TIFFANY ON LAVIANO
"Does anyone come to practice with more energy and excitement? Or is anyone else firing the ball faster at teammates and expecting the same in return? Ian has made a splash with our program in his first year on Grounds, playing with a startling amount of pizzazz. Ian combines an astute lacrosse knowledge with exceptional hand and foot quickness. His teammates are recognizing Ian’s abilities and they are enjoying being on his same line."
• Appeared in all 18 of UVA's games with 16 starts
• No. 3 on the team with 37 goals and 46 points
• His 37 goals rank No. 2 all-time among freshman UVA goal scorers
• His 46 points puts him in a tie with Matt Ward for all-time UVA freshman point scorers
• Named ACC Offensive Player of the Week after scoring five goals and dishing one assist in collegiate debut against Loyola
• Also named Baltimore Sun's Lacrosse National Player of the Week for his game at Loyola
• Scored five goals against Princeton
• Scored points in 16 of UVA's 18 games
• Posted 11 multi-goal games
• Recorded six games of three or more goals
• Listed as the No. 53 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 15 attackman in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Scored a school record 314 career points (179-135-314)
• Was a five-year varsity player that won 88 percent of his high school games (83-11)
• Five-year starter, four-time all-county
• All-American nominee in 2014
• Honorable mention All-American in 2015
• Scored 37 points as an 8th grader
• Scored 45 points as a freshman
• Scored 52 points as a sophomore
• Scored 82 points as a junior
• Scored 107 points as a senior
• NYS Championship Offensive MVP
• 2016 honorable mention All American
• 2017 Captain
• Nassau County Offensive MVP 2017
• Led Nassau County in goals and points
• First-team All-Metro NY/NJ/CT
• First-team Newsday All-Long Island
• Nassau County Attackman of the Year
• 2017 Long Island Player of the Year
• Played ice hockey for two seasons
• 2017 sportsmanship award and 2017 coaches award (ice hockey)
• Son of John and Dawn Laviano
NCAA Quest Begins for Iceland NativeTrack & Field, Cross Country5/24/18A three-time ACC champion in the hammer throw, Virginia junior Hilmar Jonsson competes Thursday at the NCAA East Preliminary meet in Tampa, Fla.Lynch Shines Again in His Season FinaleBaseball5/23/18In what was probably his final appearance for UVA, junior left-hander Daniel Lynch struck out seven Tuesday against Florida State in the ACC tournament.UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Cavaliers Place Three on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2018
Virginia men's lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Scott Hooper and Michael Kraus were named to the 2018...
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 5/2/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
Jeff White: Weekend Ends on Disappointing Note
M. Lacrosse | 04/29/2018
Virginia plays once more before the NCAA field is announced next Sunday night. UVA (11-5) hosts...
- Online Stores