Nov. 23, 2013
Virginia Team Notes
- With the loss, Miami takes over the all-time series lead with UVa, 6-5.
- The loss snaps a three-game winning streak UVa owned over the Hurricanes.
- UVa yielded 28 points off of its four turnovers and scored zero points off its two forced turnovers.
- UVa's PAT that was blocked in the fourth quarter snapped the nation's longest streak of consecutive games without a missed extra point (69 games).
- UVa last missed an extra point against Richmond in 2008.
- UVa outgained Miami in total yards, 483-304.
- For the second time in the Mike London era, UVa lost a game when rushing for over 100 yards and holding its opponent under 100 yards rushing.
Virginia Player Notes
- Tim Smith returned his first punt for a career-long 45 yards.
- Smith's punt return was the longest by a Cavalier since Vic Hall returned a punt 67 yards against Duke in 2007.
- With 10 completions, David Watford broke Michael Rocco's UVa sophomore record (222) for completions.
- Watford's 331 completions in 2013 rank No. 4 all-time at UVa for a season and the most by a Cavalier underclassman.
- With 130 rushing yards, Kevin Parks rushed for over 100 yards for the fifth time this season and the eighth time in his career.
- Parks had 73 rushing yards in the first quarter.
- Parks' 130 rushing yards gives the junior 926 rushing yards for the season, the most by a Cavalier in a season since Alvin Pearman rushed for 1,037 yards in 2004
- Anthony Harris collected his eighth interception of the year and has recorded one pick in five straight games.
- The eight interceptions puts Harris in a three-way tie for No. 2 all-time at UVa for a season.
- Harris joins Ronde Barber (1994) and Kevin Cook (1987) in the No. 2 position. Former UVa safety Keith McMeans owns the program record with nine interceptions in a season (1987).
- Taquan Mizzell scored his first collegiate touchdown on a 10-yard pass from David Watford in the fourth quarter.
- Mizzell added his first career rushing touchdown on a seven-yard scamper in the fourth quarter.
- Mizzell had career highs in receptions (6) and receiving yards (45).
- Greyson Lambert notched career highs in completions (13), attempts (19) and passing yards (134).
- Kyle Dockins collected career highs in receptions (4) and receiving yards (48).
- DreQuan Hoskey collected a career-high eight tackles.
O-Line Looking to Raise Its GameFootball3/24/17Guard Jack McDonald and tackle Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia, which starts spring practice Tuesday.Weber Hitting Right Notes on DiamondBaseball3/23/17Sophomore Andy Weber starts at second base for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts ACC rival Duke this weekend at Davenport Field.Successful Season Ends on Excruciating NoteMen's Basketball3/19/17Virginia's fourth consecutive appearance in the NCAA tournament ended with a 65-39 second-round loss to Florida in Orlando, Fla.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Offensive Line Looking to Raise Its Game
Football | 3/24/2017
Jack McDonald and Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia,...
Atkins Honored by DC Touchdown Club
Football | 3/8/2017
The DC Touchdown Club announced Wednesday (March 8) that current Virginia freshman running back...
UVA Football Season Ticket Sales Start March 8
Football | 3/3/2017
Season tickets for Virginia’s 2017 seven-game home schedule will be on sale for renewals...
2017 UVA Game at Boise State Moved to Friday, Sept. 22
Football | 3/2/2017
ESPN and the Mountain West Conference have announced that the Virginia football game at Boise...
Virginia Adds Two More FBS Transfers to the Fold
Football | 2/21/2017
Virginia football head coach Bronco Mendenhall has added two more FBS transfers to the program.
Jeff White: Cavalier Football Notebook
Football | 2/15/2017
Quarterback Kurt Benkert, who began his college career at East Carolina, learned valuable lessons...
Blanding to be Awarded the MacArthur Award
Football | 02/08/2017
Virginia free safety Quin Blanding will be honored with the General Douglas MacArthur Award for...
Three Cavaliers Earn All-ACC Academic Honors
Football | 02/08/2017
Three Virginia Cavaliers have been named to the 2016 Atlantic Coast Conference All-Academic...
- Online Stores