TIFFANY ON WEBSTER
“Having played top-level high school lacrosse and now three years at UVA, Alec has developed an intelligence and sharp mind for the game. Best at the long-stick midfield position, he is quickly embracing the up-tempo style of play and taking advantage of the resulting unsettled situations. Alec has pushed himself in his final off-season to be prepared for the running his position requires.”
• Appeared in nine of UVA's 15 games with one start
• Made first career start on Senior Day against Robert Morris
• Picked up two ground balls and caused one turnover
• Picked up one ground ball against Siena and one against Robert Morris
• Caused one turnover against Siena
• Appeared in eight of UVA's 15 games
• Picked up seven ground balls and caused two turnovers
• Grabbed two ground balls and caused a turnover at Richmond
• Appeared in three of UVA's 15 games
• Saw time at Rutgers, at VMI and against Richmond
• Appeared in one of UVA's 16 games
• Made collegiate debut vs. VMI (March 24)
• Two-year letterwinner in lacrosse at Deerfield Academy after transferring from Greenwich High School
• Spent the 2010 and 2011 seasons at Greenwich where he was part of its FCIAC championship in 2010
• Helped win a NE West championship at Deerfield in 2012
• Was part of the New England squad that won the championship at the 2011 Under Armour Underclass tournament
• Member of the honor roll all four years of high school
• Son of Tad and Monica Webster
• Has a younger sister, Kathryn
• Enjoys fishing, music and watching movies
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Scott Hooper Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/11/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Scott Hooper has been named a USILA Scholar All-A...
Cavaliers Place Three on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2018
Virginia men's lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Scott Hooper and Michael Kraus were named to the 2018...
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 05/02/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
- Online Stores