Nov. 24, 2012
Virginia at Virginia Tech
Nov. 24, 2012
Virginia Game Notes
- UVa falls to Virginia Tech for the ninth year in a row and now trails in the series for the Commonwealth Cup, 52-37-5
- At halftime the game was tied, 7-7, marking the first time since the 2004 battle for the Commonwealth Cup the game was tied at half. The score in the 2004 game was 0-0 at the half
- Steve Greer finishes his career with a career-high 19 tackles
- Greer finishes his career with 376 tackles, good to rank No. 6 all-time
- La'Roy Reynolds also posted a career high with 15 tackles
- Reynolds was credited with a sack in the second quarter - it was the second of his career and the first since the 2010 Boston College game on Nov. 20
- Greer and Reynolds combined for 528 tackles since the start of the 2010 season
- Dominqiue Terrell finished the game with three receptions - giving him a reception in 14 consecutive games, the longest current streak on the team
- Perry Jones and Darius Jennings each made receptions and extended their active streak to 13 consecutive games with a reception
- Jones finishes his career with 129 receptions - ranking No. 5 all-time at UVa
- Jones also finishes No. 9 at UVa in all-time all-purpose yards (3,722) and No. 17 in career rushing (2,033)
- Brent Urban's 16-yard fumble return for a TD was UVa's first fumble return for a TD since Chris Cook at Miami in 2007
- Urban's fumble return also was UVa's first fumble return of the season and gave UVa its first non-offensive TD of the season
- With 4,829 yards of total offense, Michael Rocco finishes the season No. 8 all-time at UVa
- With 4,731 passing yards, Rocco finishes the season No. 8 all-time at UVa
- Alec Vozenilek had a 57-yard punt in the third quarter, setting a new career long
'Hoos Head Into Finals on High NoteMen's Basketball12/7/16No. 14 Virginia, which defeated East Carolina on Tuesday night, doesn't play again until Dec. 17, when Robert Morris visits JPJ.'Hoos Learn Painful Lessons in LossMen's Basketball12/3/16No. 6 Virginia's 24-game winning streak at John Paul Jones Arena ended Saturday with a 66-57 loss to No. 25 West Virginia.Soccer Teams Turn Attention to 2017Men's Soccer12/2/16The Virginia men's and women's soccer teams are fixtures in their respective NCAA tournaments, and 2017 should bring more success for both.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Blanding, Conte and Kiser Earn Coaches All-ACC
Football | 12/8/2016
Free safety Quin Blanding, punter Nicholas Conte and inside linebacker Micah Kiser are Virginia's...
Blanding Named an All-American by the Sporting News
Football | 12/7/2016
Virginia free safety Quin Blanding was named to the second team of the Sporting News' 2016 All-Am...
UVA Football Honored by AFCA For Graduation Rate
Football | 12/5/2016
The Virginia football team was one of 75 institutions recognized this week by the American...
Kiser Named a CoSIDA Football Academic All-American
Football | 12/1/2016
Virginia inside linebacker Micah Kiser has been named to the 2016 College Sports Information...
Blanding, Conte and Kiser Highlight All-ACC Honorees
Football | 11/28/2016
Free safety Quin Blanding, punter Nicholas Conte and inside linebacker Micah Kiser highlight...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Head Into Offseason on Humbling Note
Football | 11/27/2016
UVA finished its first season under head coach Bronco Mendenhall with a 2-10 record after losing ...
Virginia Drops Season Finale to Virginia Tech, 52-10
Football | 11/26/2016
Sam Rogers ran for a career-best 105 yards and two touchdowns and Virginia Tech tuned up for...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Look to End Drought Saturday
Football | 11/25/2016
At noon Saturday, Virginia (2-9, 1-6) closes the season against ACC rival Virginia Tech (8-3, 5-2...
- Online Stores