A total of 81 teams are competing at six regional sites May 17-19 with the top five teams and top two individuals (not qualifying with a team) advancing to the NCAA Championships set for May 29 to June 3 at The Riviera Country Club in Pacific Palisades, Calif.
The Cavaliers enter postseason play ranked No. 19 by Golfstat and No. 21 by Golfweek.
The regional berth marks the 16th time since 1990 the Cavaliers have competed in postseason play. Virginia is looking to advance to the NCAA Championships for the 14th time in its history. Last year the Cavaliers were eighth at a regional site in Radford, Va., and failed to advance to the NCAA Championships after making three consecutive appearances from 2008-2010.
The field for the Ann Arbor regional includes (listed by seed): 1. USC, 2. Oregon, 3. Kent State, 4. Virginia, 5. Baylor, 6. Oklahoma State, 7. Kennesaw State, 8. TCU, 9. Purdue, 10. NC State, 11. Notre Dame, 12. Ohio State, 13. Navy
Here are the participants (listed by seed) for the other five regional sites:
Greensboro, NC - Grandover Resort
1. Auburn, 2. UNLV, 3. Florida, 4. Duke, 5. Indiana, 6. Liberty, 7. SMU, 8. Texas Tech, 9. Tulsa, 10. Lamar, 11. LA Lafayette, 12. Charlotte, 13. George Washington, 14. Mount St. Mary's
Athens, GA - University of Georgia Golf Course
1. Alabama, 2. North Florida, 3. New Mexico, 4. Georgia, 5. Iowa, 6. East Carolina, 7. Long Beach State, 8. Augusta State, 9. Wake Forest, 10. Houston, 11. Texas-Arlington, 12. UNC Wilmington, 13. Loyola (Md.).
Bowling Green, KY - The Club at Olde Stone
1. UCLA, 2. Arkansas, 3. Texas A&M, 4. Clemson, 5. North Texas, 6. Chattanooga, 7. Memphis, 8. Virginia Tech, 9. Northwestern, 10. Iowa State, 11. Colorado State, 12. Jacksonville State, 13. Pennsylvania, 14. Alabama State.
Norman, OK - Justin Austin OU Golf Club
1. Texas, 2. Georgia Tech, 3. Washington, 4. Florida State, 5. Oklahoma, 6. St. Mary's, 7. Illinois, 8. Middle Tennessee, 9. South Carolina, 10. San Diego, 11. Arizona, 12. Sacramento State, 13. IUPUI, 14. Loyola (Ill.)
Stanford, CA - Stanford Golf Course
1. California, 2. Stanford, 3. San Diego State, 4. UCF, 5. LSU, 6. UAB, 7. Wichita State, 8. Tennessee, 9. Oregon State, 10. SE Louisiana, 11. San Francisco, 12. San Jose State, 13. UC Davis
Cavaliers Roll Into Exam BreakBaseball5/4/16No. 13 Virginia, which is off until May 13, when ACC foe Georgia Tech visits Davenport Field, has won six games in a row.Cavaliers' Margin for Error GoneMen's Lacrosse4/29/16To become eligible for an NCAA men's lacrosse tournament bid, Virginia (7-7) must upset second-ranked Brown (13-1) on Saturday night.UVA Spring Football NotebookFootball4/27/16With spring practice over, Virginia head coach Bronco Mendenhall and his assistants have turned their focus to recruiting.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Hoos Receive No. 5 Seed for NCAA Vanderbilt Regional
M. Golf | 5/5/2016
For the ninth consecutive year the Virginia men's golf team has received a bid to the NCAA...
Derek Bard Named Semifinalist for Jack Nicklaus Award
M. Golf | 4/28/2016
Virginia junior golfer Derek Bard (New Hartford, N.Y.) has been named a semifinalist for the 2016...
Walsh Leads Hoos with Ninth Place Finish at ACCs
M. Golf | 4/24/2016
The No. 24 Virginia men’s golf team tied for eighth place at the 63rd annual ACC...
UVA Golfers Enter Final Round of ACCs in Fourth Place
M. Golf | 4/23/2016
After 36 holes of play, the No. 24 Virginia men’s golf team is tied for fourth place at the...
Hoos Open ACC Championships Tied for Third
M. Golf | 4/22/2016
The No. 24 Virginia men’s golf team is tied for third place after the opening round of the ...
UVA Golfers Open ACC Championship Play Friday
M. Golf | 4/21/2016
The No. 24 Virginia men's golf team will play in the 63rd annual Atlantic Coast Conference...
Cavaliers Finish Third at Wolfpack Intercollegiate
M. Golf | 04/17/2016
The No. 21 Virginia men’s golf team wrapped up its regular season with a third-place finish...
UVA Stands Third After 36 Holes at Wolfpack Intercollegiate
M. Golf | 04/16/2016
The No. 21 Virginia men’s golf team is in third place following the first 36 holes of play ...
- Online Stores