• Named to the Virginia State Golf Coaches Association’s all-state team (second team)
• Played in 11 of 13 tournaments
• Finished third on the team with 72.54 stroke average
• Finished 21st in ACC in stroke average
• Was 39th at NCAA Regional (Franklin) at even par 216
• Placed 75th at NCAA Championships
• Posted his first top-10 with a ninth-place finish at Kiawah Classic
• Had an 11th-place finish at Wolfpack Intercollegiate where he shot 1-under 212 to wrap up regular season
• Wolfpack featured his low tourney score (212) and round (67)
• Led UVA with ninth-place finish at ACC Championships
• Named to ACC Men's Golf All-Academic team for first time
Junior / Amateur Golf
• 2014 AJGA Izod Champion
• Played on the 2012 USA-China Ryder Cup Matches at Olympic Club
• Finished 40th in the 2015 USGA Four Ball
• Five top-five finishes and eight top-10 finishes in AJGA play
• Was 13th in 2014 Junior Players
• Member of the 2014 Carolinas Amateur Team against Virginias Amateur team in Captain's Putter Cup
• Played for coach Adam Schwartz at Westchester Country Day School
• Team MVP from 2012 to 2015
• 2014 and 2015 State Champion for AA North Carolina Private Schools
• Runner up in 2013 state championship
• Conference Champion 2011-2013
• 2013 High Schools Tournament of Champions winner
• Parents are Elizabeth and Tom
• Has two older siblings: Molly and Mallory
• Born in High Point, N.C.
Thomas Walsh's Career Statistics
Thomas Walsh's Career Bests
Career Best Tournament Finish: 9th, ACC Championships, April 22-24 & Kiawah Classic, Nov. 1-2, 2015
Career Top-10 Finishes: 2
Career Best 54-Hole Score: 212, Wolfpack Intercollegiate, April 16-17, 2016
Career Best 18-Hole Score: 67, Wolfpack Intercollegiate, April 16-17, 2016
2015-16 Tournament Results
|Date||Tournament||Score||Par||Total||Overall Place||UVa Place|
|Sept. 25-26||DICK's Challenge Cup||72-69-77||+5||218||28||4|
|Oct. 9-11||Bank of Tennessee Intercollegiate||76-76-73||+9||225||57||4|
|Oct. 16-18||U.S. Collegiate||74-76-72||+6||222||41||3|
|Nov. 1-3||Kiawah Classic||71-70||-3||141||9||2|
|Feb. 19-21||John Burns Intercol.||73-74-72||+3||219||32||3|
|March 7-8||Palmetto Invite||71-69-75||+5||215||19||4|
|March 12-13||Hackler Championship||77-69-71||+1||217||27||3|
|March 20-22||Linger Longer Invit.||68-77-76||+6||222||38||3|
|April 16-17||Wolfpack Intercollegiate||76-67-69||-1||212||11||3|
|April 22-24||ACC Championships||73-71-69||-3||213||9||1|
|May 16-18||NCAA Regional||71-72-73||E||216||39||4|
|May 27-30||NCAA Championships^||74-74-71||+9||219||75||3|
^Results thru first three rounds before cut
'Hoos Head Into Postseason on High NoteWomen's Lacrosse4/22/17In its regular-season finale, Virginia clinched the No. 3 seed in the ACC tournament with a 6-5 win over Virginia Tech at Klöckner Stadium.Coleman Making Most of OpportunityFootball4/21/17Lester Coleman, who'll be a redshirt junior in the fall, has emerged as a strong candidate to succeed Nicholas Conte as Virginia's punter.Johanson Ascending Quickly for CavaliersWomen's Tennis4/19/17A freshman from the Canadian province of British Columbia, Rosie Johanson plays No. 1 singles for the Virginia women's tennis team.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jimmy Stanger Wins ACC Men’s Golf Championship
M. Golf | 4/22/2017
Virginia senior Jimmy Stanger (Tampa, Fla.) won the ACC men’s golf individual championship ...
Stanger Leads Hoos in First Round at ACC Championships
M. Golf | 4/21/2017
The No. 17 Virginia men’s golf team is tied for 10th place after the opening round at the...
Hoos No. 3 Seed at ACC Golf Championships
M. Golf | 4/20/2017
The No. 17 Virginia men’s golf team will play in the ACC Championships April 21-23 at the...
UVA Finishes Sixth at Gary Koch Invitational
M. Golf | 4/11/2017
The No. 13 Virginia men’s golf team wrapped up its regular-season schedule with a sixth-pla...
Hoos in Fifth at Koch Invitational After 36 Holes
M. Golf | 4/10/2017
The No. 13 Virginia men’s golf team is tied for fifth after the first two rounds of play at...
Cavaliers to Wrap Up Regular Season at Koch Invitational
M. Golf | 4/9/2017
The 13th-ranked Virginia men's golf team will wrap up its regular season with an appearance at...
Hoos End Hootie at Bulls Bay Tourney in 10th Place
M. Golf | 03/28/2017
The No. 9 Virginia men’s golf team finished 10th at the Hootie at Bulls Bay tournament at...
Cavaliers Drop Back to Eighth at Hootie at Bulls Bay
M. Golf | 03/27/2017
The No. 9 Virginia men’s golf team dropped down to eighth place after the second round of...
- Online Stores