TIFFANY ON FISH
“There are multiple ways this man can create offense and put pressure on the opposition. AJ’s game is highlighted by a strong combination of high lacrosse IQ and sophisticated skills. This past fall, AJ proved he can be a threat in both the settled and unsettled, an area that really accentuates his sport-specific acumen. While there is still some question what his role will be, there is no questioning the fact that AJ will be on the field making us a more dangerous team.”
• Appeared in all 15 of UVA's games with four starts
• Scored 14 goals and dished out 11 assists for 25 total points
• Picked up 12 ground balls
• Scored at least one point in 13 of UVA's 15 games
• Tallied season-high four points against Siena and Penn in the ACC-Penn Showcase
• Scored two goals against Siena, High Point and Penn
• Appeared in all 15 of UVA's games with 14 starts
• Scored at least one point in 12 of UVA's 15 games
• Ran on UVA's first midfield
• Finished season with 14 goals and eight assists
• Fifth on the team with 22 points
• Scored three goals and dished out one assist at Drexel
• Tallied two goals and one assist against Penn
• Scored twice against Syracuse
• Appeared in all 15 of UVA's games
• Made the move in the fall from attack to midfield
• Scored four goals and four assists on the season
• Ran on the second midfield, saw some time at attack and SSDM
• Scored goals against Cornell (March 7), Saint Joseph's (March 10), Johns Hopkins (March 21) and VMI (March 24)
• Picked up a career-high three ground balls against Drexel (Feb. 14)
• Appeared in four of UVA's 16 games
• Made collegiate debut at Richmond (Feb. 8)
• Scored first career goal against VMI (March 24)
• Scored two goals against the Keydets and tallied first career assist
• Picked up three ground balls
• Also saw time at Mount St. Mary's (Feb. 25) and against Rutgers (Feb. 22)
• Helped lead Grayslake North to a state championship title in 2012
• All-American with 74 goals and 49 assists in 2012
• One of five juniors in the country who was selected to participate in the Champion All-American Showcase lacrosse game in Orlando, Fla.
• All-state and all-conference performer
• Was the quarterback on the football team and an all-star in basketball
• Son of Brad and Susie
• Father Brad played lacrosse at Rutgers
• Has two younger sisters, Maggie and Abby, and one younger brother, Nicholas
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Scott Hooper Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/11/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Scott Hooper has been named a USILA Scholar All-A...
Cavaliers Place Three on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2018
Virginia men's lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Scott Hooper and Michael Kraus were named to the 2018...
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 05/02/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
- Online Stores