• Named to the Virginia State Golf Coaches Association’s all-state team (second team)
• Played in 11 of 13 tournaments
• Finished third on the team with 72.54 stroke average
• Finished 21st in ACC in stroke average
• Was 39th at NCAA Regional (Franklin) at even par 216
• Placed 75th at NCAA Championships
• Posted his first top-10 with a ninth-place finish at Kiawah Classic
• Had an 11th-place finish at Wolfpack Intercollegiate where he shot 1-under 212 to wrap up regular season
• Wolfpack featured his low tourney score (212) and round (67)
• Led UVA with ninth-place finish at ACC Championships
• Named to ACC Men's Golf All-Academic team for first time
Junior / Amateur Golf
• 2014 AJGA Izod Champion
• Played on the 2012 USA-China Ryder Cup Matches at Olympic Club
• Finished 40th in the 2015 USGA Four Ball
• Five top-five finishes and eight top-10 finishes in AJGA play
• Was 13th in 2014 Junior Players
• Member of the 2014 Carolinas Amateur Team against Virginias Amateur team in Captain's Putter Cup
• Played for coach Adam Schwartz at Westchester Country Day School
• Team MVP from 2012 to 2015
• 2014 and 2015 State Champion for AA North Carolina Private Schools
• Runner up in 2013 state championship
• Conference Champion 2011-2013
• 2013 High Schools Tournament of Champions winner
• Parents are Elizabeth and Tom
• Has two older siblings: Molly and Mallory
• Born in High Point, N.C.
Thomas Walsh's Career Statistics
Thomas Walsh's Career Bests
Career Best Tournament Finish: 9th, ACC Championships, April 22-24 & Kiawah Classic, Nov. 1-2, 2015
Career Top-10 Finishes: 2
Career Best 54-Hole Score: 212, Wolfpack Intercollegiate, April 16-17, 2016
Career Best 18-Hole Score: 67, Wolfpack Intercollegiate, April 16-17, 2016
2015-16 Tournament Results
|Date||Tournament||Score||Par||Total||Overall Place||UVa Place|
|Sept. 25-26||DICK's Challenge Cup||72-69-77||+5||218||28||4|
|Oct. 9-11||Bank of Tennessee Intercollegiate||76-76-73||+9||225||57||4|
|Oct. 16-18||U.S. Collegiate||74-76-72||+6||222||41||3|
|Nov. 1-3||Kiawah Classic||71-70||-3||141||9||2|
|Feb. 19-21||John Burns Intercol.||73-74-72||+3||219||32||3|
|March 7-8||Palmetto Invite||71-69-75||+5||215||19||4|
|March 12-13||Hackler Championship||77-69-71||+1||217||27||3|
|March 20-22||Linger Longer Invit.||68-77-76||+6||222||38||3|
|April 16-17||Wolfpack Intercollegiate||76-67-69||-1||212||11||3|
|April 22-24||ACC Championships||73-71-69||-3||213||9||1|
|May 16-18||NCAA Regional||71-72-73||E||216||39||4|
|May 27-30||NCAA Championships^||74-74-71||+9||219||75||3|
^Results thru first three rounds before cut
Nicholson Shines On and Off Water at UVAWomen's Rowing5/25/17Allie Nicholson, who had never rowed before arriving at UVA in 2013, is now a key member of one of the nation's top programs.'Hoos Eager to Make More HistoryMen's Tennis5/22/17A win over No. 9 seed North Carolina on Tuesday afternoon would give second-seeded Virginia its third straight NCAA men's tennis title.McKee Thriving in New SurroundingsTrack & Field, Cross Country5/22/17A transfer from Kansas, Kelly McKee will compete in the triple jump this week at the NCAA East Regional meet in Lexington, Kentucky.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Finishes Program Best 10th at NCAA Championships
M. Golf | 5/29/2017
The No. 18 Virginia men’s golf team finished the fourth round of the NCAA Championships in ...
Hoos Advance to Final Round of Medal Play at NCAAs
M. Golf | 5/28/2017
The UVA men’s golf team bounced back from a slow start to shoot 4-under 284 and finish the ...
Hoos Finish 2nd Round of NCAAs in 10th Place
M. Golf | 5/27/2017
The No. 18 Virginia men's golf team took advantage of favorable course conditions and an early-mo...
Hoos Post Morning Rally to Finish 1st Round 10th at NCAAs
M. Golf | 5/27/2017
The No. 18 Virginia men’s golf team put on a huge rally Saturday morning to climb back up...
Cavaliers Open Play at NCAA Championships
M. Golf | 5/26/2017
The Virginia men’s golf team opened play at the NCAA Championships at Rich Harvest Farms in...
Hoos Start Play at NCAA Championships on Friday
M. Golf | 5/25/2017
The Virginia men’s golf team opens play at the NCAA Championships Friday, at Rich Harvest...
Hoos Advance to NCAA Championships for 17th Time
M. Golf | 05/17/2017
UVA advances to the NCAA Championships after finishing fourth at the Baton Rouge regional site
Hoos in Third Place After 36 Holes at NCAA Regional
M. Golf | 05/16/2017
The No. 18 Virginia men’s golf team is in third place at the NCAA Regional site in Baton...
- Online Stores