Nov. 23, 2013
Virginia Team Notes
- With the loss, Miami takes over the all-time series lead with UVa, 6-5.
- The loss snaps a three-game winning streak UVa owned over the Hurricanes.
- UVa yielded 28 points off of its four turnovers and scored zero points off its two forced turnovers.
- UVa's PAT that was blocked in the fourth quarter snapped the nation's longest streak of consecutive games without a missed extra point (69 games).
- UVa last missed an extra point against Richmond in 2008.
- UVa outgained Miami in total yards, 483-304.
- For the second time in the Mike London era, UVa lost a game when rushing for over 100 yards and holding its opponent under 100 yards rushing.
Virginia Player Notes
- Tim Smith returned his first punt for a career-long 45 yards.
- Smith's punt return was the longest by a Cavalier since Vic Hall returned a punt 67 yards against Duke in 2007.
- With 10 completions, David Watford broke Michael Rocco's UVa sophomore record (222) for completions.
- Watford's 331 completions in 2013 rank No. 4 all-time at UVa for a season and the most by a Cavalier underclassman.
- With 130 rushing yards, Kevin Parks rushed for over 100 yards for the fifth time this season and the eighth time in his career.
- Parks had 73 rushing yards in the first quarter.
- Parks' 130 rushing yards gives the junior 926 rushing yards for the season, the most by a Cavalier in a season since Alvin Pearman rushed for 1,037 yards in 2004
- Anthony Harris collected his eighth interception of the year and has recorded one pick in five straight games.
- The eight interceptions puts Harris in a three-way tie for No. 2 all-time at UVa for a season.
- Harris joins Ronde Barber (1994) and Kevin Cook (1987) in the No. 2 position. Former UVa safety Keith McMeans owns the program record with nine interceptions in a season (1987).
- Taquan Mizzell scored his first collegiate touchdown on a 10-yard pass from David Watford in the fourth quarter.
- Mizzell added his first career rushing touchdown on a seven-yard scamper in the fourth quarter.
- Mizzell had career highs in receptions (6) and receiving yards (45).
- Greyson Lambert notched career highs in completions (13), attempts (19) and passing yards (134).
- Kyle Dockins collected career highs in receptions (4) and receiving yards (48).
- DreQuan Hoskey collected a career-high eight tackles.
Tiffany Plans to Push Pace at UVAMen's Lacrosse6/21/16New men's lacrosse coach Lars Tiffany comes to Virginia from Brown, which went 16-3 and led the nation in scoring this season.'Hoos Focused on Getting Up to SpeedFootball6/17/16Speed training is a major component of the Virginia football team's offseason strength and conditioning program.Hardin Eager To Take On New ChallengeSoftball6/13/16Virginia's new softball coach, Joanna Hardin, posted a 79-34 record, with one NCAA tournament appearance, in two seasons at McNeese State.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: 'Hoos Focused on Getting Up to Speed
Football | 6/17/2016
Speed training is a major component of the Virginia football team's strength and conditioning...
Virginia's Road Game at UConn to Kick Off at 1:30 p.m.
Football | 6/15/2016
he American Conference announced today Virginia’s road game at UConn on Saturday, Sept. 17 ...
Virginia's Game at Oregon to Kick Off at 10:30 p.m. ET
Football | 6/1/2016
The Pac-12 Conference announced today Virginia's road opener at Oregon on Saturday, Sept. 10 will...
Jeff White: Transfers Eager to Help Lift Program
Football | 5/26/2016
Virginia added three FBS transfers this spring: quarterback Kurt Benkert, offensive guard Jared...
Virginia to Host Richmond at 3:30 p.m. on Sept. 3
Football | 5/19/2016
As part of the announcement of early-season football television selections, the Atlantic Coast...
Blanding and Kiser Named to Lott IMPACT Trophy Watch List
Football | 5/18/2016
Virginia free safety Quin Blanding and inside linebacker Micah Kiser have been named to the 2016 ...
Jack Powers Transfers to UVA from Arizona State
Football | 05/17/2016
Virginia head coach Bronco Mendenhall announced today (May 17), former Arizona State offensive...
Matteo Named to the Rimington Trophy Watch List
Football | 05/17/2016
Virginia football student-athlete Jackson Matteo has been named to the Rimington Trophy Watch List
- Online Stores