"Another injury, another delay for Jack but you would never know it from speaking with him. The eternally optimistic attitude Jack possesses is undeniable, and infectious. On the practice field he has made positive progress with his play, demonstrating to the staff and his teammates he has a stronger comprehension of our schemes and the stick skills to make plays both off the ground and with sharply accurate passes. Jack will be preparing to play both up top at the LSM position and down low at close defense."
• Appeared in eight of UVA's 30 games
• Picked up five ground balls on the season
• Saw time on the faceoff wing
• Appeared in seven of UVA's 15 games
• Made collegiate debut against Siena
• Also saw time against High Point, Richmond, Cleveland State, Robert Morris, Duke and Penn
• Picked up seven ground balls and caused one turnover
• Saw some time on man-down defense
• Picked up three ground balls against High Point
• Picked up two ground balls against Penn in the ACC-Penn Showcase
• Listed as the No. 39 recruit in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Listed as the No. 8 defenseman in the country by Inside Lacrosse
• Under Armour All-American
• Four-year letterwinner in lacrosse at Conestoga
• Helped Conestoga to two Central League championships
• 2015 and 2016 team MVP
• Helped Conestoga to a PIAA state runner-up finish in 2013
• 2016 US Lacrosse All-American
• 2015 and 2016 first-team All Main-Line honoree
• 2016 first-team all-state honoree
• 2016 first-team All-Central League
• 2016 Philadelphia Inquirer first-team All-Southwest (Pa.)
• First Honor Roll all four years at Conestoga
• Son of Jim and Christine Reilly
• Has two younger brothers, James and Patrick, and one younger sister, Eileen
• President of the Hacky Sack Club at Conestoga
• Volunteer at St. Norberts Church
• Local youth lacrosse referee
• Volunteer coach at the Baggataguys Lacrosse Camp
• Volunteer coach Team TEN, a youth club lacrosse team
Hall's NBA Stock RisingMen's Basketball6/12/18By the time the NBA draft arrives on June 21, former UVA guard Devon Hall will have worked out for nearly two-thirds of the league's 30 teams.Mueller Sets Sights on World TitleWrestling6/11/18Early this month, Jack Mueller, a rising junior at UVA, clinched a spot on the U.S. team that will compete at the U23 freestyle world championships in Romania.Master Plan Offers Transformational BlueprintGeneral Release6/8/18A proposed master plan for the athletics precinct on North Grounds was presented Thursday to the Board of Visitors' Buildings and Grounds Committee.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Scott Hooper Named a USILA Scholar All-American
M. Lacrosse | 6/11/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse senior defenseman Scott Hooper has been named a USILA Scholar All-A...
Cavaliers Place Three on the USILA All-America Team
M. Lacrosse | 5/24/2018
Virginia men's lacrosse players Dox Aitken, Scott Hooper and Michael Kraus were named to the 2018...
UVA Falls in the NCAA Tournament at No. 6 Seed Loyola
M. Lacrosse | 5/13/2018
The Virginia Cavaliers (12-6) fell in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday night at...
Jeff White: Hooper Sets Bar High On and Off Field
M. Lacrosse | 5/11/2018
Defenseman Scott Hooper is a four-year starter for Virginia, which meets No. 6 seed Loyola in the...
UVA Opens NCAA Play at No. 6 Seed Loyola on Saturday Night
M. Lacrosse | 5/10/2018
UVA Draws Road Game at Loyola in First Round of NCAA...
M. Lacrosse | 5/6/2018
Virginia has received an at-large bid to the 2018 NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Championship and will...
Matt Moore Named ACC Freshman of the Year
M. Lacrosse | 05/02/2018
Virginia men’s lacrosse midfielder Matt Moore has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference&...
No. 9 UVA Cruises Past In-State Foe VMI, 17-8
M. Lacrosse | 05/01/2018
The No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers (12-5) cruised past the VMI Keydets (2-11) on Tuesday night, 17-8, ...
- Online Stores