAMen's Basketball7/15/16The Virginia men's basketball team's freshman class includes De'Andre Hunter, a 6-7 forward from Philadelphia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Culture Change Under Way for UVA Football
Football | 7/21/2016
Head coach Bronco Mendenhall, center Jackson Matteo and linebacker Micah Kiser represented...
Zaccheaus Named to the Paul Hornung Award Watch List
Football | 7/15/2016
Virginia wide receiver Olamide Zaccheaus has been named to the 2016 Paul Hornung Award Watch List.
Johns Earns Two Preseason Honors
Football | 7/15/2016
Virginia quarterback Matt Johns has been named to the Wuerffel Trophy Watch List and named an...
Mizzell Named to the Doak Walker Watch List
Football | 7/14/2016
Virginia running back Taquan Mizzell was named to the 2016 preseason Doak Walker Award Watch List...
Mizzell Named to the Bilentnikoff Watch List
Football | 7/13/2016
Virginia tailback Taquan Mizzell has been named to the preseason Biletnikoff Award Watch List,...
Kiser Named to the Butkus Award Preseason Watch List
Football | 7/12/2016
Virginia inside linebacker Micah Kiser has been named to the preseason Butkus Award Watch List.
Blanding Named to the Jim Thorpe Award Watch List
Football | 07/11/2016
Virginia free safety Quin Blanding and was named to the 2015 preseason Jim Thorpe Award Watch...
Blanding and Kiser Named to the Nagurski Trophy Watch List
Football | 07/08/2016
Virginia free safety Quin Blanding and inside linebacker Micah Kiser have been named to the 2016 ...
- Online Stores