Nov. 10, 2012
Miami Postgame Notes
• Today’s Captains: Brandon Linder, Mike James, Shayon Green, Brandon McGee, Stephen Morris.
• Weather at kickoff: Temperature: 56 degrees. Wind: Calm. Sunny and fair.
• Today’s offensive starters: WR Duke Johnson, WR Phillip Dorsett, WR Davon Johnson, WR Allen Hurns, RB Mike James, QB Stephen Morris, LT Malcolm Bunch, LG Jon
Feliciano, C Shane McDermott, RG Brandon Linder, RT Seantrel Henderson.
• Today’s defensive starters: DE Anthony Chickillo, DE Shayon Green, DT Curtis Porter, DT Olsen Pierre, LB Thurston Armbrister, LB James Gaines, LB Gionni Paul, CB
Ladarius Gunter, CB Brandon McGee, S Kacy Rodgers II, S A.J. Highsmith.
• Miami defense picked up its third safety of the season in the fourth quarter.
• The Hurricanes are now 5-5 all-time against Virginia.
• Freshman Duke Johnson tossed a touchdown on the fi rst pass of his collegiate career, an 8-yarder to Allen Hurns.
• The pass TD for Johnson gives him at least one score passing, rushing, receiving and off a kick this season.
• On Johnson’s next touch, he raced 95 yards down the right sideline for his second kickoff return of the season. The two kick returns tie him for the most in school history
with Tim Morgan (1973-76), Ottis Anderson (1975-78) and Devin Hester (2003-05).
• Johnson is only the third player with a TD pass and kickoff return for a TD since 2000 (Charles Pauley, San Jose State - 2002), (Eric Page, Toledo - 2010).
• Johnson set personal-bests with 150 yards on 16 carries.
• With 368 all-purpose yards in the game, Johnson surpassed Edgerrin James, Graig Cooper, Chuck Forman, Santana Moss and Lamar Miller for all-purpose yards in a
season. He now has 1,688 total yards on the season. Willis McGahee holds the UM record with 2,108 in a season.
• WR Allen Hurns caught two fi rst half touchdowns, an 8-yarder from Duke Johnson in the fi rst quarter and a 12-yard grab from Stephen Morris in the second quarter.
Hurns leads all Miami players with four touchdown receptions on the season, matching his career-best total from 2011. He fi nished with four receptions for 37 yards (9.3
• CB Brandon McGee intercepted his second pass of the season in the second quarter, leading to Jake Wieclaw’s sixth consecutive FG conversion, giving the Canes a 24-21
lead. The interception was the was the third of his career.
• DE Anthony Chickillo picked up his third sack of the season in the third quarter, resulting in a six-yard loss. He now is tied with DE Tryiq McCord for the team lead.
• QB Stephen Morris tossed for three TDs in the game (second-most in a game this season), while not throwing an interception for the second straight game.
• WR Phillip Dorsett recorded his third game with at least 100 yards receiving (103). He averaged 17.2 yards on six catches.
• LB Gionni Paul led Miami with a career-high 14 tackles in the game. Fellow LB Jimmy Gaines also set a career-high with 12 stops.
• Freshman DB Rayshawn Jenkins had eight tackles in the game - he entered the day with six stops on the season.
Afamefuna Thriving in New RoleMen's Soccer4/24/17After making the ACC's All-Freshman team as a defender last fall, Virginia's Robin Afamefuna is looking to contribute more at the attacking end this year.'Hoos Head Into Postseason on High NoteWomen's Lacrosse4/22/17In its regular-season finale, Virginia clinched the No. 3 seed in the ACC tournament with a 6-5 win over Virginia Tech at Klöckner Stadium.Coleman Making Most of OpportunityFootball4/21/17Lester Coleman, who'll be a redshirt junior in the fall, has emerged as a strong candidate to succeed Nicholas Conte as Virginia's punter.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Coleman Making Most of Opportunity
Football | 4/21/2017
Lester Coleman, who'll be a redshirt junior in the fall, has emerged as a strong candidate to...
Virginia Spring Football Festival Set for Saturday, April 29
Football | 4/17/2017
The Virginia football team will hold its annual Spring Football Festival on Saturday, April 29 at...
Jeff White: Tight Ends Looking to Boost Productivity
Football | 4/14/2017
During the 2016 season, Virginia's tight ends combined for only eight receptions (for 49 yards...
Level II NCAA Infraction Announced
Football | 4/7/2017
The Virginia athletics department self-reported a violation of NCAA bylaws by the Cavalier...
Three Cavaliers Named to NFF Hampshire Honor Society
Football | 4/5/2017
Virginia football players Nicholas Conte, Ryan Santoro and Connor Wingo-Reeves earned NFF...
Jeff White: Moye Moving Up Depth Chart on D-Line
Football | 4/5/2017
As spring practice continues, rising sophomore Juwan Moye is bidding to replace Donte Wilkins as ...
UVA Football Season Tickets on Sale
Football | 03/03/2017
Season tickets for Virginia's 2017 seven-game home schedule will be on sale for renewals and new ...
Jeff White: Spring Football Notebook
Football | 03/30/2017
On Virginia's rebuilt offensive line, Jake Fieler, who'll be a redshirt junior in the fall, is...
- Online Stores