Nov. 10, 2012
Miami Postgame Notes
• Today’s Captains: Brandon Linder, Mike James, Shayon Green, Brandon McGee, Stephen Morris.
• Weather at kickoff: Temperature: 56 degrees. Wind: Calm. Sunny and fair.
• Today’s offensive starters: WR Duke Johnson, WR Phillip Dorsett, WR Davon Johnson, WR Allen Hurns, RB Mike James, QB Stephen Morris, LT Malcolm Bunch, LG Jon
Feliciano, C Shane McDermott, RG Brandon Linder, RT Seantrel Henderson.
• Today’s defensive starters: DE Anthony Chickillo, DE Shayon Green, DT Curtis Porter, DT Olsen Pierre, LB Thurston Armbrister, LB James Gaines, LB Gionni Paul, CB
Ladarius Gunter, CB Brandon McGee, S Kacy Rodgers II, S A.J. Highsmith.
• Miami defense picked up its third safety of the season in the fourth quarter.
• The Hurricanes are now 5-5 all-time against Virginia.
• Freshman Duke Johnson tossed a touchdown on the fi rst pass of his collegiate career, an 8-yarder to Allen Hurns.
• The pass TD for Johnson gives him at least one score passing, rushing, receiving and off a kick this season.
• On Johnson’s next touch, he raced 95 yards down the right sideline for his second kickoff return of the season. The two kick returns tie him for the most in school history
with Tim Morgan (1973-76), Ottis Anderson (1975-78) and Devin Hester (2003-05).
• Johnson is only the third player with a TD pass and kickoff return for a TD since 2000 (Charles Pauley, San Jose State - 2002), (Eric Page, Toledo - 2010).
• Johnson set personal-bests with 150 yards on 16 carries.
• With 368 all-purpose yards in the game, Johnson surpassed Edgerrin James, Graig Cooper, Chuck Forman, Santana Moss and Lamar Miller for all-purpose yards in a
season. He now has 1,688 total yards on the season. Willis McGahee holds the UM record with 2,108 in a season.
• WR Allen Hurns caught two fi rst half touchdowns, an 8-yarder from Duke Johnson in the fi rst quarter and a 12-yard grab from Stephen Morris in the second quarter.
Hurns leads all Miami players with four touchdown receptions on the season, matching his career-best total from 2011. He fi nished with four receptions for 37 yards (9.3
• CB Brandon McGee intercepted his second pass of the season in the second quarter, leading to Jake Wieclaw’s sixth consecutive FG conversion, giving the Canes a 24-21
lead. The interception was the was the third of his career.
• DE Anthony Chickillo picked up his third sack of the season in the third quarter, resulting in a six-yard loss. He now is tied with DE Tryiq McCord for the team lead.
• QB Stephen Morris tossed for three TDs in the game (second-most in a game this season), while not throwing an interception for the second straight game.
• WR Phillip Dorsett recorded his third game with at least 100 yards receiving (103). He averaged 17.2 yards on six catches.
• LB Gionni Paul led Miami with a career-high 14 tackles in the game. Fellow LB Jimmy Gaines also set a career-high with 12 stops.
• Freshman DB Rayshawn Jenkins had eight tackles in the game - he entered the day with six stops on the season.
Selflessness Fuels Cavaliers' Latest TriumphMen's Basketball2/6/16Ninth-ranked Virginia totaled 17 assists in its 64-50 win over ACC rival Pittsburgh at the sold-out Petersen Events Center on Saturday afternoon.'Hoos Heading Into Hostile TerritoryMen's Basketball2/5/16At noon Saturday, in a game to be shown on the ACC Network, No. 9 Virginia (18-4, 7-3) plays Pitt (17-4, 6-3) at the Petersen Events Center.Unorthodox Move Paying Off For CollinsTrack & Field, Cross Country2/4/16Cam Collins transferred in 2014 from Hampden-Sydney College, where he played basketball, to UVA, where he competes on the track & field team.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Returns Home to Host Duke on Saturday
Football | 11/16/2015
Virginia returns home to the Jeffersonian confines of Scott Stadium on Saturday to host the Duke ...
Kickoff for UVA-Virginia Tech Game to Be Announced Nov. 21
Football | 11/16/2015
The Atlantic Coast Conference announced today the start time for Virginia's Nov. 28 home football...
Severin Named ACC Receiver of the Week
Football | 11/16/2015
Virginia senior wide receiver Canaan Severin (Marlborough, Mass.) was named ACC Receiver of the...
Jeff White: Severin Shines Again in Losing Effort
Football | 11/15/2015
In a 38-31 loss to ACC foe Louisville, senior wide receiver Canaan Severin had eight receptions...
Kickoff Time for UVA's Home Game vs. Duke is Set for 3:30 p.m.
Football | 11/9/2015
The Atlantic Coast Conference announced today the start time for Virginia's Nov. 21 home football...
Virginia Drops 38-31 Decision to Louisville
Football | 11/14/2015
QB Matt Johns led the team with 260 passing yards and four touchdowns in loss to the Louisville...
Farm Bureau Insurance Coach's Corner with Mike London...
Football | 11/17/2015
The weekly "Coach's Corner with Mike London" radio program, presented by Virginia Farm Bureau...
Jeff White: Frye Closing Cavalier Career With Flourish
Football | 11/13/2015
With 64 points, senior kicker Ian Frye is the leading scorer for Virginia (3-6, 2-3), which...
- Online Stores