Charleston, SC -
The No. 18 Virginia men's golf team is three shots off the lead heading into Tuesday's final round of play at the Hootie at Bulls Bay Intercollegiate in Charleston, S.C. The Cavaliers shot 10-under 274 Monday for a 36-hole total of 1-over 569. LSU leads the field at 566 followed by South Carolina at 568.
Junior Amory Davis led Virginia during the second round by posting a 6-under 65. His round featured six birdies and no bogeys and stands as the second best 18-hole effort of the tournament. It was his best single-round score as a collegiate, topping the 67 he fired earlier this season at the UNCG Bridgestone Collegiate, which he won.
All five UVa golfers shot par or better during the second round. Ben Kohles carded a 3-under 68 to move up to 15th overall at 2-under 142. Davis, Kyle Stough and Will Collins are all one stroke back in 18th place. Collins shot 70 Monday while Stough produced a 71. Steve Rojas shot even par 72 and is 46th at 4-over 148.
Defending NCAA individual champion Matt Hill of NC State leads the field at 7-under 135.
The final round of the tournament is slated for Tuesday. Live scoring is online at Golfstat.com.
Hootie at Bulls Bay Intercollegiate
Par-71, 7,298 yards
Bulls Bay Golf Club
Second Round Results
1. LSU 288-278-566
2. South Carolina 296-272-568
3. Virginia 295-274-569
4. Duke 289-281-570
4. Wake Forest 290-281-570
6. Auburn 291-280-571
7. Clemson 294-278-572
7. Augusta State 302-270-572
9. Chattanooga 300-277-577
9. NC State 291-286-577
11. Kentucky 299-283-582
12. East Tenn State 301-284-585
13. Central Florida 307-284-591
14. Long Beach State 307-297-604
15. Col of Charleston 314-299-613
1. Matt Hill, NC State 69-67-135
2. Patrick Rada, South Carolina 71-66-137
2. Sang Yi, LSU 69-68-137
4. Brendan Gielow, Wake Forest 72-66-138
5. Wesley Bryan, South Carolina 75-64-139
5. Kyle Kopsick, Auburn 71-68-139
5. Patrick Reed, Augusta State 73-66-139
15. Ben Kohles 74-68-142
18. Kyle Stough 72-71-143
18. Will Collins 73-70-143
18. Amory Davis 79-65-143
46. Steven Rojas 77-72-148