Nov. 24, 2012
Virginia at Virginia Tech
Nov. 24, 2012
Virginia Game Notes
- UVa falls to Virginia Tech for the ninth year in a row and now trails in the series for the Commonwealth Cup, 52-37-5
- At halftime the game was tied, 7-7, marking the first time since the 2004 battle for the Commonwealth Cup the game was tied at half. The score in the 2004 game was 0-0 at the half
- Steve Greer finishes his career with a career-high 19 tackles
- Greer finishes his career with 376 tackles, good to rank No. 6 all-time
- La'Roy Reynolds also posted a career high with 15 tackles
- Reynolds was credited with a sack in the second quarter - it was the second of his career and the first since the 2010 Boston College game on Nov. 20
- Greer and Reynolds combined for 528 tackles since the start of the 2010 season
- Dominqiue Terrell finished the game with three receptions - giving him a reception in 14 consecutive games, the longest current streak on the team
- Perry Jones and Darius Jennings each made receptions and extended their active streak to 13 consecutive games with a reception
- Jones finishes his career with 129 receptions - ranking No. 5 all-time at UVa
- Jones also finishes No. 9 at UVa in all-time all-purpose yards (3,722) and No. 17 in career rushing (2,033)
- Brent Urban's 16-yard fumble return for a TD was UVa's first fumble return for a TD since Chris Cook at Miami in 2007
- Urban's fumble return also was UVa's first fumble return of the season and gave UVa its first non-offensive TD of the season
- With 4,829 yards of total offense, Michael Rocco finishes the season No. 8 all-time at UVa
- With 4,731 passing yards, Rocco finishes the season No. 8 all-time at UVa
- Alec Vozenilek had a 57-yard punt in the third quarter, setting a new career long
Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.Hall Working to Raise NBA StockMen's Basketball6/12/18By the time the NBA draft arrives on June 21, former UVA guard Devon Hall will have worked out for nearly two-thirds of the league's 30 teams.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Ryan Phillis Joins Football Conditioning Staff
Football | 6/15/2018
Virginia's director of football development and performance Shawn Griswold has added Ryan...
DL Cassius Peat Transfers to Virginia from Scottsdale...
Football | 6/2/2018
Scottsdale Community College defensive lineman Cassius Peat (Chandler, Ariz.) has announced he...
Virginia's Road Game at Indiana to Kick Off at 7:30 p.m.
Football | 5/31/2018
The Big Ten Conference announced today Virginia's road game at Indiana on Saturday, September 8...
Jeff White: UVA Pioneer Ready for Next Chapter
Football | 5/21/2018
Kent Merritt, who's retiring from his position in the history department, was among the players...
Kickoff Times Announced for Three Virginia Home Games
Football | 5/18/2018
As part of the announcement of early-season football television selections, the Atlantic Coast...
Jeff White: Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall, Williams
Football | 5/17/2018
Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with ...
Virginia Football Single-Game Tickets on Sale
Football | 05/17/2018
Single-game tickets for all seven home games of the 2018 Virginia Football season go on sale...
Playing Careers End for Kirven and Trucilla
Football | 05/11/2018
Virginia football head coach Bronco Mendenhall announced today defensive linemen John Kirven (Ral...
- Online Stores