Nov. 24, 2012
Virginia at Virginia Tech
Nov. 24, 2012
Virginia Game Notes
- UVa falls to Virginia Tech for the ninth year in a row and now trails in the series for the Commonwealth Cup, 52-37-5
- At halftime the game was tied, 7-7, marking the first time since the 2004 battle for the Commonwealth Cup the game was tied at half. The score in the 2004 game was 0-0 at the half
- Steve Greer finishes his career with a career-high 19 tackles
- Greer finishes his career with 376 tackles, good to rank No. 6 all-time
- La'Roy Reynolds also posted a career high with 15 tackles
- Reynolds was credited with a sack in the second quarter - it was the second of his career and the first since the 2010 Boston College game on Nov. 20
- Greer and Reynolds combined for 528 tackles since the start of the 2010 season
- Dominqiue Terrell finished the game with three receptions - giving him a reception in 14 consecutive games, the longest current streak on the team
- Perry Jones and Darius Jennings each made receptions and extended their active streak to 13 consecutive games with a reception
- Jones finishes his career with 129 receptions - ranking No. 5 all-time at UVa
- Jones also finishes No. 9 at UVa in all-time all-purpose yards (3,722) and No. 17 in career rushing (2,033)
- Brent Urban's 16-yard fumble return for a TD was UVa's first fumble return for a TD since Chris Cook at Miami in 2007
- Urban's fumble return also was UVa's first fumble return of the season and gave UVa its first non-offensive TD of the season
- With 4,829 yards of total offense, Michael Rocco finishes the season No. 8 all-time at UVa
- With 4,731 passing yards, Rocco finishes the season No. 8 all-time at UVa
- Alec Vozenilek had a 57-yard punt in the third quarter, setting a new career long
Margin of Error Gone for CavaliersMen's Lacrosse4/29/16To become eligible for an NCAA men's lacrosse tournament bid, Virginia (7-7) must upset second-ranked Brown (13-1) on Saturday night.UVA Spring Football NotebookFootball4/27/16With spring practice over, Virginia head coach Bronco Mendenhall and his assistants have turned their focus to recruiting.Cavaliers Push On With Heavy HeartsBaseball4/25/16No. 21 Virginia, coming off an emotionally draining weekend in Coral Gables, Fla., meets ODU at noon Tuesday in Norfolk at Harbor Park.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Canady Selected by the Ravens in the 2016 NFL Draft
Football | 4/30/2016
Virginia senior cornerback Maurice Canady (Richmond, Va.) was selected by the Baltimore Ravens...
Jeff White: Spring Football Notebook
Football | 4/27/2016
With practice over until training camp begins in August, Virginia's coaching staff has shifted...
Frye Named to NFF Hampshire Honor Society
Football | 4/27/2016
Virginia football player Ian Frye has earned NFF Hampshire Honor Society membership
Jeff White: Mendenhall Philosophy Taking Root at UVA
Football | 4/24/2016
Virginia, in its first year under head coach Bronco Mendenhall, concluded spring practice...
Spring Football Festival Set for April 23 at Scott Stadium
Football | 4/19/2016
The Virginia football team will hold its annual Spring Football Festival on Saturday, April 23 at...
Thornhill Thriving On Bigger Stage
Football | 4/22/2016
Rising sophomore Juan Thornhill, a graduate of tiny Altavista High, has been working with...
Jeff White: Levrone Working to Make Up for Lost Time
Football | 04/14/2016
Redshirt junior Andre Levrone is among the wide receivers who have impressed Virginia head coach ...
Jeff White: Football Alumni Eager for Mendenhall Era
Football | 04/11/2016
About 250 former UVA players returned to Charlottesville over the weekend at the invitation of...
- Online Stores