Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
By Jeff White (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Appeared in three of UVa's 15 games
• Saw time at VMI, against Richmond and North Carolina
• Picked up five ground balls and caused one turnover at VMI (March 24)
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Appeared in one of UVa's 16 games
• Made season debut vs. VMI (March 24)
• Picked up one ground ball vs. the Keydets
• Appeared in one game
• Made collegiate debut against VMI (Feb. 19)
• Suffered a lower extremity injury that sidelined him the rest of the season
• Will apply for a medical hardship
• Picked up first career ground ball against the Keydets
• Listed as the No. 72 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 20 incoming defensemen in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Won a bronze medal with the Swedish National team at the 2012 European Lacrosse Championship
• Ranked the No. 6 LSM by ESPN
• Under Armour All-Star
• Earned first-team all-league honors
• Averaged nearly eight ground balls a game as a junior
• Also played four years of hockey and was a member of the New England Prep School Division I runner-rup squad at Holderness School
• Played football at Holderness School, in addition to hockey and lacrosse
• On honor roll in 2011 and 2012
• Son of Dickson and Monica Smith
• Has one brother, Eric, and one sister, Ellie
• Cousin Spencer Branigan is a senior first baseman on the Penn baseball team
• Mother Monica participated in orienteering in Sweden
• Grandfather, Dickson Smith, played hockey and football at Harvard
• Volunteered in the Plymouth, N.H. Hospital's emergency room
Smith's Career Statistics
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Scott Hooper Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/11/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Scott Hooper has been named a USILA Scholar All-A...
Cavaliers Place Three on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2018
Virginia men's lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Scott Hooper and Michael Kraus were named to the 2018...
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 05/02/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
- Online Stores