Oct. 13, 2012
Maryland at Virginia
Oct. 13, 2012
Virginia Game Notes
• Virginia is now 45-41-2 on Homecomings.
• Virginia held Maryland to negative two yards rushing, marking the first time the Cavaliers held an opponent to negative rushing yards since the 2006 meeting with Duke. It was the first time Maryland failed to have positive yards rushing since going for negative nine yards against NC State in 2010.
• UVa’s rushing total of 168 is the most allowed by Maryland this season. Terps entered the game ranked No. 7 in the NCAA at 81.00 yards allowed per game.
• Maryland became the first team to return a kickoff for a touchdown against Virginia since Southern Miss in 2009.
• UVa scored 10 points in the third quarter against Maryland, its first points in the third quarter of a game since a TD drive against Penn State on Sept. 8.
• Phillip Sims’ TD toss to E.J. Scott in the third quarter was UVa’s first touchdown after being stifled from the endzone over the previous five quarters.
• Kevin Parks started for the first time in his career. Both he and fellow tailback Perry Jones lined up in the offensive backfield for UVa on its first play.
• Parks’ 26-yard rush in 2nd quarter was the longest run against Maryland’s defense this season.
• Parks finished with a career high 129 rushing yards. His previous best was 114 rushing yards vs. William & Mary in his collegiate debut in 2011.
• Zach Swanson’s 36-yard reception at the end of the first quarter was the longest reception in his career.
• Drew Jarrett’s second quarter field goal attempt was his third consecutive miss and his fourth in his last five attempts.
• Ian Frye attempted and converted his first field goal and extra point of his career during today’s game.
• Phillip Sims’ 14-yard run in the second quarter was the longest in his career.
• With 79 passing yards, Michael Rocco became the ninth player in UVa history to reach 4,000 career-passing yards.
• Rocco also passed Dan Ellis (3,974) for No. 9 all-time at UVa in career passing and currently has 4,016career passing yards.
• With seven tackles, Steve Greer ties P.J. Killian (316) for No. 11 all time at UVa in career tackles.
• Eli Harold finished the game with 1.5 sacks, his first quarterback sacks of his career.
• Chris Brathwaite finished the game with 0.5 sacks, the first of his career.
• La’Roy Reynolds tied his career high with 12 tackles. Reynolds set his mark against Southern Miss in2011.
• Since missing two games with a hand injury, Reynolds has 23 tackles over the past two games.
Cook Ready To Make Up For Lost TimeFootball3/27/17After missing last season with a heart condition, UVA outside linebacker Malcolm Cook has been cleared to play again.Offensive Line Looking to Raise Its GameFootball3/24/17Guard Jack McDonald and tackle Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia, which starts spring practice Tuesday.Weber Hitting Right Notes on DiamondBaseball3/23/17Sophomore Andy Weber starts at second base for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts ACC rival Duke this weekend at Davenport Field.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Cook Ready To Make Up For Lost Time
Football | 3/27/2017
After missing last season with a heart condition, UVA outside linebacker Malcolm Cook has been...
Jeff White: Offensive Line Looking to Raise Its Game
Football | 3/24/2017
Jack McDonald and Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia,...
Atkins Honored by DC Touchdown Club
Football | 3/8/2017
The DC Touchdown Club announced Wednesday (March 8) that current Virginia freshman running back...
UVA Football Season Ticket Sales Start March 8
Football | 3/3/2017
Season tickets for Virginia’s 2017 seven-game home schedule will be on sale for renewals...
2017 UVA Game at Boise State Moved to Friday, Sept. 22
Football | 3/2/2017
ESPN and the Mountain West Conference have announced that the Virginia football game at Boise...
Virginia Adds Two More FBS Transfers to the Fold
Football | 2/21/2017
Virginia football head coach Bronco Mendenhall has added two more FBS transfers to the program.
Jeff White: Cavalier Football Notebook
Football | 02/15/2017
Quarterback Kurt Benkert, who began his college career at East Carolina, learned valuable lessons...
Coach's Corner with Bronco Mendenhall Returns Tonight
Football | 03/27/2017
Listen to Coach's Corner Live (Free)
Radio program on the Virginia Sports Network begins at 7:...
- Online Stores