TIFFANY ON FERSEN
“The attributes of a dependable close defenseman are all found in Cooper. He has the strength of an ox. Cooper’s skill with the long stick in his hands is much more sophisticated than most as proven when he intercepts most balls thrown his direction. Cooper comprehends our defensive schemes quickly and can adeptly explain them to others. Thus, what does Cooper need in order to play? A healthy back and louder volume applied to his thoughts.”
• Appeared in all 15 of UVA's games with one start
• Saw a lot of time on man-down defense
• Made first collegiate start against Cleveland State
• Picked up nine ground balls and caused 11 turnovers
• Caused two turnovers at Penn and against High Point
• Appeared in three of UVA's 15 games
• Picked up four ground balls
• Saw time against VMI, Richmond and Duke
• Appeared in 14 of UVa's 15 games
• Saw most of his time at LSM
• Made collegiate debut at No. 7 Loyola
• Picked up 12 ground balls and caused two turnovers on the season
• Listed as the No. 89 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 15 incoming defenseman in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Four-year letterwinner at the Berkshire School in Sheffield, Mass.
• Named to the All-New England team his final three seasons
• A 2012 and 2013 Under Armour All-Star
• Piled up 53 ground balls and dished out three assists as a freshman
• Earned three varsity letters in hockey
• Also played soccer
• Son of Paul and Mimi Fersen
• Has an older brother, Nick, and an older sister, Lizzie
• Enjoys fishing
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 13 UVA and Vermont Meet Saturday in Connecticut
M. Lacrosse | 4/19/2018
Hooper Selected by Charlotte in the Fourth Round of the 2018...
M. Lacrosse | 4/18/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse defenseman Scott Hooper was selected in the 2018 Major League...
Jeff White: Kraus Sparkles Even in Defeat
M. Lacrosse | 4/14/2018
Sophomore attackman Michael Kraus had four goals and five assists -- both team highs -- in No. 10...
No. 3 Duke Outlasts No. 10 UVA, 18-13
M. Lacrosse | 4/14/2018
The No. 3 Duke Blue Devils (11-2, 3-1 ACC) outlasted the No. 10 Virginia Cavaliers (9-3, 1-3 ACC)...
No. 10 UVA hosts No. 3 Duke Saturday for Senior Day
M. Lacrosse | 4/12/2018
Virginia Announces Wahoowa Weekend for April 27-29
M. Lacrosse | 4/10/2018
The Virginia athletics department announced the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend today that is scheduled...
Kraus Named ACC Offensive Player of the Week
M. Lacrosse | 04/09/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse attackman Michael Kraus has been named the ACC Offensive Player of ...
No. 11 UVA Races Past No. 20 UNC, 15-12
M. Lacrosse | 04/07/2018
Michael Kraus scored seven points (3 goals, 4 assists) and Mike D’Amario added four goals...
- Online Stores