Cavaliers and Big Red are meeting for the eighth year in a row
Barrett, Coholan, Pannell, Scales and Williams grace this year’s watch list
UVA has had at least one first round selection in each of the past eight drafts
Coholan, Pannell and Scales selected by peers as captains
Tucker received the Allen Voshell Award winner as Team MVP
• USILA honorable mention All-American
• Started all 15 games between attack and midfield
• Led UVa with 39 goals and 53 points
• No. 5 in the ACC with 2.6 goals per game
• One of UVa's five captains
• Named ACC Offensive Player of the Week on Feb. 9 after scoring four goals and one assist in UVa's win at No. 7 Loyola (Feb. 7)
• Scored three goals at Rutgers (Feb. 21)
• Notched four goals against No. 4 Notre Dame (March 14)
• Scored two goals, including the OT winner at No. 19 Johns Hopkins (March 21)
• Tallied eight points on four goals and four assists against Penn (April 25)
• Started all 16 games on the first midfield
• Scored at least one point in 14 of UVa's 16 games
• Scored one goal and dished out two assists against No. 12 Loyola (Feb. 6)
• Scored two goals and dished out one assist at Richmond (Feb. 8)
• Scored one goal and dished out two assists against Rutgers (Feb. 22)
• Scored a career-high three goals, including the OT winner vs. No. 9 Johns Hopkins (March 22)
• Notched a career-high four points on two goals and two assists against Duke (April 11)
• Appeared in all 15 of UVa's games and made two starts
• Ran mostly on the second midfield unit
• Made first collegiate start against Vermont (March 5)
• Also made a start against Bellarmine (April 20)
• Scored first collegiate goal against VMI (Feb. 19)
• Finished the season with five goals and two assists
• Also scored goals against Vermont (March 5), Maryland (March 30 & April 26) and North Carolina (April 28)
• Scored two goals during the ACC Tournament in Chapel Hill, N.C.
• Dished out his first career assist against Mount St. Mary's (Feb. 26)
• Also dished out an assist at Duke (April 12)
• Redshirted season
• Listed as the No. 91 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• A 2011 graduate of Irondequoit High School
• 2011 All-American
• 2011 Academic All-American
• Section V MVP
• Three-time All-County first-team
• All-Greater Rochester
• Nation's No. 47 rising senior by Inside Lacrosse
• Sustained multiple lower extremity injuries as a senior, coming back to earn MVP honors in the Section V Championship with four goals and two assists
• Tallied 35 goals and 15 assists as junior
• A forward on the hockey team
• Son of Terry and Janet Coholan
• Has two older brothers, Kevin and Drew, and one younger brother, Michael
• Brother Kevin played lacrosse at Mercyhurst and brother Drew played at Hofstra
• Enjoys skiing, boating and longboarding
Coholan's Career Statistics
Slumping Cavaliers Look to RegroupMen's Basketball2/19/17No. 14 Virginia (18-8, 8-6) will try to end a three-game losing streak Monday night when ACC rival Miami (18-8, 8-6) visit John Paul Jones Arena.Kwiatkowski Sets Standard On and Off CourtMen's Tennis2/16/17Thai-Son Kwiatkowski, one of top-ranked Virginia's best players, also has distinguished himself in the McIntire School of Commerce.Grueling Stretch Continues for 'HoosMen's Basketball2/16/17No. 14 Virginia, which lost Wednesday night to No. 12 Duke at JPJ, meets No. 10 North Carolina in Chapel Hill on Saturday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
D'Amario's Seven Goals Pushes No. 7 UVA Past Drexel, 18-14
M. Lacrosse | 2/18/2017
No. 7 UVA Hosts Drexel in Home Opener on Saturday
M. Lacrosse | 2/16/2017
UVA Sweeps ACC Player of the Week Honors
M. Lacrosse | 2/13/2017
Virginia men’s lacrosse players Dox Aitken and Tanner Scales swept the ACC Player of the...
Jeff White: Aitken Dazzles in UVA Debut
M. Lacrosse | 2/11/2017
Freshman midfielder Dox Aitken scored a game-high four goals Saturday to help No. 14 Virginia...
UVA Opens the Tiffany Era with a 16-15 Win over No. 6 Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 2/11/2017
It was a wild finish at the Ridley Athletic Complex as 13 combined goals were scored in the...
No. 14 UVA Opens up the Tiffany Era at No. 6 Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 2/9/2017
Virginia Announces 2017 Men's Lacrosse Broadcast Schedule
M. Lacrosse | 01/30/2017
Virginia Athletics has unveiled the broadcast schedule for the 2017 Virginia men’s lacrosse...
Phil Menson Poquie Dismissed from Virginia Men’s...
M. Lacrosse | 01/27/2017
Sophomore midfielder Phil Menson Poquie (Philadelphia, PA) has been dismissed from the Virginia...
- Online Stores