Nov. 10, 2012
Miami Postgame Notes
• Today’s Captains: Brandon Linder, Mike James, Shayon Green, Brandon McGee, Stephen Morris.
• Weather at kickoff: Temperature: 56 degrees. Wind: Calm. Sunny and fair.
• Today’s offensive starters: WR Duke Johnson, WR Phillip Dorsett, WR Davon Johnson, WR Allen Hurns, RB Mike James, QB Stephen Morris, LT Malcolm Bunch, LG Jon
Feliciano, C Shane McDermott, RG Brandon Linder, RT Seantrel Henderson.
• Today’s defensive starters: DE Anthony Chickillo, DE Shayon Green, DT Curtis Porter, DT Olsen Pierre, LB Thurston Armbrister, LB James Gaines, LB Gionni Paul, CB
Ladarius Gunter, CB Brandon McGee, S Kacy Rodgers II, S A.J. Highsmith.
• Miami defense picked up its third safety of the season in the fourth quarter.
• The Hurricanes are now 5-5 all-time against Virginia.
• Freshman Duke Johnson tossed a touchdown on the fi rst pass of his collegiate career, an 8-yarder to Allen Hurns.
• The pass TD for Johnson gives him at least one score passing, rushing, receiving and off a kick this season.
• On Johnson’s next touch, he raced 95 yards down the right sideline for his second kickoff return of the season. The two kick returns tie him for the most in school history
with Tim Morgan (1973-76), Ottis Anderson (1975-78) and Devin Hester (2003-05).
• Johnson is only the third player with a TD pass and kickoff return for a TD since 2000 (Charles Pauley, San Jose State - 2002), (Eric Page, Toledo - 2010).
• Johnson set personal-bests with 150 yards on 16 carries.
• With 368 all-purpose yards in the game, Johnson surpassed Edgerrin James, Graig Cooper, Chuck Forman, Santana Moss and Lamar Miller for all-purpose yards in a
season. He now has 1,688 total yards on the season. Willis McGahee holds the UM record with 2,108 in a season.
• WR Allen Hurns caught two fi rst half touchdowns, an 8-yarder from Duke Johnson in the fi rst quarter and a 12-yard grab from Stephen Morris in the second quarter.
Hurns leads all Miami players with four touchdown receptions on the season, matching his career-best total from 2011. He fi nished with four receptions for 37 yards (9.3
• CB Brandon McGee intercepted his second pass of the season in the second quarter, leading to Jake Wieclaw’s sixth consecutive FG conversion, giving the Canes a 24-21
lead. The interception was the was the third of his career.
• DE Anthony Chickillo picked up his third sack of the season in the third quarter, resulting in a six-yard loss. He now is tied with DE Tryiq McCord for the team lead.
• QB Stephen Morris tossed for three TDs in the game (second-most in a game this season), while not throwing an interception for the second straight game.
• WR Phillip Dorsett recorded his third game with at least 100 yards receiving (103). He averaged 17.2 yards on six catches.
• LB Gionni Paul led Miami with a career-high 14 tackles in the game. Fellow LB Jimmy Gaines also set a career-high with 12 stops.
• Freshman DB Rayshawn Jenkins had eight tackles in the game - he entered the day with six stops on the season.
Cavaliers Keep Rolling at JPJMen's Basketball1/15/18No. 3 Virginia remained atop the ACC standings with a 68-51 victory over NC State at John Paul Jones Arena on Sunday night.Singh Back in Familiar SurroundingsMen's Tennis1/12/18Former UVA tennis star Sanam Singh is back at his alma mater as the volunteer assistant coach in the men's program.Hayes Making Immediate ImpactWrestling1/10/18Redshirt freshman Louie Hayes is ranked No. 13 nationally at 125 pounds for Virginia, which competes at the Virginia Duals this weekend in Hampton.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Announces 2018 Football Schedule
Football | 1/17/2018
The Atlantic Coast Conference has released the 2018 football schedules for its member...
Griswold Named Dir. of FB Development & Performance
Football | 1/9/2018
Virginia head football coach Bronco Mendenhall announced today (Jan. 9) that Shawn Griswold has...
Jeff White: Brumfield Eager to Get Started at UVA
Football | 1/3/2018
Ricky Brumfield will join head coach Bronco Mendenhall's staff at UVA next week as special teams ...
Ricky Brumfield Named Assistant Football Coach
Football | 12/30/2017
Virginia head football coach Bronco Mendenhall announced today (Dec. 30) the hiring of Ricky...
Jeff White: 'Hoos Head Into Offseason On Humbling Note
Football | 12/29/2017
In its first postseason appearance in six years, Virginia lost 49-7 to Navy in the Military Bowl ...
UVA Falls in the Military Bowl at Navy, 49-7
Football | 12/28/2017
Joe Reed returned the game's opening kickoff 98 yards for a touchdown. It was the fifth-longest...
Jeff White: New Chapter Awaits 'Hoos in Annapolis
Football | 12/27/2017
A victory Thursday over Navy (6-6) in the Military Bowl in Annapolis, Md., would give Virginia (6...
Jeff White: Harrison Proud of Cavaliers' Progress
Football | 12/24/2017
Former UVA standout Chris Harrison is on the board of directors of the Military Bowl, in which...
- Online Stores