UVA duo are two of 50 male-student athletes named to the watch list
Conrad leads honorees on the third team
Aitken and Scales honored for their play against then-No. 6 Loyola
"After a strong first year, arguably the best rookie season for a UVA midfielder ever, how does Dox follow it up? From the weight room to the practice field to the film study, there is little evidence our Freshman of the Year award winner is resting on any laurels - actually, it is quite the opposite. Dox is a student of the game, constantly pursuing greater knowledge - both offensively and defensively - and enhancing his dodging and shooting techniques. He balances a tremendous drive to be great with a refreshing humbleness."
• USILA All-American (HM)
• Inside Lacrosse All-American (HM)
• Tewaaraton Trophy Watch List
• Shattered UVA's freshmen midfielder record for goals (29) and points (40)
• Broke the goals record in eight games and the points record in nine games
• His 40 points rank No. 12 all-time among UVA freshmen
• His 29 goals led the nation's freshmen midfielders
• Named ACC Offensive Player of the Week after scoring four goals in collegiate debut against Loyola
• Also named Inside Lacrosse/Alpha Lacrosse National Player of the Week for his game at Loyola
• Had eight multi-goal games
• Scored a hat-trick in four of his first five college games
• Scored at least one point in 14 of UVA's 15 games
• Picked up 31 ground balls and caused eight turnovers
• Tallied a season-high five goals against High Point
• Scored four goals in games against Loyola and Penn
• Scored three goals in games against Drexel, Syracuse and Richmond
• Member of the 2016 U19 Team USA gold-medal winning team
• Listed as the No. 2 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 1 midfielder in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Under Armour All-American
• Two-time All-American at Haverford
• Tallied 57 goals and 15 assists in 2016 for Haverford
• Collected 60 ground balls in 2016
• Inter-Ac MVP
• Helped lead Haverford to the 2015 National Championship and a 26-0 record
• Also was a standout football player at Haverford
• Inter-Ac Player of the Year in football
• 3A all-state, all-city and All-Southeast Pennsylvania in football
• Honor student
• Member of the Spanish Society and Jazz Band
• Son of Mark and Patrice Aitken
• Has two sisters, Chandler and Schuyler
• Father, Mark, played lacrosse at Lafayette
• Mother, Patrice, played lacrosse at Penn State
• Cousin Chris Aitken played lacrosse at Villanova (2008-11)
• Cousin Steve Aitken played lacrosse at Penn State (2011-14)
• Uncle Scott Growney played in the NLL for the Philadelphia Wings
• Cousin Colton Growney played lacrosse at Williams, cousin Chase Growney played lacrosse at Trinity and cousin Scottie Rose Growney played lacrosse at North Carolina
• Cousin Reilly Masterson plays lacrosse at Penn State
• Uncle Steve Growney was an All-American lacrosse player at Franklin and Marshall
• Aunt, Doss Growney Masterson, played lacrosse at Lafayette
• Uncle, Bob Aitken, played lacrosse at William & Mary
'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 10 UVA Hosts Dartmouth on Tuesday Afternoon at 3 p.m.
M. Lacrosse | 3/19/2018
Tuesday’s Dartmouth Game Start Time Changed to 3 p.m.
M. Lacrosse | 3/19/2018
Faceoff of Tuesday’s (March 20) home non-conference men’s lacrosse game at Klöck...
No. 7 UVA Falls Late at No. 4 Notre Dame, 9-7
M. Lacrosse | 3/17/2018
The No. 7 Virginia Cavaliers (6-2, 0-2 ACC) dropped a heartbreaker against the No. 4 Notre Dame...
No. 7 UVA Returns to ACC Play on Saturday at No. 4 Notre Dame
M. Lacrosse | 3/15/2018
No. 9 UVA is Triumphant at Stony Brook, 15-14
M. Lacrosse | 3/10/2018
No. 9 Virginia (6-1) sweeps its New York road trip, as the Cavaliers outlast the Stony Brook...
No. 9 UVA Concludes New York Swing on Saturday at Stony Brook
M. Lacrosse | 3/8/2018
No. 9 UVA outlasts Manhattan on Tuesday Night, 8-5
M. Lacrosse | 03/06/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (5-1) bounced back on one day's rest and beat the Manhattan Jaspers ...
No. 9 UVA Visits Manhattan in Tuesday for a Non-Conference Tilt
M. Lacrosse | 03/05/2018
- Online Stores