Nov. 23, 2013
Virginia Team Notes
- With the loss, Miami takes over the all-time series lead with UVa, 6-5.
- The loss snaps a three-game winning streak UVa owned over the Hurricanes.
- UVa yielded 28 points off of its four turnovers and scored zero points off its two forced turnovers.
- UVa's PAT that was blocked in the fourth quarter snapped the nation's longest streak of consecutive games without a missed extra point (69 games).
- UVa last missed an extra point against Richmond in 2008.
- UVa outgained Miami in total yards, 483-304.
- For the second time in the Mike London era, UVa lost a game when rushing for over 100 yards and holding its opponent under 100 yards rushing.
Virginia Player Notes
- Tim Smith returned his first punt for a career-long 45 yards.
- Smith's punt return was the longest by a Cavalier since Vic Hall returned a punt 67 yards against Duke in 2007.
- With 10 completions, David Watford broke Michael Rocco's UVa sophomore record (222) for completions.
- Watford's 331 completions in 2013 rank No. 4 all-time at UVa for a season and the most by a Cavalier underclassman.
- With 130 rushing yards, Kevin Parks rushed for over 100 yards for the fifth time this season and the eighth time in his career.
- Parks had 73 rushing yards in the first quarter.
- Parks' 130 rushing yards gives the junior 926 rushing yards for the season, the most by a Cavalier in a season since Alvin Pearman rushed for 1,037 yards in 2004
- Anthony Harris collected his eighth interception of the year and has recorded one pick in five straight games.
- The eight interceptions puts Harris in a three-way tie for No. 2 all-time at UVa for a season.
- Harris joins Ronde Barber (1994) and Kevin Cook (1987) in the No. 2 position. Former UVa safety Keith McMeans owns the program record with nine interceptions in a season (1987).
- Taquan Mizzell scored his first collegiate touchdown on a 10-yard pass from David Watford in the fourth quarter.
- Mizzell added his first career rushing touchdown on a seven-yard scamper in the fourth quarter.
- Mizzell had career highs in receptions (6) and receiving yards (45).
- Greyson Lambert notched career highs in completions (13), attempts (19) and passing yards (134).
- Kyle Dockins collected career highs in receptions (4) and receiving yards (48).
- DreQuan Hoskey collected a career-high eight tackles.
Sky's the Limit for UVA Pole VaulterTrack & Field, Cross Country7/20/17Jeff Jernigan, who over the course of his UVA career became one of the ACC's top pole vaulters, was commissioned in the U.S. Navy in May.Graduate Transfers Bolster Offensive LineFootball7/18/17Graduate transfers John Montelus and Brandon Pertile will compete for starting jobs on the offensive line when UVA opens training camp late this month.'Hoos Hope to Build Momentum EarlyFootball7/15/17Four of Virginia's first five football games this season will be at Scott Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Cavman's Crew All-Star Registration Now Open
Football | 7/21/2017
Registration for the Cavman’s Crew All-Star package is now available at VirginiaSports.com.
Benkert Named to the Golden Arm Watch List
Football | 7/19/2017
Virginia quarterback Kurt Benkert was named to the 2017 Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award Watch List
Jeff White: Graduate Transfers Bolster Offensive Line
Football | 7/18/2017
John Montelus and Brandon Pertile will compete for starting jobs on the offensive line when UVA...
Kiser Named to the Butkus Award Watch List
Football | 7/18/2017
Virginia inside linebacker Micah Kiser has been named to the preseason Butkus Award Watch List.
Blanding Named to the Wuerffel Trophy Preseason Watch List
Football | 7/18/2017
Virginia free safety Quin Blanding was named to the 2017 preseason Wuerffel Trophy Watch List....
Jeff White: 'Hoos Hope to Build Momentum Early
Football | 7/15/2017
Four of Virginia's first five games this season will be at Scott Stadium, starting with the Sept....
Blanding Named to the Thorpe Award Preseason Watch List
Football | 07/14/2017
Virginia free safety Quin Blanding was named to the 2017 preseason Jim Thorpe Award Watch List
Blanding and Kiser Named to the Nagurski Trophy Watch List
Football | 07/13/2017
Virginia free safety Quin Blanding and inside linebacker Micah Kiser have been named to the 2016...
- Online Stores