Cavaliers and Big Red are meeting for the eighth year in a row
Barrett, Coholan, Pannell, Scales and Williams grace this year’s watch list
UVA has had at least one first round selection in each of the past eight drafts
Coholan, Pannell and Scales selected by peers as captains
Tucker received the Allen Voshell Award winner as Team MVP
• USILA honorable mention All-American
• Started all 15 games between attack and midfield
• Led UVa with 39 goals and 53 points
• No. 5 in the ACC with 2.6 goals per game
• One of UVa's five captains
• Named ACC Offensive Player of the Week on Feb. 9 after scoring four goals and one assist in UVa's win at No. 7 Loyola (Feb. 7)
• Scored three goals at Rutgers (Feb. 21)
• Notched four goals against No. 4 Notre Dame (March 14)
• Scored two goals, including the OT winner at No. 19 Johns Hopkins (March 21)
• Tallied eight points on four goals and four assists against Penn (April 25)
• Started all 16 games on the first midfield
• Scored at least one point in 14 of UVa's 16 games
• Scored one goal and dished out two assists against No. 12 Loyola (Feb. 6)
• Scored two goals and dished out one assist at Richmond (Feb. 8)
• Scored one goal and dished out two assists against Rutgers (Feb. 22)
• Scored a career-high three goals, including the OT winner vs. No. 9 Johns Hopkins (March 22)
• Notched a career-high four points on two goals and two assists against Duke (April 11)
• Appeared in all 15 of UVa's games and made two starts
• Ran mostly on the second midfield unit
• Made first collegiate start against Vermont (March 5)
• Also made a start against Bellarmine (April 20)
• Scored first collegiate goal against VMI (Feb. 19)
• Finished the season with five goals and two assists
• Also scored goals against Vermont (March 5), Maryland (March 30 & April 26) and North Carolina (April 28)
• Scored two goals during the ACC Tournament in Chapel Hill, N.C.
• Dished out his first career assist against Mount St. Mary's (Feb. 26)
• Also dished out an assist at Duke (April 12)
• Redshirted season
• Listed as the No. 91 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• A 2011 graduate of Irondequoit High School
• 2011 All-American
• 2011 Academic All-American
• Section V MVP
• Three-time All-County first-team
• All-Greater Rochester
• Nation's No. 47 rising senior by Inside Lacrosse
• Sustained multiple lower extremity injuries as a senior, coming back to earn MVP honors in the Section V Championship with four goals and two assists
• Tallied 35 goals and 15 assists as junior
• A forward on the hockey team
• Son of Terry and Janet Coholan
• Has two older brothers, Kevin and Drew, and one younger brother, Michael
• Brother Kevin played lacrosse at Mercyhurst and brother Drew played at Hofstra
• Enjoys skiing, boating and longboarding
Coholan's Career Statistics
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Scott Hooper Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/11/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Scott Hooper has been named a USILA Scholar All-A...
Cavaliers Place Three on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2018
Virginia men's lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Scott Hooper and Michael Kraus were named to the 2018...
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 05/02/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
- Online Stores