Nov. 16, 2012
North Carolina at Virginia
Nov. 15, 2012
Virginia Game Notes
• UVa is now 54-59-4 against North Carolina and 24-23 in Charlottesville.
• Virginia is now 6-6 in Thursday Night ESPN games.
• The Cavalier fourth- and fifth-year players were honored before the game, including Oday Aboushi, LoVante Battle, Luke Bowanko, Sean Cascarano, Nat Cutler, Paul Freedman, Will Hill, Drew Jarrett, Perry Jones, Connor McCartin, Justin Renfrow, LaRoy Reynolds, Billy Skrobacz, Tim Smith, Jake Snyder, Brent Urban, Tucker Windle, Steve Greer, Jacob Hodges, Kyle McCartin, Matt Mihalik, John Phillips, Brian Pomper, Buddy Ruff, Bill Schautz and Ausar Walcott.
• With 50 rushing yards, Perry Jones became the 17th Cavalier to rush for 2,000 career yards. He now has 2,015.
• With five catches, Jones moved into sixth all-time at Virginia with 126 career receptions, passing Germane Crowell (122).
• With 160 kick return yards, Khalek Shepherd broke the UVa record for most return yards in a season. The previous record was 768 by Chris Warren in 1986. Shepherd now has 914.
• Dominique Terrell’s 51-yard catch in the fourth quarter was the longest of his career.
• With eight tackles, Steve Greer has moved into eighth all-time at UVa with 357 career tackles, passing Stuart Anderson (354). Greer is the active ACC career leader as well.
• Anthony Harris tallied a career-high 14 tackles.
• Daquan Romero recorded career highs with seven tackles and two tackles-for-loss.
• Demetrious Nicholson matched a career high with nine tackles.
• Brandon Phelps tied a career high with seven tackles.
• Kicker Drew Jarrett tied a career high with two field goals (34, 28).
O-Line Looking to Raise Its GameFootball3/24/17Guard Jack McDonald and tackle Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia, which starts spring practice Tuesday.Weber Hitting Right Notes on DiamondBaseball3/23/17Sophomore Andy Weber starts at second base for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts ACC rival Duke this weekend at Davenport Field.Successful Season Ends on Excruciating NoteMen's Basketball3/19/17Virginia's fourth consecutive appearance in the NCAA tournament ended with a 65-39 second-round loss to Florida in Orlando, Fla.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Offensive Line Looking to Raise Its Game
Football | 3/24/2017
Jack McDonald and Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia,...
Atkins Honored by DC Touchdown Club
Football | 3/8/2017
The DC Touchdown Club announced Wednesday (March 8) that current Virginia freshman running back...
UVA Football Season Ticket Sales Start March 8
Football | 3/3/2017
Season tickets for Virginia’s 2017 seven-game home schedule will be on sale for renewals...
2017 UVA Game at Boise State Moved to Friday, Sept. 22
Football | 3/2/2017
ESPN and the Mountain West Conference have announced that the Virginia football game at Boise...
Virginia Adds Two More FBS Transfers to the Fold
Football | 2/21/2017
Virginia football head coach Bronco Mendenhall has added two more FBS transfers to the program.
Jeff White: Cavalier Football Notebook
Football | 2/15/2017
Quarterback Kurt Benkert, who began his college career at East Carolina, learned valuable lessons...
Blanding to be Awarded the MacArthur Award
Football | 02/08/2017
Virginia free safety Quin Blanding will be honored with the General Douglas MacArthur Award for...
Three Cavaliers Earn All-ACC Academic Honors
Football | 02/08/2017
Three Virginia Cavaliers have been named to the 2016 Atlantic Coast Conference All-Academic...
- Online Stores