Cavaliers and Big Red are meeting for the eighth year in a row
Barrett, Coholan, Pannell, Scales and Williams grace this year’s watch list
UVA has had at least one first round selection in each of the past eight drafts
Coholan, Pannell and Scales selected by peers as captains
Tucker received the Allen Voshell Award winner as Team MVP
• USILA honorable mention All-American
• Started all 15 games between attack and midfield
• Led UVa with 39 goals and 53 points
• No. 5 in the ACC with 2.6 goals per game
• One of UVa's five captains
• Named ACC Offensive Player of the Week on Feb. 9 after scoring four goals and one assist in UVa's win at No. 7 Loyola (Feb. 7)
• Scored three goals at Rutgers (Feb. 21)
• Notched four goals against No. 4 Notre Dame (March 14)
• Scored two goals, including the OT winner at No. 19 Johns Hopkins (March 21)
• Tallied eight points on four goals and four assists against Penn (April 25)
• Started all 16 games on the first midfield
• Scored at least one point in 14 of UVa's 16 games
• Scored one goal and dished out two assists against No. 12 Loyola (Feb. 6)
• Scored two goals and dished out one assist at Richmond (Feb. 8)
• Scored one goal and dished out two assists against Rutgers (Feb. 22)
• Scored a career-high three goals, including the OT winner vs. No. 9 Johns Hopkins (March 22)
• Notched a career-high four points on two goals and two assists against Duke (April 11)
• Appeared in all 15 of UVa's games and made two starts
• Ran mostly on the second midfield unit
• Made first collegiate start against Vermont (March 5)
• Also made a start against Bellarmine (April 20)
• Scored first collegiate goal against VMI (Feb. 19)
• Finished the season with five goals and two assists
• Also scored goals against Vermont (March 5), Maryland (March 30 & April 26) and North Carolina (April 28)
• Scored two goals during the ACC Tournament in Chapel Hill, N.C.
• Dished out his first career assist against Mount St. Mary's (Feb. 26)
• Also dished out an assist at Duke (April 12)
• Redshirted season
• Listed as the No. 91 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• A 2011 graduate of Irondequoit High School
• 2011 All-American
• 2011 Academic All-American
• Section V MVP
• Three-time All-County first-team
• All-Greater Rochester
• Nation's No. 47 rising senior by Inside Lacrosse
• Sustained multiple lower extremity injuries as a senior, coming back to earn MVP honors in the Section V Championship with four goals and two assists
• Tallied 35 goals and 15 assists as junior
• A forward on the hockey team
• Son of Terry and Janet Coholan
• Has two older brothers, Kevin and Drew, and one younger brother, Michael
• Brother Kevin played lacrosse at Mercyhurst and brother Drew played at Hofstra
• Enjoys skiing, boating and longboarding
Coholan's Career Statistics
Summer Buildup Begins in EarnestMen's Basketball6/28/16The Virginia men's basketball team, which will travel to Spain in August, held its first practice of the summer Tuesday at JPJ.O'Leary Takes Unusual Path to OlympicsWomen's Rowing6/27/16Meghan O'Leary, who played softball and volleyball at UVA, will represent the United States in rowing at the Olympics this summer.Tiffany Plans to Push Pace at UVAMen's Lacrosse6/21/16New men's lacrosse coach Lars Tiffany comes to Virginia from Brown, which went 16-3 and led the nation in scoring this season.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Tiffany Plans to Push Pace at UVA
M. Lacrosse | 6/21/2016
New head coach Lars Tiffany comes to Virginia from Brown, which went 16-3 and led the nation in...
Virginia Names Lars Tiffany Head Men's Lacrosse Coach
M. Lacrosse | 6/21/2016
Virginia athletics director Craig Littlepage announced Tuesday (June 21) that Lars Tiffany, the...
Four Cavaliers Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
M. Lacrosse | 6/20/2016
Four members of UVA’s men’s lacrosse team were named to the 2016 All-ACC Academic Men...
Cavaliers Place Two on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/28/2016
Virginia men’s lacrosse players Michael Howard and Zed Williams were named to the 2016...
Dom Starsia Departs as Virginia Men’s Lacrosse Coach
M. Lacrosse | 5/23/2016
University of Virginia director of athletics Craig Littlepage announced today that a change in...
No. 2 Brown Ends Virginia's Season
M. Lacrosse | 5/1/2016
The No. 2 Brown Bears (14-1) outlast the Virginia Cavaliers (7-8) through two lightning delays on...
Jeff White: Cavaliers' Margin for Error Gone
M. Lacrosse | 04/29/2016
To become eligible for an NCAA tournament bid, Virginia (7-7) must upset second-ranked Brown (13-...
UVA to Face No. 2 Brown on Saturday in Georgia
M. Lacrosse | 04/28/2016
- Online Stores