TIFFANY ON CAMPBELL
“Chase forces all of us to reconsider what one man can accomplish. It may be easier to list what he is not involved with at UVA. The President of SACH and winner of the prestigious Crowley Scholarship, Chase somehow balances all of the demands he places on himself, and he makes it look easy. With a future in the New York City finance world already secured, Chase is training intensely in his final go-around with our program. He is serving as a fantastic voice and model, positively impacting the culture of UVA lacrosse.”
• Appeared in 12 of UVA's 18 games
• Saw some time on man-down defense
• Made first collegiate start against VMI
• Picked up three ground balls and caused three turnovers
• Appeared in seven of UVA's 15 games
• Saw some time on man-down defense
• Appeared against Siena, High Point, Notre Dame, Richmond, Cleveland State, Robert Morris and Duke
• Awarded UVA's prestigious T. Rodney Crowley Jr. Scholarship, which awarded to an accomplished student who demonstrates leadership, sportsmanship, character and integrity
• Appeared in one of UVA's 15 games
• Picked up one ground ball against VMI
• Appeared in two of UVa's 15 games
• Made collegiate debut at VMI
• Also saw time against Richmond
• Picked up two ground balls at VMI
• Caused a turnover against Richmond
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Listed as the No. 98 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 18 incoming defenseman in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Three-year varsity letterwinner
• First-team All-MIAA
• Baltimore Sun All-Metro first-team
• MSLCA first-team all-state
• MIAA quarterfinal appearance and two semifinal appearances
• Part of the Baltimore Lacrosse Club Crabs team that went undefeated during his entire high school career
• Spent three years on the varsity football team at Gilman
• Member of Gilman football's MIAA championship squads in 2011 and 2012
• Team captain as a senior and had 68 tackles, four sacks and forced two fumbles at outside linebacker
• On honor roll all four years at Gilman
• Member of the business club
• Son of Gordon and Dorsey Campbell
• Has one younger brother, Jay, and one younger sister, Annie
• Grandfather Sandy Hoff played lacrosse at Virginia from 1954-57 and was the lone team captain in 1957
• Mother Dorsey (Hoff) played field hockey and lacrosse at St. Lawrence University
• Is a volunteer at the Carmelo Anthony Center serving as a camp counselor to underprivileged Baltimore inner-city youth
• A volunteer with Charm City Lacrosse where he also coaches lacrosse to underprivileged Baltimore inner-city youth
UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.Lillie Helps Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceWomen's Golf5/16/18Beth Lillie, one of four freshmen named to the All-ACC team, is second in scoring average for UVA, which plays in the NCAA championships this week.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 5/2/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 5/1/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
Jeff White: Weekend Ends on Disappointing Note
M. Lacrosse | 04/29/2018
Virginia plays once more before the NCAA field is announced next Sunday night. UVA (11-5) hosts...
No. 9 UVA Hosts In-State Foe VMI on Tuesday
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
- Online Stores