Charlottesville, VA - For the fifth consecutive year the Virginia men's golf team has received a bid to the NCAA Championships. The Cavaliers were awarded the number four seed among 13 teams at the regional championship site at Ann Arbor, Mich., at the University of Michigan Golf Course.
A total of 81 teams are competing at six regional sites May 17-19 with the top five teams and top two individuals (not qualifying with a team) advancing to the NCAA Championships set for May 29 to June 3 at The Riviera Country Club in Pacific Palisades, Calif.
The Cavaliers enter postseason play ranked No. 19 by Golfstat and No. 21 by Golfweek.
The regional berth marks the 16th time since 1990 the Cavaliers have competed in postseason play. Virginia is looking to advance to the NCAA Championships for the 14th time in its history. Last year the Cavaliers were eighth at a regional site in Radford, Va., and failed to advance to the NCAA Championships after making three consecutive appearances from 2008-2010.
The field for the Ann Arbor regional includes (listed by seed): 1. USC, 2. Oregon, 3. Kent State, 4. Virginia, 5. Baylor, 6. Oklahoma State, 7. Kennesaw State, 8. TCU, 9. Purdue, 10. NC State, 11. Notre Dame, 12. Ohio State, 13. Navy
Here are the participants (listed by seed) for the other five regional sites:
Greensboro, NC - Grandover Resort
1. Auburn, 2. UNLV, 3. Florida, 4. Duke, 5. Indiana, 6. Liberty, 7. SMU, 8. Texas Tech, 9. Tulsa, 10. Lamar, 11. LA Lafayette, 12. Charlotte, 13. George Washington, 14. Mount St. Mary's
Athens, GA - University of Georgia Golf Course
1. Alabama, 2. North Florida, 3. New Mexico, 4. Georgia, 5. Iowa, 6. East Carolina, 7. Long Beach State, 8. Augusta State, 9. Wake Forest, 10. Houston, 11. Texas-Arlington, 12. UNC Wilmington, 13. Loyola (Md.).
Bowling Green, KY - The Club at Olde Stone
1. UCLA, 2. Arkansas, 3. Texas A&M, 4. Clemson, 5. North Texas, 6. Chattanooga, 7. Memphis, 8. Virginia Tech, 9. Northwestern, 10. Iowa State, 11. Colorado State, 12. Jacksonville State, 13. Pennsylvania, 14. Alabama State.
Norman, OK - Justin Austin OU Golf Club
1. Texas, 2. Georgia Tech, 3. Washington, 4. Florida State, 5. Oklahoma, 6. St. Mary's, 7. Illinois, 8. Middle Tennessee, 9. South Carolina, 10. San Diego, 11. Arizona, 12. Sacramento State, 13. IUPUI, 14. Loyola (Ill.)
Stanford, CA - Stanford Golf Course
1. California, 2. Stanford, 3. San Diego State, 4. UCF, 5. LSU, 6. UAB, 7. Wichita State, 8. Tennessee, 9. Oregon State, 10. SE Louisiana, 11. San Francisco, 12. San Jose State, 13. UC Davis
Jackson Comfortable in Leading RoleWomen's Lacrosse2/16/18As a sophomore last season, Maggie Jackson led the Cavaliers in points, ground balls and draw controls and tied for the lead in assists.Eikhoff Eager to Assume Larger RoleBaseball2/15/18No. 15 Virginia, which opens the season Friday against No. 22 Central Florida, is counting on production from junior infield Nate Eikhoff.Hard-Earned Break Next for Top-Ranked 'HoosMen's Basketball2/14/18No. 1 Virginia, which defeated ACC rival Miami 59-50 late Tuesday night in Coral Gables, Fla., doesn't play again until next Wednesday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Cavaliers Move Up to Sixth Place at Burns Intercollegiate
M. Golf | 2/16/2018
The Virginia men's golf team shot 8-under 280 on Friday to move up to sixth place at the John...
Orischak Leads UVA During 1st Round at Burns Intercollegiate
M. Golf | 2/15/2018
The Virginia men's golf team opened its spring schedule Thursday at the John Burns Intercollegiate.
UVA Set to Defend Title at John Burns Intercollegiate
M. Golf | 2/14/2018
The Virginia men's golf team is in Hawaii this week to defend its title at the 42nd annual John...
UVA Men’s Golf Signing Class Features Two Top Juniors
M. Golf | 11/11/2017
Virginia men’s golf coach Bowen Sargent announced today the signing of a two-man recruiting...
UVA Finishes Eighth at Golf Club of Georgia Collegiate
M. Golf | 10/22/2017
The Virginia men’s golf team wrapped up its fall season with a solid eighth-place finish at...
Gao Continues to Lead UVA at Golf Club of Georgia
M. Golf | 10/21/2017
The Virginia men’s golf team shot 6-under 282 during the second round of play at the Golf...
Gao Leads UVA at Golf Club of Georgia Collegiate
M. Golf | 10/20/2017
The Virginia men’s golf team is tied for eighth place following the opening round of...
UVA Golfers Wrap up Fall at Golf Club of Georgia
M. Golf | 10/19/2017
The Virginia men’s golf team wraps up its fall season this weekend at the 12th annual Golf ...
- Online Stores