Nov. 16, 2012
North Carolina at Virginia
Nov. 15, 2012
Virginia Game Notes
• UVa is now 54-59-4 against North Carolina and 24-23 in Charlottesville.
• Virginia is now 6-6 in Thursday Night ESPN games.
• The Cavalier fourth- and fifth-year players were honored before the game, including Oday Aboushi, LoVante Battle, Luke Bowanko, Sean Cascarano, Nat Cutler, Paul Freedman, Will Hill, Drew Jarrett, Perry Jones, Connor McCartin, Justin Renfrow, LaRoy Reynolds, Billy Skrobacz, Tim Smith, Jake Snyder, Brent Urban, Tucker Windle, Steve Greer, Jacob Hodges, Kyle McCartin, Matt Mihalik, John Phillips, Brian Pomper, Buddy Ruff, Bill Schautz and Ausar Walcott.
• With 50 rushing yards, Perry Jones became the 17th Cavalier to rush for 2,000 career yards. He now has 2,015.
• With five catches, Jones moved into sixth all-time at Virginia with 126 career receptions, passing Germane Crowell (122).
• With 160 kick return yards, Khalek Shepherd broke the UVa record for most return yards in a season. The previous record was 768 by Chris Warren in 1986. Shepherd now has 914.
• Dominique Terrell’s 51-yard catch in the fourth quarter was the longest of his career.
• With eight tackles, Steve Greer has moved into eighth all-time at UVa with 357 career tackles, passing Stuart Anderson (354). Greer is the active ACC career leader as well.
• Anthony Harris tallied a career-high 14 tackles.
• Daquan Romero recorded career highs with seven tackles and two tackles-for-loss.
• Demetrious Nicholson matched a career high with nine tackles.
• Brandon Phelps tied a career high with seven tackles.
• Kicker Drew Jarrett tied a career high with two field goals (34, 28).
'Hoos Find Winning Formula on RoadMen's Basketball1/14/17Led by senior London Perrantes and junior Marial Shayok, No. 19 Virginia defeated ACC rival Clemson 77-73 at Littlejohn Coliseum on Saturday.Salt Carving Out Niche at UVAMen's Basketball1/13/17Jack Salt, a redshirt sophomore from New Zealand, starts at center for No. 19 Virginia, which plays Saturday at ACC rival Clemson.Fong Helping Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceSwimming & Diving1/10/17The UVA men's swimming & diving team, which hosts Virginia Tech this weekend at the Aquatic & Fitness Center, is ranked No. 15 nationally.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Mendenhall Announces Four Early Enrollees
Football | 1/18/2017
Virginia football head coach Bronco Mendenhall announced that four members of the program’s...
Virginia Football to Face Maryland in 2023, 2024
Football | 1/12/2017
Virginia and Maryland will meet in football for a two-game series in 2023 and 2024, the schools...
UVA to Meet Georgia in 2020 Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game
Football | 1/11/2017
The Virginia Cavaliers and the Georgia Bulldogs will face off in the 2020 Chick-fil-A Kickoff...
Quin Blanding to Return for Senior Season at UVA
Football | 12/26/2016
Cavalier free safety Quin Blanding (Virginia Beach, Va.) announced today he would return to...
Jeff White: True Freshmen Provide Building Blocks
Football | 12/15/2016
Of the nine true freshmen who played for Virginia this fall, many made significant contributions,...
Jeff White: Offseason Work Under Way for Cavaliers
Football | 12/14/2016
Virginia, which finished 2-10 in its first year under Bronco Mendenhall, opens the 2017 season...
Kiser Named Second Team All-American by FWAA
Football | 12/12/2016
Virginia junior inside linebacker Micah Kiser (Baltimore, Md.) was named a second-team All-Americ...
Blanding, Conte and Kiser Earn Coaches All-ACC
Football | 12/08/2016
Free safety Quin Blanding, punter Nicholas Conte and inside linebacker Micah Kiser are Virginia's...
- Online Stores