Nov. 23, 2013
Virginia Team Notes
- With the loss, Miami takes over the all-time series lead with UVa, 6-5.
- The loss snaps a three-game winning streak UVa owned over the Hurricanes.
- UVa yielded 28 points off of its four turnovers and scored zero points off its two forced turnovers.
- UVa's PAT that was blocked in the fourth quarter snapped the nation's longest streak of consecutive games without a missed extra point (69 games).
- UVa last missed an extra point against Richmond in 2008.
- UVa outgained Miami in total yards, 483-304.
- For the second time in the Mike London era, UVa lost a game when rushing for over 100 yards and holding its opponent under 100 yards rushing.
Virginia Player Notes
- Tim Smith returned his first punt for a career-long 45 yards.
- Smith's punt return was the longest by a Cavalier since Vic Hall returned a punt 67 yards against Duke in 2007.
- With 10 completions, David Watford broke Michael Rocco's UVa sophomore record (222) for completions.
- Watford's 331 completions in 2013 rank No. 4 all-time at UVa for a season and the most by a Cavalier underclassman.
- With 130 rushing yards, Kevin Parks rushed for over 100 yards for the fifth time this season and the eighth time in his career.
- Parks had 73 rushing yards in the first quarter.
- Parks' 130 rushing yards gives the junior 926 rushing yards for the season, the most by a Cavalier in a season since Alvin Pearman rushed for 1,037 yards in 2004
- Anthony Harris collected his eighth interception of the year and has recorded one pick in five straight games.
- The eight interceptions puts Harris in a three-way tie for No. 2 all-time at UVa for a season.
- Harris joins Ronde Barber (1994) and Kevin Cook (1987) in the No. 2 position. Former UVa safety Keith McMeans owns the program record with nine interceptions in a season (1987).
- Taquan Mizzell scored his first collegiate touchdown on a 10-yard pass from David Watford in the fourth quarter.
- Mizzell added his first career rushing touchdown on a seven-yard scamper in the fourth quarter.
- Mizzell had career highs in receptions (6) and receiving yards (45).
- Greyson Lambert notched career highs in completions (13), attempts (19) and passing yards (134).
- Kyle Dockins collected career highs in receptions (4) and receiving yards (48).
- DreQuan Hoskey collected a career-high eight tackles.
Selflessness Fuels Cavaliers' Latest TriumphMen's Basketball2/6/16Ninth-ranked Virginia totaled 17 assists in its 64-50 win over ACC rival Pittsburgh at the sold-out Petersen Events Center on Saturday afternoon.'Hoos Heading Into Hostile TerritoryMen's Basketball2/5/16At noon Saturday, in a game to be shown on the ACC Network, No. 9 Virginia (18-4, 7-3) plays Pitt (17-4, 6-3) at the Petersen Events Center.Unorthodox Move Paying Off For CollinsTrack & Field, Cross Country2/4/16Cam Collins transferred in 2014 from Hampden-Sydney College, where he played basketball, to UVA, where he competes on the track & field team.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Returns Home to Host Duke on Saturday
Football | 11/16/2015
Virginia returns home to the Jeffersonian confines of Scott Stadium on Saturday to host the Duke ...
Kickoff for UVA-Virginia Tech Game to Be Announced Nov. 21
Football | 11/16/2015
The Atlantic Coast Conference announced today the start time for Virginia's Nov. 28 home football...
Severin Named ACC Receiver of the Week
Football | 11/16/2015
Virginia senior wide receiver Canaan Severin (Marlborough, Mass.) was named ACC Receiver of the...
Jeff White: Severin Shines Again in Losing Effort
Football | 11/15/2015
In a 38-31 loss to ACC foe Louisville, senior wide receiver Canaan Severin had eight receptions...
Kickoff Time for UVA's Home Game vs. Duke is Set for 3:30 p.m.
Football | 11/9/2015
The Atlantic Coast Conference announced today the start time for Virginia's Nov. 21 home football...
Virginia Drops 38-31 Decision to Louisville
Football | 11/14/2015
QB Matt Johns led the team with 260 passing yards and four touchdowns in loss to the Louisville...
Farm Bureau Insurance Coach's Corner with Mike London...
Football | 11/17/2015
The weekly "Coach's Corner with Mike London" radio program, presented by Virginia Farm Bureau...
Jeff White: Frye Closing Cavalier Career With Flourish
Football | 11/13/2015
With 64 points, senior kicker Ian Frye is the leading scorer for Virginia (3-6, 2-3), which...
- Online Stores