Tucker received the Allen Voshell Award winner as Team MVP
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Van Arsdale leads honorees with his fourth career nod
Coholan, Sacco and Tucker also honored
UVa has now had 24 student-athletes to earn the USILA Scholar All-America honor
Men's Lacrosse vs. Cornell (by Matt Riley)
• USILA honorable mention All-American
• USILA Scholar All-American
• Started all 15 of UVa's games
• Made first collegiate start at No. 7 Loyola (Feb. 7)
• One of UVa's five captains
• Named a captain for remainder of the season before the Cornell game after the other four captains discussed with team and requested the honor from Coach Starsia
• Named ACC Defensive Player of the Week on Feb. 9 after holding Greyhound All-American Nikko Pontrello to one goal in UVa's win at No. 7 Loyola
• Caused four turnovers and picked up three ground balls against No. 16 Drexel (Feb. 14)
• Picked up one ground ball and caused one turnover at Rutgers (Feb. 21)
• Caused five turnovers at No. 19 Johns Hopkins (March 21)
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Appeared in six of UVa's 16 games
• Saw time mostly on UVa's man-down defense
• Picked up a career-high two ground balls and caused a career-high three turnovers vs. VMI (March 24)
• Appeared in one of UVa's games
• Saw time against VMI (Feb. 19)
• Caused first career turnover and picked up second career ground ball against the Keydets
• Walked onto the squad during fall practice
• Appeared in two games
• Made his collegiate debut vs. VMI
• Also saw time against Vermont
• Picked up first career ground ball against VMI
• 2011 graduate of Jamesville-DeWitt High School where he was a three-year letterwinner in lacrosse
• Was a 2011 first-team All-Central New York selection
• Member of the 2010 & 2011 Class B New York State Championship team at Jamesville-DeWitt
• Was a ESPNHS lacrosse honorable mention All-American
• Also earned three letters in basketball and was a member of the 2009-10-11 Class A New York State championship squads
• Won five state championships in four years of high school (three in basketball and two in lacrosse)
• Was class president all four years of high school
• Member of the National Honor Society and was a recipient of the 2011 AP Scholar Award
• Son of John and Lisa Sacco
• Has an older brother, Bryan, and a older sister, Brigitte
• Brother, Bryan, played football at Cornell from 1997-2001
• Enjoys golf and shark cage diving
Sacco's Career Statistics
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Scott Hooper Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/11/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Scott Hooper has been named a USILA Scholar All-A...
Cavaliers Place Three on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2018
Virginia men's lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Scott Hooper and Michael Kraus were named to the 2018...
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 05/02/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
- Online Stores