Nov. 23, 2013
Virginia Team Notes
- With the loss, Miami takes over the all-time series lead with UVa, 6-5.
- The loss snaps a three-game winning streak UVa owned over the Hurricanes.
- UVa yielded 28 points off of its four turnovers and scored zero points off its two forced turnovers.
- UVa's PAT that was blocked in the fourth quarter snapped the nation's longest streak of consecutive games without a missed extra point (69 games).
- UVa last missed an extra point against Richmond in 2008.
- UVa outgained Miami in total yards, 483-304.
- For the second time in the Mike London era, UVa lost a game when rushing for over 100 yards and holding its opponent under 100 yards rushing.
Virginia Player Notes
- Tim Smith returned his first punt for a career-long 45 yards.
- Smith's punt return was the longest by a Cavalier since Vic Hall returned a punt 67 yards against Duke in 2007.
- With 10 completions, David Watford broke Michael Rocco's UVa sophomore record (222) for completions.
- Watford's 331 completions in 2013 rank No. 4 all-time at UVa for a season and the most by a Cavalier underclassman.
- With 130 rushing yards, Kevin Parks rushed for over 100 yards for the fifth time this season and the eighth time in his career.
- Parks had 73 rushing yards in the first quarter.
- Parks' 130 rushing yards gives the junior 926 rushing yards for the season, the most by a Cavalier in a season since Alvin Pearman rushed for 1,037 yards in 2004
- Anthony Harris collected his eighth interception of the year and has recorded one pick in five straight games.
- The eight interceptions puts Harris in a three-way tie for No. 2 all-time at UVa for a season.
- Harris joins Ronde Barber (1994) and Kevin Cook (1987) in the No. 2 position. Former UVa safety Keith McMeans owns the program record with nine interceptions in a season (1987).
- Taquan Mizzell scored his first collegiate touchdown on a 10-yard pass from David Watford in the fourth quarter.
- Mizzell added his first career rushing touchdown on a seven-yard scamper in the fourth quarter.
- Mizzell had career highs in receptions (6) and receiving yards (45).
- Greyson Lambert notched career highs in completions (13), attempts (19) and passing yards (134).
- Kyle Dockins collected career highs in receptions (4) and receiving yards (48).
- DreQuan Hoskey collected a career-high eight tackles.
'Hoos Head Into Finals on High NoteMen's Basketball12/7/16No. 14 Virginia, which defeated East Carolina on Tuesday night, doesn't play again until Dec. 17, when Robert Morris visits JPJ.'Hoos Learn Painful Lessons in LossMen's Basketball12/3/16No. 6 Virginia's 24-game winning streak at John Paul Jones Arena ended Saturday with a 66-57 loss to No. 25 West Virginia.Soccer Teams Turn Attention to 2017Men's Soccer12/2/16The Virginia men's and women's soccer teams are fixtures in their respective NCAA tournaments, and 2017 should bring more success for both.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Blanding, Conte and Kiser Earn Coaches All-ACC
Football | 12/8/2016
Free safety Quin Blanding, punter Nicholas Conte and inside linebacker Micah Kiser are Virginia's...
Blanding Named an All-American by the Sporting News
Football | 12/7/2016
Virginia free safety Quin Blanding was named to the second team of the Sporting News' 2016 All-Am...
UVA Football Honored by AFCA For Graduation Rate
Football | 12/5/2016
The Virginia football team was one of 75 institutions recognized this week by the American...
Kiser Named a CoSIDA Football Academic All-American
Football | 12/1/2016
Virginia inside linebacker Micah Kiser has been named to the 2016 College Sports Information...
Blanding, Conte and Kiser Highlight All-ACC Honorees
Football | 11/28/2016
Free safety Quin Blanding, punter Nicholas Conte and inside linebacker Micah Kiser highlight...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Head Into Offseason on Humbling Note
Football | 11/27/2016
UVA finished its first season under head coach Bronco Mendenhall with a 2-10 record after losing ...
Virginia Drops Season Finale to Virginia Tech, 52-10
Football | 11/26/2016
Sam Rogers ran for a career-best 105 yards and two touchdowns and Virginia Tech tuned up for...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Look to End Drought Saturday
Football | 11/25/2016
At noon Saturday, Virginia (2-9, 1-6) closes the season against ACC rival Virginia Tech (8-3, 5-2...
- Online Stores