TIFFANY ON WEBSTER
“Having played top-level high school lacrosse and now three years at UVA, Alec has developed an intelligence and sharp mind for the game. Best at the long-stick midfield position, he is quickly embracing the up-tempo style of play and taking advantage of the resulting unsettled situations. Alec has pushed himself in his final off-season to be prepared for the running his position requires.”
• Appeared in nine of UVA's 15 games with one start
• Made first career start on Senior Day against Robert Morris
• Picked up two ground balls and caused one turnover
• Picked up one ground ball against Siena and one against Robert Morris
• Caused one turnover against Siena
• Appeared in eight of UVA's 15 games
• Picked up seven ground balls and caused two turnovers
• Grabbed two ground balls and caused a turnover at Richmond
• Appeared in three of UVA's 15 games
• Saw time at Rutgers, at VMI and against Richmond
• Appeared in one of UVA's 16 games
• Made collegiate debut vs. VMI (March 24)
• Two-year letterwinner in lacrosse at Deerfield Academy after transferring from Greenwich High School
• Spent the 2010 and 2011 seasons at Greenwich where he was part of its FCIAC championship in 2010
• Helped win a NE West championship at Deerfield in 2012
• Was part of the New England squad that won the championship at the 2011 Under Armour Underclass tournament
• Member of the honor roll all four years of high school
• Son of Tad and Monica Webster
• Has a younger sister, Kathryn
• Enjoys fishing, music and watching movies
Jackson Comfortable in Leading RoleWomen's Lacrosse2/16/18As a sophomore last season, Maggie Jackson led the Cavaliers in points, ground balls and draw controls and tied for the lead in assists.Eikhoff Eager to Assume Larger RoleBaseball2/15/18No. 15 Virginia, which opens the season Friday against No. 22 Central Florida, is counting on production from junior infield Nate Eikhoff.Hard-Earned Break Next for Top-Ranked 'HoosMen's Basketball2/14/18No. 1 Virginia, which defeated ACC rival Miami 59-50 late Tuesday night in Coral Gables, Fla., doesn't play again until next Wednesday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Aitken Leads No. 11 UVA Over Drexel, 13-8
M. Lacrosse | 2/17/2018
Sophomore midfielder scores four goals in Cavalier win
No. 11 Virginia Travels to Drexel on Saturday
M. Lacrosse | 2/15/2018
UVA Sweeps ACC Player of the Week Honors
M. Lacrosse | 2/12/2018
Laviano and Thompson honored for their play against then-No. 13 Loyola, helping the Cavaliers win...
Jeff White: Newcomer Provides Boost on Faceoffs
M. Lacrosse | 2/11/2018
A transfer from Monmouth, Justin Schwenk won 16 of 26 faceoffs Saturday in Virginia's season-open...
Aitken’s Goal Lifts UVA Over No. 13 Loyola in 2OT, 13-12
M. Lacrosse | 2/10/2018
Ian Laviano leads Cavaliers in collegiate debut with five goals and one assist to help the UVA...
UVA Hosts No. 13 Loyola in Season Opener on Saturday
M. Lacrosse | 2/8/2018
UVA Broadcasting Schedule for Men's Lacrosse
M. Lacrosse | 02/09/2018
Ten of UVA's 15 games will appear on ESPN affiliated networks. UVA opens the 2018 season on Feb. ...
Davenport & Klöckner Clear Bag Policy & Entry...
M. Lacrosse | 01/31/2018
The Virginia athletics department announced today (Jan. 31) its clear bag policy and entrance...
- Online Stores