Nov. 24, 2012
Virginia at Virginia Tech
Nov. 24, 2012
Virginia Game Notes
- UVa falls to Virginia Tech for the ninth year in a row and now trails in the series for the Commonwealth Cup, 52-37-5
- At halftime the game was tied, 7-7, marking the first time since the 2004 battle for the Commonwealth Cup the game was tied at half. The score in the 2004 game was 0-0 at the half
- Steve Greer finishes his career with a career-high 19 tackles
- Greer finishes his career with 376 tackles, good to rank No. 6 all-time
- La'Roy Reynolds also posted a career high with 15 tackles
- Reynolds was credited with a sack in the second quarter - it was the second of his career and the first since the 2010 Boston College game on Nov. 20
- Greer and Reynolds combined for 528 tackles since the start of the 2010 season
- Dominqiue Terrell finished the game with three receptions - giving him a reception in 14 consecutive games, the longest current streak on the team
- Perry Jones and Darius Jennings each made receptions and extended their active streak to 13 consecutive games with a reception
- Jones finishes his career with 129 receptions - ranking No. 5 all-time at UVa
- Jones also finishes No. 9 at UVa in all-time all-purpose yards (3,722) and No. 17 in career rushing (2,033)
- Brent Urban's 16-yard fumble return for a TD was UVa's first fumble return for a TD since Chris Cook at Miami in 2007
- Urban's fumble return also was UVa's first fumble return of the season and gave UVa its first non-offensive TD of the season
- With 4,829 yards of total offense, Michael Rocco finishes the season No. 8 all-time at UVa
- With 4,731 passing yards, Rocco finishes the season No. 8 all-time at UVa
- Alec Vozenilek had a 57-yard punt in the third quarter, setting a new career long
'Hoos Find Winning Formula on RoadMen's Basketball1/14/17Led by senior London Perrantes and junior Marial Shayok, No. 19 Virginia defeated ACC rival Clemson 77-73 at Littlejohn Coliseum on Saturday.Salt Carving Out Niche at UVAMen's Basketball1/13/17Jack Salt, a redshirt sophomore from New Zealand, starts at center for No. 19 Virginia, which plays Saturday at ACC rival Clemson.Fong Helping Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceSwimming & Diving1/10/17The UVA men's swimming & diving team, which hosts Virginia Tech this weekend at the Aquatic & Fitness Center, is ranked No. 15 nationally.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Football to Face Maryland in 2023, 2024
Football | 1/12/2017
Virginia and Maryland will meet in football for a two-game series in 2023 and 2024, the schools...
UVA to Meet Georgia in 2020 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game
Football | 1/11/2017
The Virginia Cavaliers and the Georgia Bulldogs will face off in the 2020 Chick-fil-A Kickoff...
Quin Blanding to Return for Senior Season at UVA
Football | 12/26/2016
Cavalier free safety Quin Blanding (Virginia Beach, Va.) announced today he would return to...
Jeff White: True Freshmen Provide Building Blocks
Football | 12/15/2016
Of the nine true freshmen who played for Virginia this fall, many made significant contributions,...
Jeff White: Offseason Work Under Way for Cavaliers
Football | 12/14/2016
Virginia, which finished 2-10 in its first year under Bronco Mendenhall, opens the 2017 season...
Kiser Named Second Team All-American by FWAA
Football | 12/12/2016
Virginia junior inside linebacker Micah Kiser (Baltimore, Md.) was named a second-team All-Americ...
Blanding, Conte and Kiser Earn Coaches All-ACC
Football | 12/08/2016
Free safety Quin Blanding, punter Nicholas Conte and inside linebacker Micah Kiser are Virginia's...
Blanding Named an All-American by the Sporting News
Football | 12/07/2016
Virginia free safety Quin Blanding was named to the second team of the Sporting News' 2016 All-Am...
- Online Stores