“He did it, and it was not by the proverbial skin of his teeth. This walk-on earned a spot on our roster due to effective dodging, accurate shooting and personal persistence. Jack quickly blended in with the men of our program, proving he belonged due to his play on the field and his unselfish demeanor. Having played both attack and midfield in high school, Jack can be useful in multiple ways for us but will focus primarily as a midfielder.”
• Played attack and midfield at The Potomac School
• Earned the school's Senior Athletic Leadership Award
• Four-year starter on varsity
• Three-time first-team All-Mid-Atlantic Conference
• VISAA second-team All-State
• Washington Post All-Met honorable mention
• US Lacrosse Academic All-American
• Team captain in 2016 and 2017
• Three-time conference champion
• Also was a four-year letterwinner and starter on the soccer team
• First-team All-Mid-Atlantic Conference (Soccer)
• Team Captain (Soccer)
• Led the soccer team to its first state championhips appearance in school history in 2017
• Helped soccer team to 2015 regular season championship (first time since 1998)
• Also earned two letters in swimming
• Son of Ron and Mindy Peele
• Has one sister, Natalie and one brother, Luke
• Father, Ron, played football at UVA in 1977 and 1978
• National Laureate Award for National French Exam in 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
• AP Scholar with Distinction
• Commencement speaker at high school graduation
• Enjoys surfing and snowboarding
'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.No. 1 'Hoos Ready to Roll in CharlotteMen's Basketball3/15/18At approximately 9:20 p.m. Friday, in a South Region game, No. 1 seed UVA (31-2) meets No. 16 seed UMBC (24-10) in the NCAA tournament's first round.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 7 UVA Falls Late at No. 4 Notre Dame, 9-7
M. Lacrosse | 3/17/2018
The No. 7 Virginia Cavaliers (6-2, 0-2 ACC) dropped a heartbreaker against the No. 4 Notre Dame...
No. 7 UVA Returns to ACC Play on Saturday at No. 4 Notre Dame
M. Lacrosse | 3/15/2018
No. 9 UVA is Triumphant at Stony Brook, 15-14
M. Lacrosse | 3/10/2018
No. 9 Virginia (6-1) sweeps its New York road trip, as the Cavaliers outlast the Stony Brook...
No. 9 UVA Concludes New York Swing on Saturday at Stony Brook
M. Lacrosse | 3/8/2018
No. 9 UVA outlasts Manhattan on Tuesday Night, 8-5
M. Lacrosse | 3/6/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (5-1) bounced back on one day's rest and beat the Manhattan Jaspers ...
No. 9 UVA Visits Manhattan in Tuesday for a Non-Conference Tilt
M. Lacrosse | 3/5/2018
Jeff White: ACC Breakthrough Eludes No. 5 Cavaliers
M. Lacrosse | 03/04/2018
Seeking its first ACC win since 2014, No. 5 Virginia rallied in the fourth quarter Sunday at Kl&o...
No. 5 UVA Falls to No. 12 Syracuse in ACC Opener, 12-11
M. Lacrosse | 03/04/2018
No. 5 Virginia (4-1, 0-1 ACC) dropped its ACC opener to the No. 12 Syracuse Orange (3-1, 1-0 ACC)...
- Online Stores