Aitken leads honorees on the first team
Aitken and Kraus are two of 25 on the nominee list
Sophomore duo earns All-ACC accolades
UVA duo are two of 50 male-student athletes named to the watch list
Conrad leads honorees on the third team
"After a strong first year, arguably the best rookie season for a UVA midfielder ever, how does Dox follow it up? From the weight room to the practice field to the film study, there is little evidence our Freshman of the Year award winner is resting on any laurels - actually, it is quite the opposite. Dox is a student of the game, constantly pursuing greater knowledge - both offensively and defensively - and enhancing his dodging and shooting techniques. He balances a tremendous drive to be great with a refreshing humbleness."
• Inside Lacrosse All-American (1st)
• Tewaaraton Trophy Nominee (1-of-25)
• Became the fastest Cavalier midfielder to 50 career goals, doing so in 25 career games (vs. Johns Hopkins on March 24, 2018). He reached the mark in five fewer games than Pete Eldredge (30 games)
• Set the UVA midfielder single-season record with 51 points
• Is the 12th Cavalier midfielder to score at least 30 goals in a season
• His 39 goals rank No. 2 all-time at UVA in a season by a midfielder
• Started all 18 games and was No. 2 on the team with 39 goals and 51 points
• Scored a career-high six goals against Johns Hopkins
• Had 12 multi-goal games
• Scored points in 16-of-18 games
• Scored four goals at Drexel, at Stony Brook and at Loyola in the NCAA Tournament
• Picked up 36 ground balls and caused five turnovers
• Inside Lacrosse Preseason All-American (2nd)
• Inside Lacrosse Midseason All-American (1st)
• USILA All-American (HM)
• Inside Lacrosse All-American (HM)
• Tewaaraton Trophy Watch List
• Shattered UVA's freshmen midfielder record for goals (29) and points (40)
• Broke the goals record in eight games and the points record in nine games
• His 40 points rank No. 12 all-time among UVA freshmen
• His 29 goals led the nation's freshmen midfielders
• Named ACC Offensive Player of the Week after scoring four goals in collegiate debut against Loyola
• Also named Inside Lacrosse/Alpha Lacrosse National Player of the Week for his game at Loyola
• Had eight multi-goal games
• Scored a hat-trick in four of his first five college games
• Scored at least one point in 14 of UVA's 15 games
• Picked up 31 ground balls and caused eight turnovers
• Tallied a season-high five goals against High Point
• Scored four goals in games against Loyola and Penn
• Scored three goals in games against Drexel, Syracuse and Richmond
• Member of the 2016 U19 Team USA gold-medal winning team
• Listed as the No. 2 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 1 midfielder in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Under Armour All-American
• Two-time All-American at Haverford
• Tallied 57 goals and 15 assists in 2016 for Haverford
• Collected 60 ground balls in 2016
• Inter-Ac MVP
• Helped lead Haverford to the 2015 National Championship and a 26-0 record
• Also was a standout football player at Haverford
• Inter-Ac Player of the Year in football
• 3A all-state, all-city and All-Southeast Pennsylvania in football
• Honor student
• Member of the Spanish Society and Jazz Band
• Son of Mark and Patrice Aitken
• Has two sisters, Chandler and Schuyler
• Father, Mark, played lacrosse at Lafayette
• Mother, Patrice, played lacrosse at Penn State
• Cousin Chris Aitken played lacrosse at Villanova (2008-11)
• Cousin Steve Aitken played lacrosse at Penn State (2011-14)
• Uncle Scott Growney played in the NLL for the Philadelphia Wings
• Cousin Colton Growney played lacrosse at Williams, cousin Chase Growney played lacrosse at Trinity and cousin Scottie Rose Growney played lacrosse at North Carolina
• Cousin Reilly Masterson plays lacrosse at Penn State
• Uncle Steve Growney was an All-American lacrosse player at Franklin and Marshall
• Aunt, Doss Growney Masterson, played lacrosse at Lafayette
• Uncle, Bob Aitken, played lacrosse at William & Mary
Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.Hall Working to Raise NBA StockMen's Basketball6/12/18By the time the NBA draft arrives on June 21, former UVA guard Devon Hall will have worked out for nearly two-thirds of the league's 30 teams.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Scott Hooper Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/11/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Scott Hooper has been named a USILA Scholar All-A...
Cavaliers Place Three on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2018
Virginia men's lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Scott Hooper and Michael Kraus were named to the 2018...
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 05/02/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
- Online Stores