High School/Junior Golf/b>
• Won the Golf Association of Philadelphia's Christman Cup in 2017
• Lost in playoff at 2017 GAC Jock MacKenzie Memorial
• All-Delco selection as a senior at Haverford School
• The Golf Association of Philadelphia player of the year in 2015
• Won that association's Christman Cup in 2015 and was the runner-up at the Pennsylvania Junior Boys' Championship and the Jock MacKenzie Memorial
• Placed 26th at the 2015 Western Junior
• Posted two top-10 finishes on the 2015 AJGA circuit with a runner-up showing at the AJGA Philadelphia Junior and a seventh-place finish at the AJGA JoS. A. Bank/David Leadbetter Championship
• Older brother Cory played at Virginia from 2008 to 2012
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Walsh Jumps to Top of Leaderboard at ACCs
M. Golf | 4/21/2018
Virginia junior Thomas Walsh (High Point, N.C.) shot 7-under 65 to bolt to the top of the...
Walker Fires 65 to Share Early Lead at ACCs
M. Golf | 4/20/2018
Virginia senior Danny Walker (Bradenton, Fla.) is tied for first place after the opening round of...
Hoos No. 9 Seed at ACC Golf Championships
M. Golf | 4/18/2018
The No. 48 Virginia men's golf team will play in the 65th annual Atlantic Coast Conference...
Jeff White: Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in Postseason
M. Golf | 4/18/2018
Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's...
UVA Finishes Third at Yale Spring Invitational
M. Golf | 4/14/2018
The No. 48 Virginia men’s golf team finished third at the Yale Spring Invitational.
UVA Wraps Up Regular Season at Yale Spring Invitational
M. Golf | 4/13/2018
The 48th-ranked Virginia men's golf team wraps up its regular season Saturday at the one-day Yale...
UVA Finishes Fifth at Gary Koch Invitational
M. Golf | 04/10/2018
The No. 45 Virginia men’s golf team finished fifth at the Gary Koch Invitational in...
UVA Stands Fifth After 36 Holes at Koch Invitational
M. Golf | 04/09/2018
The No. 45 Virginia men’s golf team is in fifth place after the first two rounds of play at...
- Online Stores