TIFFANY ON FISH
“There are multiple ways this man can create offense and put pressure on the opposition. AJ’s game is highlighted by a strong combination of high lacrosse IQ and sophisticated skills. This past fall, AJ proved he can be a threat in both the settled and unsettled, an area that really accentuates his sport-specific acumen. While there is still some question what his role will be, there is no questioning the fact that AJ will be on the field making us a more dangerous team.”
• Appeared in all 15 of UVA's games with four starts
• Scored 14 goals and dished out 11 assists for 25 total points
• Picked up 12 ground balls
• Scored at least one point in 13 of UVA's 15 games
• Tallied season-high four points against Siena and Penn in the ACC-Penn Showcase
• Scored two goals against Siena, High Point and Penn
• Appeared in all 15 of UVA's games with 14 starts
• Scored at least one point in 12 of UVA's 15 games
• Ran on UVA's first midfield
• Finished season with 14 goals and eight assists
• Fifth on the team with 22 points
• Scored three goals and dished out one assist at Drexel
• Tallied two goals and one assist against Penn
• Scored twice against Syracuse
• Appeared in all 15 of UVA's games
• Made the move in the fall from attack to midfield
• Scored four goals and four assists on the season
• Ran on the second midfield, saw some time at attack and SSDM
• Scored goals against Cornell (March 7), Saint Joseph's (March 10), Johns Hopkins (March 21) and VMI (March 24)
• Picked up a career-high three ground balls against Drexel (Feb. 14)
• Appeared in four of UVA's 16 games
• Made collegiate debut at Richmond (Feb. 8)
• Scored first career goal against VMI (March 24)
• Scored two goals against the Keydets and tallied first career assist
• Picked up three ground balls
• Also saw time at Mount St. Mary's (Feb. 25) and against Rutgers (Feb. 22)
• Helped lead Grayslake North to a state championship title in 2012
• All-American with 74 goals and 49 assists in 2012
• One of five juniors in the country who was selected to participate in the Champion All-American Showcase lacrosse game in Orlando, Fla.
• All-state and all-conference performer
• Was the quarterback on the football team and an all-star in basketball
• Son of Brad and Susie
• Father Brad played lacrosse at Rutgers
• Has two younger sisters, Maggie and Abby, and one younger brother, Nicholas
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 13 UVA and Vermont Meet Saturday in Connecticut
M. Lacrosse | 4/19/2018
Hooper Selected by Charlotte in the Fourth Round of the 2018...
M. Lacrosse | 4/18/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse defenseman Scott Hooper was selected in the 2018 Major League...
Jeff White: Kraus Sparkles Even in Defeat
M. Lacrosse | 4/14/2018
Sophomore attackman Michael Kraus had four goals and five assists -- both team highs -- in No. 10...
No. 3 Duke Outlasts No. 10 UVA, 18-13
M. Lacrosse | 4/14/2018
The No. 3 Duke Blue Devils (11-2, 3-1 ACC) outlasted the No. 10 Virginia Cavaliers (9-3, 1-3 ACC)...
No. 10 UVA hosts No. 3 Duke Saturday for Senior Day
M. Lacrosse | 4/12/2018
Virginia Announces Wahoowa Weekend for April 27-29
M. Lacrosse | 4/10/2018
The Virginia athletics department announced the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend today that is scheduled...
Kraus Named ACC Offensive Player of the Week
M. Lacrosse | 04/09/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse attackman Michael Kraus has been named the ACC Offensive Player of ...
No. 11 UVA Races Past No. 20 UNC, 15-12
M. Lacrosse | 04/07/2018
Michael Kraus scored seven points (3 goals, 4 assists) and Mike D’Amario added four goals...
- Online Stores