Cavaliers and Big Red are meeting for the eighth year in a row
Barrett, Coholan, Pannell, Scales and Williams grace this year’s watch list
UVA has had at least one first round selection in each of the past eight drafts
Coholan, Pannell and Scales selected by peers as captains
Tucker received the Allen Voshell Award winner as Team MVP
• USILA honorable mention All-American
• Started all 15 games between attack and midfield
• Led UVa with 39 goals and 53 points
• No. 5 in the ACC with 2.6 goals per game
• One of UVa's five captains
• Named ACC Offensive Player of the Week on Feb. 9 after scoring four goals and one assist in UVa's win at No. 7 Loyola (Feb. 7)
• Scored three goals at Rutgers (Feb. 21)
• Notched four goals against No. 4 Notre Dame (March 14)
• Scored two goals, including the OT winner at No. 19 Johns Hopkins (March 21)
• Tallied eight points on four goals and four assists against Penn (April 25)
• Started all 16 games on the first midfield
• Scored at least one point in 14 of UVa's 16 games
• Scored one goal and dished out two assists against No. 12 Loyola (Feb. 6)
• Scored two goals and dished out one assist at Richmond (Feb. 8)
• Scored one goal and dished out two assists against Rutgers (Feb. 22)
• Scored a career-high three goals, including the OT winner vs. No. 9 Johns Hopkins (March 22)
• Notched a career-high four points on two goals and two assists against Duke (April 11)
• Appeared in all 15 of UVa's games and made two starts
• Ran mostly on the second midfield unit
• Made first collegiate start against Vermont (March 5)
• Also made a start against Bellarmine (April 20)
• Scored first collegiate goal against VMI (Feb. 19)
• Finished the season with five goals and two assists
• Also scored goals against Vermont (March 5), Maryland (March 30 & April 26) and North Carolina (April 28)
• Scored two goals during the ACC Tournament in Chapel Hill, N.C.
• Dished out his first career assist against Mount St. Mary's (Feb. 26)
• Also dished out an assist at Duke (April 12)
• Redshirted season
• Listed as the No. 91 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• A 2011 graduate of Irondequoit High School
• 2011 All-American
• 2011 Academic All-American
• Section V MVP
• Three-time All-County first-team
• All-Greater Rochester
• Nation's No. 47 rising senior by Inside Lacrosse
• Sustained multiple lower extremity injuries as a senior, coming back to earn MVP honors in the Section V Championship with four goals and two assists
• Tallied 35 goals and 15 assists as junior
• A forward on the hockey team
• Son of Terry and Janet Coholan
• Has two older brothers, Kevin and Drew, and one younger brother, Michael
• Brother Kevin played lacrosse at Mercyhurst and brother Drew played at Hofstra
• Enjoys skiing, boating and longboarding
Coholan's Career Statistics
Cavalier Football Notebook -- Virginia Tech WeekFootball11/24/17At 8 p.m. Friday, in the battle for the Commonwealth Cup, UVA (6-5, 3-4) meets Virginia Tech (8-3, 4-3) at Scott Stadium. ESPN will televise the game.Littlepage Ready to Start Next ChapterGeneral Release11/24/17During Craig Littlepage's 16 years as athletics director, UVA teams have won 13 NCAA championships and 76 ACC titles.Cavaliers Looking to Build MomentumWomen's Basketball11/22/17Virginia (2-3) will play twice this weekend in the Cavalier Classic at John Paul Jones Arena: Saturday against Harvard and Sunday against Duquesne.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Tiffany Announces Men’s Lacrosse Captains for 2018
M. Lacrosse | 10/3/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse head coach Lars Tiffany announced that midfielder Ryan Conrad and...
Tiffany Welcomes the 2017 Recruiting Class
M. Lacrosse | 7/17/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse head coach Lars Tiffany welcomes the Virginia men’s lacrosse ...
Five Cavaliers Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
M. Lacrosse | 6/27/2017
Five members of the UVA men’s lacrosse team were named to the 2017 All-ACC Academic MenR...
Tanner Scales Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/8/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Tanner Scales has been named a USILA Scholar All-...
Three Cavaliers Selected in the 2017 MLL Draft
M. Lacrosse | 5/28/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse had three seniors selected in the 2017 Major League Lacrosse...
Cavaliers Place Four on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Ryan Conrad, Michael Kraus and Zed Williams...
Doug Knight to be Inducted into the US Lacrosse Hall of Fame
M. Lacrosse | 05/23/2017
Former Virginia men’s lacrosse attackman Doug Knight is a member of the 2017 US Lacrosse...
Kraus Named ACC Rookie of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 05/02/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse attackman Michael Kraus has been named the Atlantic Coast...
- Online Stores