Nov. 24, 2012
Virginia at Virginia Tech
Nov. 24, 2012
Virginia Game Notes
- UVa falls to Virginia Tech for the ninth year in a row and now trails in the series for the Commonwealth Cup, 52-37-5
- At halftime the game was tied, 7-7, marking the first time since the 2004 battle for the Commonwealth Cup the game was tied at half. The score in the 2004 game was 0-0 at the half
- Steve Greer finishes his career with a career-high 19 tackles
- Greer finishes his career with 376 tackles, good to rank No. 6 all-time
- La'Roy Reynolds also posted a career high with 15 tackles
- Reynolds was credited with a sack in the second quarter - it was the second of his career and the first since the 2010 Boston College game on Nov. 20
- Greer and Reynolds combined for 528 tackles since the start of the 2010 season
- Dominqiue Terrell finished the game with three receptions - giving him a reception in 14 consecutive games, the longest current streak on the team
- Perry Jones and Darius Jennings each made receptions and extended their active streak to 13 consecutive games with a reception
- Jones finishes his career with 129 receptions - ranking No. 5 all-time at UVa
- Jones also finishes No. 9 at UVa in all-time all-purpose yards (3,722) and No. 17 in career rushing (2,033)
- Brent Urban's 16-yard fumble return for a TD was UVa's first fumble return for a TD since Chris Cook at Miami in 2007
- Urban's fumble return also was UVa's first fumble return of the season and gave UVa its first non-offensive TD of the season
- With 4,829 yards of total offense, Michael Rocco finishes the season No. 8 all-time at UVa
- With 4,731 passing yards, Rocco finishes the season No. 8 all-time at UVa
- Alec Vozenilek had a 57-yard punt in the third quarter, setting a new career long
1992-93 Cavaliers Step Back Into SpotlightWomen's Basketball1/20/18The 1992-93 Virginia women's basketball team will be honored Sunday at John Paul Jones Arena as part of National Girls and Women in Sports Day.'Hoos Make Themselves at Home in AtlantaMen's Basketball1/19/18No. 2 Virginia, which plays Sunday at Wake Forest, stretched its winning streak to nine games with a victory over Georgia Tech in Atlanta on Thursday night.Tyson Finds Perfect Fit at UVAWomen's Squash1/18/18Annie Tyson, who also starred in lacrosse in high school, is one of the leaders of the UVA women's squash team.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Announces 2018 Football Schedule
Football | 1/17/2018
The Atlantic Coast Conference has released the 2018 football schedules for its member...
Griswold Named Dir. of FB Development & Performance
Football | 1/9/2018
Virginia head football coach Bronco Mendenhall announced today (Jan. 9) that Shawn Griswold has...
Jeff White: Brumfield Eager to Get Started at UVA
Football | 1/3/2018
Ricky Brumfield will join head coach Bronco Mendenhall's staff at UVA next week as special teams ...
Ricky Brumfield Named Assistant Football Coach
Football | 12/30/2017
Virginia head football coach Bronco Mendenhall announced today (Dec. 30) the hiring of Ricky...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Head Into Offseason On Humbling Note
Football | 12/29/2017
In its first postseason appearance in six years, Virginia lost 49-7 to Navy in the Military Bowl ...
UVA Falls in the Military Bowl at Navy, 49-7
Football | 12/28/2017
Joe Reed returned the game's opening kickoff 98 yards for a touchdown. It was the fifth-longest...
Jeff White: New Chapter Awaits 'Hoos in Annapolis
Football | 12/27/2017
A victory Thursday over Navy (6-6) in the Military Bowl in Annapolis, Md., would give Virginia (6...
Jeff White: Harrison Proud of Cavaliers' Progress
Football | 12/24/2017
Former UVA standout Chris Harrison is on the board of directors of the Military Bowl, in which...
- Online Stores