TIFFANY ON FERSEN
“Few of the defensemen in our program have as sophisticated a stick. Cooper can make plays with timely knock downs and pickoffs. He is also just about the strongest man in the program, with big numbers in the weight room. Cooper’s impending emergence is dependent upon his continued work with his agility, raising the volume of his voice commands and shedding his reserved persona on the field.”
• Appeared in all 15 of UVA's games with one start
• Saw a lot of time on man-down defense
• Made first collegiate start against Cleveland State
• Picked up nine ground balls and caused 11 turnovers
• Caused two turnovers at Penn and against High Point
• Appeared in three of UVA's 15 games
• Picked up four ground balls
• Saw time against VMI, Richmond and Duke
• Appeared in 14 of UVa's 15 games
• Saw most of his time at LSM
• Made collegiate debut at No. 7 Loyola
• Picked up 12 ground balls and caused two turnovers on the season
• Listed as the No. 89 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 15 incoming defenseman in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Four-year letterwinner at the Berkshire School in Sheffield, Mass.
• Named to the All-New England team his final three seasons
• A 2012 and 2013 Under Armour All-Star
• Piled up 53 ground balls and dished out three assists as a freshman
• Earned three varsity letters in hockey
• Also played soccer
• Son of Paul and Mimi Fersen
• Has an older brother, Nick, and an older sister, Lizzie
• Enjoys fishing
Williams Excited About Opportunity at UVAGeneral Release10/22/17The next athletics director at UVA will be Carla Williams, who's been a student--athlete, coach and an administrator at the University of Georgia.'Hoos Take Step Back in One-Sided LossFootball10/21/17For Virginia, which lost 41-10 to visiting Boston College on Saturday, the next opportunity to become bowl-eligible comes next weekend at Pitt.Green Adjusting to New SurroundingsWrestling10/20/17A transfer from Boise State, which dropped its wrestling program last spring, Fred Green is a candidate to start at 157 pounds for Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Tiffany Announces Men’s Lacrosse Captains for 2018
M. Lacrosse | 10/3/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse head coach Lars Tiffany announced that midfielder Ryan Conrad and...
Tiffany Welcomes the 2017 Recruiting Class
M. Lacrosse | 7/17/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse head coach Lars Tiffany welcomes the Virginia men’s lacrosse ...
Five Cavaliers Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
M. Lacrosse | 6/27/2017
Five members of the UVA men’s lacrosse team were named to the 2017 All-ACC Academic MenR...
Tanner Scales Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/8/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Tanner Scales has been named a USILA Scholar All-...
Three Cavaliers Selected in the 2017 MLL Draft
M. Lacrosse | 5/28/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse had three seniors selected in the 2017 Major League Lacrosse...
Cavaliers Place Four on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Ryan Conrad, Michael Kraus and Zed Williams...
Doug Knight to be Inducted into the US Lacrosse Hall of Fame
M. Lacrosse | 05/23/2017
Former Virginia men’s lacrosse attackman Doug Knight is a member of the 2017 US Lacrosse...
Kraus Named ACC Rookie of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 05/02/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse attackman Michael Kraus has been named the Atlantic Coast...
- Online Stores