Nov. 23, 2013
Virginia Team Notes
- With the loss, Miami takes over the all-time series lead with UVa, 6-5.
- The loss snaps a three-game winning streak UVa owned over the Hurricanes.
- UVa yielded 28 points off of its four turnovers and scored zero points off its two forced turnovers.
- UVa's PAT that was blocked in the fourth quarter snapped the nation's longest streak of consecutive games without a missed extra point (69 games).
- UVa last missed an extra point against Richmond in 2008.
- UVa outgained Miami in total yards, 483-304.
- For the second time in the Mike London era, UVa lost a game when rushing for over 100 yards and holding its opponent under 100 yards rushing.
Virginia Player Notes
- Tim Smith returned his first punt for a career-long 45 yards.
- Smith's punt return was the longest by a Cavalier since Vic Hall returned a punt 67 yards against Duke in 2007.
- With 10 completions, David Watford broke Michael Rocco's UVa sophomore record (222) for completions.
- Watford's 331 completions in 2013 rank No. 4 all-time at UVa for a season and the most by a Cavalier underclassman.
- With 130 rushing yards, Kevin Parks rushed for over 100 yards for the fifth time this season and the eighth time in his career.
- Parks had 73 rushing yards in the first quarter.
- Parks' 130 rushing yards gives the junior 926 rushing yards for the season, the most by a Cavalier in a season since Alvin Pearman rushed for 1,037 yards in 2004
- Anthony Harris collected his eighth interception of the year and has recorded one pick in five straight games.
- The eight interceptions puts Harris in a three-way tie for No. 2 all-time at UVa for a season.
- Harris joins Ronde Barber (1994) and Kevin Cook (1987) in the No. 2 position. Former UVa safety Keith McMeans owns the program record with nine interceptions in a season (1987).
- Taquan Mizzell scored his first collegiate touchdown on a 10-yard pass from David Watford in the fourth quarter.
- Mizzell added his first career rushing touchdown on a seven-yard scamper in the fourth quarter.
- Mizzell had career highs in receptions (6) and receiving yards (45).
- Greyson Lambert notched career highs in completions (13), attempts (19) and passing yards (134).
- Kyle Dockins collected career highs in receptions (4) and receiving yards (48).
- DreQuan Hoskey collected a career-high eight tackles.
Road Tests Await 'HoosMen's Basketball1/22/17No. 16 UVA, which beat Georgia Tech at JPJ on Saturday, is on the road Tuesday against No. 15 Notre Dame and next Sunday against No. 1 Villanova.Perseverance Paying Off for SchanyWrestling1/21/17Redshirt sophomore Will Schany is the starting 184-pounder for No. 25 Virginia, which meets No. 6 Virginia Tech at 4 p.m. Sunday in Blacksburg.Selflessness Marks Cavaliers' Latest WinMen's Basketball1/19/17In its latest road victory, a 71-54 conquest of Boston College, No. 16 Virginia recorded assists on 22 of its 27 field goals Wednesday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Mendenhall Announces Four Early Enrollees
Football | 1/18/2017
Virginia football head coach Bronco Mendenhall announced that four members of the program’s...
Virginia Football to Face Maryland in 2023, 2024
Football | 1/12/2017
Virginia and Maryland will meet in football for a two-game series in 2023 and 2024, the schools...
UVA to Meet Georgia in 2020 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game
Football | 1/11/2017
The Virginia Cavaliers and the Georgia Bulldogs will face off in the 2020 Chick-fil-A Kickoff...
Quin Blanding to Return for Senior Season at UVA
Football | 12/26/2016
Cavalier free safety Quin Blanding (Virginia Beach, Va.) announced today he would return to...
Jeff White: True Freshmen Provide Building Blocks
Football | 12/15/2016
Of the nine true freshmen who played for Virginia this fall, many made significant contributions,...
Jeff White: Offseason Work Under Way for Cavaliers
Football | 12/14/2016
Virginia, which finished 2-10 in its first year under Bronco Mendenhall, opens the 2017 season...
Kiser Named Second Team All-American by FWAA
Football | 12/12/2016
Virginia junior inside linebacker Micah Kiser (Baltimore, Md.) was named a second-team All-Americ...
Blanding, Conte and Kiser Earn Coaches All-ACC
Football | 12/08/2016
Free safety Quin Blanding, punter Nicholas Conte and inside linebacker Micah Kiser are Virginia's...
- Online Stores