TIFFANY ON FISH
“There are multiple ways this man can create offense and put pressure on the opposition. AJ’s game is highlighted by a strong combination of high lacrosse IQ and sophisticated skills. This past fall, AJ proved he can be a threat in both the settled and unsettled, an area that really accentuates his sport-specific acumen. While there is still some question what his role will be, there is no questioning the fact that AJ will be on the field making us a more dangerous team.”
• Appeared in all 15 of UVA's games with four starts
• Scored 14 goals and dished out 11 assists for 25 total points
• Picked up 12 ground balls
• Scored at least one point in 13 of UVA's 15 games
• Tallied season-high four points against Siena and Penn in the ACC-Penn Showcase
• Scored two goals against Siena, High Point and Penn
• Appeared in all 15 of UVA's games with 14 starts
• Scored at least one point in 12 of UVA's 15 games
• Ran on UVA's first midfield
• Finished season with 14 goals and eight assists
• Fifth on the team with 22 points
• Scored three goals and dished out one assist at Drexel
• Tallied two goals and one assist against Penn
• Scored twice against Syracuse
• Appeared in all 15 of UVA's games
• Made the move in the fall from attack to midfield
• Scored four goals and four assists on the season
• Ran on the second midfield, saw some time at attack and SSDM
• Scored goals against Cornell (March 7), Saint Joseph's (March 10), Johns Hopkins (March 21) and VMI (March 24)
• Picked up a career-high three ground balls against Drexel (Feb. 14)
• Appeared in four of UVA's 16 games
• Made collegiate debut at Richmond (Feb. 8)
• Scored first career goal against VMI (March 24)
• Scored two goals against the Keydets and tallied first career assist
• Picked up three ground balls
• Also saw time at Mount St. Mary's (Feb. 25) and against Rutgers (Feb. 22)
• Helped lead Grayslake North to a state championship title in 2012
• All-American with 74 goals and 49 assists in 2012
• One of five juniors in the country who was selected to participate in the Champion All-American Showcase lacrosse game in Orlando, Fla.
• All-state and all-conference performer
• Was the quarterback on the football team and an all-star in basketball
• Son of Brad and Susie
• Father Brad played lacrosse at Rutgers
• Has two younger sisters, Maggie and Abby, and one younger brother, Nicholas
Dreams Coming True for Opoku at UVAMen's Soccer9/22/17Edward Opoku, a native of Ghana, is the leading scorer for No. 9 Virginia, which hosts No. 7 North Carolina on Friday night at Klöckner Stadium.Reinkensmeyer Moves Center StageFootball9/19/17Redshirt freshman Dillon Reinkensmeyer will make his third start for Virginia -- his second at center -- at Boise State on Friday night.'Hoos Savor Emphatic VictoryFootball9/16/17Virginia, which finished 2-10 in 2016, improved to 2-1 in its second season under head coach Bronco Mendenhall with a 38-18 win over UConn.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Tiffany Welcomes the 2017 Recruiting Class
M. Lacrosse | 7/17/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse head coach Lars Tiffany welcomes the Virginia men’s lacrosse ...
Five Cavaliers Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
M. Lacrosse | 6/27/2017
Five members of the UVA men’s lacrosse team were named to the 2017 All-ACC Academic MenR...
Tanner Scales Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/8/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Tanner Scales has been named a USILA Scholar All-...
Three Cavaliers Selected in the 2017 MLL Draft
M. Lacrosse | 5/28/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse had three seniors selected in the 2017 Major League Lacrosse...
Cavaliers Place Four on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Ryan Conrad, Michael Kraus and Zed Williams...
Doug Knight to be Inducted into the US Lacrosse Hall of Fame
M. Lacrosse | 5/23/2017
Former Virginia men’s lacrosse attackman Doug Knight is a member of the 2017 US Lacrosse...
Kraus Named ACC Rookie of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 05/02/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse attackman Michael Kraus has been named the Atlantic Coast...
Cavaliers Fall to Penn in ACC Showcase Game
M. Lacrosse | 04/29/2017
All six of UVA's offensive starters scored at least one goal in loss
- Online Stores