Nov. 23, 2013
Virginia Team Notes
- With the loss, Miami takes over the all-time series lead with UVa, 6-5.
- The loss snaps a three-game winning streak UVa owned over the Hurricanes.
- UVa yielded 28 points off of its four turnovers and scored zero points off its two forced turnovers.
- UVa's PAT that was blocked in the fourth quarter snapped the nation's longest streak of consecutive games without a missed extra point (69 games).
- UVa last missed an extra point against Richmond in 2008.
- UVa outgained Miami in total yards, 483-304.
- For the second time in the Mike London era, UVa lost a game when rushing for over 100 yards and holding its opponent under 100 yards rushing.
Virginia Player Notes
- Tim Smith returned his first punt for a career-long 45 yards.
- Smith's punt return was the longest by a Cavalier since Vic Hall returned a punt 67 yards against Duke in 2007.
- With 10 completions, David Watford broke Michael Rocco's UVa sophomore record (222) for completions.
- Watford's 331 completions in 2013 rank No. 4 all-time at UVa for a season and the most by a Cavalier underclassman.
- With 130 rushing yards, Kevin Parks rushed for over 100 yards for the fifth time this season and the eighth time in his career.
- Parks had 73 rushing yards in the first quarter.
- Parks' 130 rushing yards gives the junior 926 rushing yards for the season, the most by a Cavalier in a season since Alvin Pearman rushed for 1,037 yards in 2004
- Anthony Harris collected his eighth interception of the year and has recorded one pick in five straight games.
- The eight interceptions puts Harris in a three-way tie for No. 2 all-time at UVa for a season.
- Harris joins Ronde Barber (1994) and Kevin Cook (1987) in the No. 2 position. Former UVa safety Keith McMeans owns the program record with nine interceptions in a season (1987).
- Taquan Mizzell scored his first collegiate touchdown on a 10-yard pass from David Watford in the fourth quarter.
- Mizzell added his first career rushing touchdown on a seven-yard scamper in the fourth quarter.
- Mizzell had career highs in receptions (6) and receiving yards (45).
- Greyson Lambert notched career highs in completions (13), attempts (19) and passing yards (134).
- Kyle Dockins collected career highs in receptions (4) and receiving yards (48).
- DreQuan Hoskey collected a career-high eight tackles.
Cavaliers Keep Rolling at JPJMen's Basketball1/15/18No. 3 Virginia remained atop the ACC standings with a 68-51 victory over NC State at John Paul Jones Arena on Sunday night.Singh Back in Familiar SurroundingsMen's Tennis1/12/18Former UVA tennis star Sanam Singh is back at his alma mater as the volunteer assistant coach in the men's program.Hayes Making Immediate ImpactWrestling1/10/18Redshirt freshman Louie Hayes is ranked No. 13 nationally at 125 pounds for Virginia, which competes at the Virginia Duals this weekend in Hampton.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Announces 2018 Football Schedule
Football | 1/17/2018
The Atlantic Coast Conference has released the 2018 football schedules for its member...
Griswold Named Dir. of FB Development & Performance
Football | 1/9/2018
Virginia head football coach Bronco Mendenhall announced today (Jan. 9) that Shawn Griswold has...
Jeff White: Brumfield Eager to Get Started at UVA
Football | 1/3/2018
Ricky Brumfield will join head coach Bronco Mendenhall's staff at UVA next week as special teams ...
Ricky Brumfield Named Assistant Football Coach
Football | 12/30/2017
Virginia head football coach Bronco Mendenhall announced today (Dec. 30) the hiring of Ricky...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Head Into Offseason On Humbling Note
Football | 12/29/2017
In its first postseason appearance in six years, Virginia lost 49-7 to Navy in the Military Bowl ...
UVA Falls in the Military Bowl at Navy, 49-7
Football | 12/28/2017
Joe Reed returned the game's opening kickoff 98 yards for a touchdown. It was the fifth-longest...
Jeff White: New Chapter Awaits 'Hoos in Annapolis
Football | 12/27/2017
A victory Thursday over Navy (6-6) in the Military Bowl in Annapolis, Md., would give Virginia (6...
Jeff White: Harrison Proud of Cavaliers' Progress
Football | 12/24/2017
Former UVA standout Chris Harrison is on the board of directors of the Military Bowl, in which...
- Online Stores