Nov. 10, 2012
Miami Postgame Notes
• Today’s Captains: Brandon Linder, Mike James, Shayon Green, Brandon McGee, Stephen Morris.
• Weather at kickoff: Temperature: 56 degrees. Wind: Calm. Sunny and fair.
• Today’s offensive starters: WR Duke Johnson, WR Phillip Dorsett, WR Davon Johnson, WR Allen Hurns, RB Mike James, QB Stephen Morris, LT Malcolm Bunch, LG Jon
Feliciano, C Shane McDermott, RG Brandon Linder, RT Seantrel Henderson.
• Today’s defensive starters: DE Anthony Chickillo, DE Shayon Green, DT Curtis Porter, DT Olsen Pierre, LB Thurston Armbrister, LB James Gaines, LB Gionni Paul, CB
Ladarius Gunter, CB Brandon McGee, S Kacy Rodgers II, S A.J. Highsmith.
• Miami defense picked up its third safety of the season in the fourth quarter.
• The Hurricanes are now 5-5 all-time against Virginia.
• Freshman Duke Johnson tossed a touchdown on the fi rst pass of his collegiate career, an 8-yarder to Allen Hurns.
• The pass TD for Johnson gives him at least one score passing, rushing, receiving and off a kick this season.
• On Johnson’s next touch, he raced 95 yards down the right sideline for his second kickoff return of the season. The two kick returns tie him for the most in school history
with Tim Morgan (1973-76), Ottis Anderson (1975-78) and Devin Hester (2003-05).
• Johnson is only the third player with a TD pass and kickoff return for a TD since 2000 (Charles Pauley, San Jose State - 2002), (Eric Page, Toledo - 2010).
• Johnson set personal-bests with 150 yards on 16 carries.
• With 368 all-purpose yards in the game, Johnson surpassed Edgerrin James, Graig Cooper, Chuck Forman, Santana Moss and Lamar Miller for all-purpose yards in a
season. He now has 1,688 total yards on the season. Willis McGahee holds the UM record with 2,108 in a season.
• WR Allen Hurns caught two fi rst half touchdowns, an 8-yarder from Duke Johnson in the fi rst quarter and a 12-yard grab from Stephen Morris in the second quarter.
Hurns leads all Miami players with four touchdown receptions on the season, matching his career-best total from 2011. He fi nished with four receptions for 37 yards (9.3
• CB Brandon McGee intercepted his second pass of the season in the second quarter, leading to Jake Wieclaw’s sixth consecutive FG conversion, giving the Canes a 24-21
lead. The interception was the was the third of his career.
• DE Anthony Chickillo picked up his third sack of the season in the third quarter, resulting in a six-yard loss. He now is tied with DE Tryiq McCord for the team lead.
• QB Stephen Morris tossed for three TDs in the game (second-most in a game this season), while not throwing an interception for the second straight game.
• WR Phillip Dorsett recorded his third game with at least 100 yards receiving (103). He averaged 17.2 yards on six catches.
• LB Gionni Paul led Miami with a career-high 14 tackles in the game. Fellow LB Jimmy Gaines also set a career-high with 12 stops.
• Freshman DB Rayshawn Jenkins had eight tackles in the game - he entered the day with six stops on the season.
Summer Buildup Begins in EarnestMen's Basketball6/28/16The Virginia men's basketball team, which will travel to Spain in August, held its first practice of the summer Tuesday at JPJ.O'Leary Takes Unusual Path to OlympicsWomen's Rowing6/27/16Meghan O'Leary, who played softball and volleyball at UVA, will represent the United States in rowing at the Olympics this summer.Tiffany Plans to Push Pace at UVAMen's Lacrosse6/21/16New men's lacrosse coach Lars Tiffany comes to Virginia from Brown, which went 16-3 and led the nation in scoring this season.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: 'Hoos Focused on Getting Up to Speed
Football | 6/17/2016
Speed training is a major component of the Virginia football team's strength and conditioning...
Virginia's Road Game at UConn to Kick Off at 1:30 p.m.
Football | 6/15/2016
he American Conference announced today Virginia’s road game at UConn on Saturday, Sept. 17 ...
Virginia's Game at Oregon to Kick Off at 10:30 p.m. ET
Football | 6/1/2016
The Pac-12 Conference announced today Virginia's road opener at Oregon on Saturday, Sept. 10 will...
Jeff White: Transfers Eager to Help Lift Program
Football | 5/26/2016
Virginia added three FBS transfers this spring: quarterback Kurt Benkert, offensive guard Jared...
Virginia to Host Richmond at 3:30 p.m. on Sept. 3
Football | 5/19/2016
As part of the announcement of early-season football television selections, the Atlantic Coast...
Blanding and Kiser Named to Lott IMPACT Trophy Watch List
Football | 5/18/2016
Virginia free safety Quin Blanding and inside linebacker Micah Kiser have been named to the 2016 ...
Jack Powers Transfers to UVA from Arizona State
Football | 05/17/2016
Virginia head coach Bronco Mendenhall announced today (May 17), former Arizona State offensive...
Matteo Named to the Rimington Trophy Watch List
Football | 05/17/2016
Virginia football student-athlete Jackson Matteo has been named to the Rimington Trophy Watch List
- Online Stores